Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-30-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think our offense needs to be rebuilt. New QB, RB, WR, and a few linemen. I'll wait to see what Keller does before deciding what we should do with him but I have a feeling he's gonna want more money than he deserves.

If there is 1 positive to take away from today's game, at least Kyle Wilson played well. I was nervous he might get exposed, but I'll give him credit.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I totally agree the offense needs an overhaul, but I'm just not sure where the Jets go on offense if they land theoretically in the top 10 and there's no QB worth the pick on the board or they just don't go QB. Based on FA's and weak spots I could see going with a guard, a right tackle, a tight end, or a running back but none seem to be worth a top 10 pick at this point or there would be no value going with that position. Maybe a receiver but that doesn't make a ton of sense either.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, this is why i thought that the season was over before it started...nothing on the team as a unit is above average without revis and much of it is below average or worse.

There are several areas where we may be have the worst starters in the league. At running back and receiver with or without injuries, just off the top of my head.

Im not really calling out the coaches per se, however, at least offensively, was a bit of a disaster that i think could have been improved with better play calling. It is hard to say though given the circumstances or the 49ers angry defense and the lack of talent on offense. Even with the talent available, I feel like there are opportunities to be had. I think the "jumbo package" is a joke and accomplishes nothing but eliminate an option (you know damn well, bellichik would have had wayne hunter score a touchdown at some point in the last few years if he were in charge). Additionally, Shonn Greene getting carries is pretty inexcusable. He is one of the worst running backs ive seen in my life.

As for the defense, i can't complain too much because they arent the problem really because they arent dominant but are not terrible really given what they have to deal with in terms of staying on the field. However, i have to wonder why we never get pressure or really blitz inventively. Obviously the run was more of an issue today, but in general, there seem to be enough pieces to generate much more pressure than they have been. Ryan has never really had a pass rush here and it never seems to be a priority.

Oh well.

As I have said for a year or so, I hate santonio. I would be happy if they gave a team a draft pick to take santonio off our hands.

Last edited by josh07039 : 09-30-2012 at 11:10 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Different OC same result. Dumping football to MLB area like pee wee game. It is all on Sanchez. His skill set is limited.

I was not fooled by the Bills game like most of you guys but offense is still under the construction with Sparano. Lets see if everyone clicks altogether for rest of the season after First Patriots game.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that the offense needs an overhaul, but let's be honest, this isn't a one-year process. I haven't really said anything (at least on this forum, I don't believe), but this has been brewing for quite a while now. Our depth is terrible across the board and has been for some time. Added to that, we have several overpaid players that just don't cut it. I don't particularly care which direction we go in the draft. As long as the picks are good and plentiful, they'll be the right choice. The only thing really on my wishlist is to see Tannenbaum canned.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it really has. I think the major issue with the team is after those two AFCCG there was a false sense of having a team that would be a SB contender if the major pieces were kept in place. That led to overpaying players (frankly I think Brick, Harris, and maybe Cromartie are overpaid for their relative contributions, plus Sanchez obviously and that’s not counting FA/trade additions like Scott, Harris, and Holmes) and trying to put Band-Aid solutions around them (Hunter, Slauson, now Howard on the OL, Thomas at OLB, Maybin as the pass rusher, Eric Smith last year, Landry and Bell this year).

Add in some missed picks that have been kept around too long in key positions despite doing nothing (Greene, Conner) and high draft picks who have frankly underperformed compared to their draft position or flat out busted (I’ll lump Keller in here and maybe Brick again, obviously Sanchez, Greene, Ducasse, Wilson, the list goes on). Really just a poorly built team.

Frankly this offseason between weak spots and FA’s we’re talking about needing three new offensive linemen, a new RB, a new FB, a new TE, another starting WR, a new QB, three new linebackers, and two new safeties. And maybe a punter.

Realistically I think FB and WR get put off, RB I’d let Powell be a placeholder for a year, Howard and one of the guards probably stick, Bush starts at safety, they use a band aid at one of the OLB spots, and Davis starts inside next to Harris. So that leaves QB, one G, TE, a safety, and a pass rusher. Plus maybe Ducasse or Schlauderaff starts at guard so that's off the list, and maybe Allen at safety. Should be interesting.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF Ryan is still around, I cant see them doing nearly that much.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Realistically, I'm not sure whether or not Ryan will still be around. At the end of the day, Woody runs the team and he wants a winner but also wants attention.

I think at the end of the season he basically sits Ryan down and says that he doesn't want Sanchez starting anymore, he'll be on the team next year because he has to be financially but that's it. So he tells Ryan that Sanchez can be the scapegoat here (maybe Tannenbaum too) and the can either move forward starting Tebow, bring in a rookie, or leave. And I think one way or another the rookie ends up being the move there. But I can't see them continuing to go forward with Sanchez especially because without Holmes the rest of the season is going to be a debacle. I don't like Holmes at all but he's easily the best receiver on the team right now.

Maybe I'm wrong about the QB, but we'll see. The only other thing I could see being warranted with a top draft pick would be a pass rusher or maybe a receiver at this point. As for the other spots, a pass rusher is an obvious need I think they try to address one way or another, at least OLB given Pace is likely to be cut and the other OLB spot is just a rotation of mediocre players. And unless Sparano/new OC wants to run with no TE I think a new one gets brought in because Keller's going to want more money than he's worth as a one dimensional player and doesn't really fit Sparano's offense all that well anyway. Guard/safety are kind of toss up's but we don't know who's going to be there next year with FA's, same with RB. Lots of different ways the team could go but those seem to be the most likely spots to get band aid solutions, particularly guard where Ducasse is already being groomed to start.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow.. I guess Jets HC job is labeled as a short lived assignment.

Herm Edwards started good and slept in last two seasons. Eric Mangini started all right and then got tossed under pressure of media. Now, Rex Ryan brought Jets into AFC game twice to start his head coaching career and he may be on hot seat if Jets don't turn around instantaneously.

Machete - Idzik.
First Kill - Ryan.
2nd Kill - Mornhinweg.
3rd Kill - Thurman.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

I dont want him fired but i would like him to show a little more humility and a little more creativity. He is a bit too stubborn in his schemes and doesnt really adapt to what he has. I also think his optimism often clouds his analysis of his players' talent levels. His positivty makes his players like him, but it also has cost him. The only time i really want a coach fired is when i think he is underachieving with what he has. Ryan just doesnt have much and doesn't realize it( i mean, he does now, but not in general).
Old 10-04-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Andre Johnson on scouting Kyle Wilson: "You see places that you can have opportunities to make plays." #nyj
Well I could have told you that, but it's not good that he's telling you that. MNF is going to be interesting...
Old 10-04-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I dont want him fired but i would like him to show a little more humility and a little more creativity. He is a bit too stubborn in his schemes and doesnt really adapt to what he has. I also think his optimism often clouds his analysis of his players' talent levels. His positivty makes his players like him, but it also has cost him. The only time i really want a coach fired is when i think he is underachieving with what he has. Ryan just doesnt have much and doesn't realize it( i mean, he does now, but not in general).

I don't mind Ryan's mouth machine but he needs to dial down because he seemingly focused on getting the team to back up his mouth instead actually coaching the team to win games in different ways.

Ryan has to accept that Jets need dynamic players for better advantage and distraction.

Machete - Idzik.
First Kill - Ryan.
2nd Kill - Mornhinweg.
3rd Kill - Thurman.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Steven Jackson decided to cancel 2013 out to become a free agent after this season. He has struggled a little bit due to groin issue but he has been 1k yards for 7 straight seasons. He can give us a good 900 yards this year. He should bolster the RB depth.

Not that I want to make a trade for him but I like to upgrade RB depth by adding a proven veteran rather than auditioning youngsters in attempt to have a hidden diamond label.

He is making 7 million plus 1 m something in signing bonus. Jets can work on fixing 5 m to fit in Jets' budget. I am sure Ryan will give Jackson football as many as he can. That is exact what Jackson wants.

Machete - Idzik.
First Kill - Ryan.
2nd Kill - Mornhinweg.
3rd Kill - Thurman.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you Jets fans think about Tebow?

I personally hope he gets to start at some point. I don't think he can be much worse than Sanchez and also adds great athleticism to the position. His ability to aid in the running game both by running the ball himself and by creating running lanes through the option should help the Jets running game which will keep the defense on the sideline. And like last year Tebow has a GT WR well versed in the option game. With the loss of Holmes and an untested WR corps I think the Jets would be wise to go towards a run heavy offense.

The Jets defense is solid but are on the field to long. The Jets style of play is ball control/strong defense. Just wondering what Jets fans think. I Rex Ryan has blind loyalty towards Sanchez.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
What do you Jets fans think about Tebow?

I personally hope he gets to start at some point. I don't think he can be much worse than Sanchez and also adds great athleticism to the position. His ability to aid in the running game both by running the ball himself and by creating running lanes through the option should help the Jets running game which will keep the defense on the sideline. And like last year Tebow has a GT WR well versed in the option game. With the loss of Holmes and an untested WR corps I think the Jets would be wise to go towards a run heavy offense.

The Jets defense is solid but are on the field to long. The Jets style of play is ball control/strong defense. Just wondering what Jets fans think. I Rex Ryan has blind loyalty towards Sanchez.
Nope, but who cares. The offense will suck either way. I think more tebow and in different ways is smart, but not all the way. I still dont think Sanchez is sooo ******* bad even though im not much of a fan. Im not saying hes the future, but hes not so bad, hes just got nothing around him. If he had wideouts and a runningback and a line and he were playing like **** it would be a different story. As bad as his numbers have been, he has shown improvement as far as i can see. His deep balls are a ton better and his ball in general has a lot more zip, his timing has been better on certain routes that had been lacking in the past, and he has shown more poise in the pocket. I really think his biggest issue has been recievers not getting open, dropping balls, running bad routes, etc. Id like to see if he would suck with a decent offense around him. When has he ever had a number 1 receiver that can get open for him?

Dont get me wrong, he misses guys when they are open sometimes, but i really do think he has been working hard and handling all the scrutiny and attention with a lot of class and poise. Ill give him credit overall even though i dont think things are gonna work out for him whether it is his fault or he is a victim of circumstances.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

According to you fans, Tannenbaum is an idiot. Right?

He has patience with Greene's early struggle.

Machete - Idzik.
First Kill - Ryan.
2nd Kill - Mornhinweg.
3rd Kill - Thurman.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

What else is Tannenbaum going to say publicly?
Old 10-05-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
What else is Tannenbaum going to say publicly?
If anyone says the truth, you deserve to be repeatedly punched in the face.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I can't think of positive note but Jets are only one game back in the division.

Machete - Idzik.
First Kill - Ryan.
2nd Kill - Mornhinweg.
3rd Kill - Thurman.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:02 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Man I just played a game of Madden and it made me hate Shonn Greene so much more because I'm great with him in that game.

As for the game... well, it was a valiant effort. Not much you really can say. Sanchez missed some key opportunities (that Cro play should have been a TD) that really came back and bit us. The coaching staff didn't do a lot to really negate Watt's impact on the game either. The lack of adjustments on offense just made it too much of an uphill climb. We definitely could have won that game. Schilens also should have caught that onside kick. Oh well. Honestly, we're really not looking too bad considering the circumstances.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Rex should have let Tebow have the series after he got the 1st and goal on the 3 yard line.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Shonn Greene is the man. I hope he continues reaching 100 plus rushing yards for next 3 games. Patriots and Dolphins are capable of having 300-400 passing yards and Seahawks have "lucky" comeback magic on so Greene needs to keep offense staying on the field for most of game.

Two Hills could be the secret trick to reach 10th victory this season.. lol.

Machete - Idzik.
First Kill - Ryan.
2nd Kill - Mornhinweg.
3rd Kill - Thurman.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Shonn Greene is the man. I hope he continues reaching 100 plus rushing yards for next 3 games. Patriots and Dolphins are capable of having 300-400 passing yards and Seahawks have "lucky" comeback magic on so Greene needs to keep offense staying on the field for most of game.

Two Hills could be the secret trick to reach 10th victory this season.. lol.
Not sure if serious?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Not sure if serious?

I call for an oddity. Is that wrong to do this?

Machete - Idzik.
First Kill - Ryan.
2nd Kill - Mornhinweg.
3rd Kill - Thurman.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I'm baffled.

Will be interesting to see if this weekend is close at all.