Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-17-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think we have a chance but we have to start blowing teams out and shutting teams down. Also obviously win the Pac-12 Championship game.

Stanford is going to struggle with Oregon, UCLA, Arizona and ASU I think.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I still think we have a chance but we have to start blowing teams out and shutting teams down. Also obviously win the Pac-12 Championship game.

Stanford is going to struggle with Oregon, UCLA, Arizona and ASU I think.
Not liking their chances of beating Oregon twice.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone expect the Ducks to shut out Arizona last night?

That defense had some HUGE plays.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Did anyone expect the Ducks to shut out Arizona last night?

That defense had some HUGE plays.
Nope, didn't see that coming.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cal is just a mess.

Maynard was 9/28 today.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're a Cal fan???

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
CU, the second worst team in college football.
That's what I figured. But everyone was talking about Cal, just had to make sure.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:35 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oregon State is looking very impressive. 3rd straight win vs a quality opponent, 2nd on the road.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly my new bet for the year is just betting against Colorado each week.

I'm also going to fly out for the Stanford/Colorado game later this year so that should be fun. I've been out to a couple Broncos games and I've enjoyed the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

I don't get why Zach Maynard hasn't been benched yet. He has zero mobility, terrible pocket presence, and easily the worst accuracy i've seen from a college quarterback.

Are the backups that bad?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Riley has been legit. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a job at a big time SEC school if they offer.

Same with Sark, I think he would jump at the chance to be able to coach at a bigger named school.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Riley has been legit. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a job at a big time SEC school if they offer.

Same with Sark, I think he would jump at the chance to be able to coach at a bigger named school.
Naw, he'll stay at OS forEVVEERRR. Not like he's turned down big-time jobs before.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Riley was mentioned as one of SC's targets when they were looking for a coach. I dont remember if he turned it down or they just offered Kiff first.

Sark is a tougher one for me. I think he would wanna stay on the west coast because of his ties to California but I guess if someone like Arkansas or Tenn came calling with a fatty pay check he might bounce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

Sean Mannion is out indefinitely. Oh man that is a huge blow for Oregon State.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Sean Mannion is out indefinitely. Oh man that is a huge blow for Oregon State.
bahhhhh that sucks. They have been a great surprise team this year and Mannion is one of the best young underclassmen QBs in college football.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:45 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Riley was mentioned as one of SC's targets when they were looking for a coach. I dont remember if he turned it down or they just offered Kiff first.

Sark is a tougher one for me. I think he would wanna stay on the west coast because of his ties to California but I guess if someone like Arkansas or Tenn came calling with a fatty pay check he might bounce.
Riley turned down Mike Garrett's offer.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

I think Stanford can give Notre Dame a game but though they both struggle offensively Notre Dame's defense is way better than Stanford's.

Notre Dame is favored by 8.

Last edited by soybean : 10-12-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Stanford can give Notre Dame a game but though they both struggle offensively Notre Dame's defense is way better than Stanford's.
Think about how wrong you would have been if you said this 2-3 years ago. It's amazing how far both of these teams have gone...
Old 10-27-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

I'm still a big believer in Lane Kiffen but he's not there yet as an elite FB coach. It's atrocious that this team is last in penalties in fbs. Having a team with so many egos, you have to be able to put em in their place instead of having them act like and think they're badasses. 15 yard penalties are inexcuable.

I guess we were definitely overrated coming into this season. The defense needs a big time change in coaching, particularly in the secondary. Playmakers all over the field yet they allow a 3rd and 22 to turn into a 60 yard gain.

The good thing is that Lane is an elite recruiter so when new talent comes in next year, hopefully we have some fresh blood to put out on the field. I hope this debacle of a season doesn't make recruits waiver from their decision.

I hope we beat Oregon but I can't see it right now. I think Oregon makes it to the NCG.

/rant
Old 10-27-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Another little tid bit. Notre Dame had 1 penalty and 0 turnovers today.

We had around 13 penalties and 5 turnovers.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

Looks like Kevin Hogan has taken over the starting quarterback position for Stanford.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to take it with a massive grain of salt, but Hogan was head and shoulders above Nunes. The team just responded to him being out there. He lead some nice scoring drives. He is just more decisive, especially when just tucking it to run. This was all on the Colorado defense, but it gives me hope. Plus its better to get a redshirt freshman experience instead of a senior like Nunes.

Side note: I went to Colorado for the game, and sweet jesus its beautiful out there. If I was ever banned from California, Colorado would be my first choice. Colorado had a great stadium too. I can't say enough good things about the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Heard this on college football live today, made me laugh in my head:

"Terrible News for Cal! Quarterback Zach Maynard is out for this Saturday's game against Oregon with an apparent knee sprain. QB Allan Bridgford will be in replace of Maynard"
Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible huh?

Oregon is 28 point favorites. Initial reaction is to throw down 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

The USC vs UCLA next week is going to be great game. First time in a while I don't think we'll roll em. everyone should tune in.