Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-06-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should have matched whatever Dallas offered Kyle Orton. The only reason they didn't is Pioli didn't want "real" competition at QB.

The guy looked better than Cassel in every way and didn't even know the O or his WR's.

I'm not saying Kyle Orton would have been the long term answer but it sure would have been nice to have a plan B. Now they are just ******!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Cassel is dreadful. I would rather be dreadful with Brady Quinn lol
A-Men Brother.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would you ever want competition for your starting QB? When has that ever worked out? It never does. Just causes issues. I don't think Cassel is handling the pressure very well. He looked great in the first half against Atlanta and through the first drive of the second half, then has looked completely different (and not like he's looked at all since he's been here) since.

Cassel hasn't been bad in KC. He hasn't been Superman, but he's been average to good. He's only been "bad" the last few games. He has a confidence issue and he needs to get over it. He's still infinitely better than Quinn. I don't have any problem with bringing in Quinn as the backup. To me, who a team brings in for that spot should be up to the OC. That's why I didn't have a problem with Palko, either. If that's the guy the guy running the offense is comfortable with, I'm fine with that. The way I look at it, your season is likely ****** no matter what if your starting QB goes down.

Cowher and Fisher wanted to shop for their own groceries. That means Pioli would be hiring them and then taking a backseat to doing his job. Fisher would have been great, but he's so traumatized by the situation with his last GM, he refuses to work with another. And there really weren't any good options out there

Peyton not coming here didn't have anything to do with winning or Pioli, necessarily. It was more about the actual city, from what I recall.

People will rattle those guys off and completely look over that they were able to bring Routt, Boss, Winston, and Hillis in and signed them before they visited another team. Those were top of the wire guys at their respective positions and Pioli got them all signed relatively easily. All 4 cited the organization and direction of the team as the main reasons they came here.

Last edited by nepg : 10-06-2012 at 11:06 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
RAC is not a head coach. It's simple and it's pretty damn clear at this point. If Pioli actually keeps his job, which he shouldn't, RAC should be fired.

Both should be fired at this point, but I'd rather keep Pioli over RAC, even though I know it in my gut that Pioli will **** the bed and draft another DL from LSU instead of a QB because "we believe Matt Cassel is a good QB."

Biggest load of garbage I've ever seen from an organization in my life.
Under no circumstances should Scott Pioli keep his job. 3 Head Coaches on one contract is ******* pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Why would you ever want competition for your starting QB?
We were looking for a replacement, not competition. Anyone with a clue knew Cassel sucks.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They gave a go at Manning. No one else out there was better than Cassel. I keep seeing people complain that they didn't replace him, but who should they have replaced him with? There's no one out there.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, even Chad Henne would of replaced Cassel.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They gave a go at Manning. No one else out there was better than Cassel. I keep seeing people complain that they didn't replace him, but who should they have replaced him with? There's no one out there.
maybe so but i rather have another 'NO One' than Castle.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would you ever want competition for your starting QB? When has that ever worked out? It never does. Just causes issues. I don't think Cassel is handling the pressure very well. He looked great in the first half against Atlanta and through the first drive of the second half, then has looked completely different (and not like he's looked at all since he's been here) since.
Why would you want competition? WHY? Because our starter is Matt Cassel. And even more to the point, having a solid to good backup QB is not a luxury anymore, it's NECESSITY. What if your starter goes down?

I can't believe you even asked that. This is the NFL, not college football.

Quote:
Cassel hasn't been bad in KC. He hasn't been Superman, but he's been average to good. He's only been "bad" the last few games. He has a confidence issue and he needs to get over it.
He hasn't been bad? We must be watching different games. He was awful in 2009 (queue the excuses here), he was bad in a few games in 2010, he was GOD AWFUL in the playoffs, and he wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire last year before he got hurt. Matt Cassel has been average at best, and benchable most of the other time.

Quote:
Cowher and Fisher wanted to shop for their own groceries. That means Pioli would be hiring them and then taking a backseat to doing his job. Fisher would have been great, but he's so traumatized by the situation with his last GM, he refuses to work with another. And there really weren't any good options out there.
You're right, instead of working with the HC in the draft Pioli wanted complete control. Complete. Control. I don't know many big name HCs who would be okay with that. This goes back to Pioli being a control freak and thinking he's smarter than everyone else. Look at his track history in the draft and free agency since coming to KC.. it's pretty clear he's not.

Quote:
Peyton not coming here didn't have anything to do with winning or Pioli, necessarily. It was more about the actual city, from what I recall.
Yes, it did. Peyton didn't want to play in one of the toughest stadiums in the NFL? He didn't want to play for one of the most rabid fanbases this league has ever seen? Give me a break. He didn't want to play on a team that was run by Pioli, and I don't blame him one bit for that. Not anymore.

Quote:
People will rattle those guys off and completely look over that they were able to bring Routt, Boss, Winston, and Hillis in and signed them before they visited another team. Those were top of the wire guys at their respective positions and Pioli got them all signed relatively easily. All 4 cited the organization and direction of the team as the main reasons they came here.
And all four are kicking themselves now, I guarantee it. And we can be honest: Boss is likely done in KC and probably in the NFL, Hillis hasn't done anything to warrant even a one year deal so far, but I'll give you Routt and Winston. But then again, show me one single player who has made an impact from any other free agent class since Pioli has been here. One. Just name ONE IMPACT free agent signing before 2012. Go ahead, I'll wait.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel's starts in KC:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...Ma00/gamelog//

AWFUL. Like how bad can he be? You hav to look at the stats, even though they dont tell the full story. 43 games started. 16 starts with over 60% comp. QB rating does not tell the story either but only 12 games over 100% rating.

He has been awful. Want to see how many games he has had with over 240 yards, 60 % comp at least one TD - cuz that is a decent game right? 5. 5 of those games. 5 games out of 43 starts with over 240 yards, 60 % comp at least 1 TD.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Why would you want competition? WHY? Because our starter is Matt Cassel. And even more to the point, having a solid to good backup QB is not a luxury anymore, it's NECESSITY. What if your starter goes down?

I can't believe you even asked that. This is the NFL, not college football.
Having a good backup is well and good, but that's still on the OC, imo. He's the one that determines that position.

Quote:
He hasn't been bad? We must be watching different games. He was awful in 2009 (queue the excuses here), he was bad in a few games in 2010, he was GOD AWFUL in the playoffs, and he wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire last year before he got hurt. Matt Cassel has been average at best, and benchable most of the other time.
He has not been bad. Do you even remember 2009? Cassel did well for what that was.

Quote:
You're right, instead of working with the HC in the draft Pioli wanted complete control. Complete. Control. I don't know many big name HCs who would be okay with that. This goes back to Pioli being a control freak and thinking he's smarter than everyone else. Look at his track history in the draft and free agency since coming to KC.. it's pretty clear he's not.
No. It was the other way around. Fisher and Cowher don't want to work with a GM. THEY want total and complete control. The last two drafts have been Pioli working with the HC and getting the player the coach wanted.

Quote:
Yes, it did. Peyton didn't want to play in one of the toughest stadiums in the NFL? He didn't want to play for one of the most rabid fanbases this league has ever seen? Give me a break.
No, he didn't. He doesn't like KC. He's said some things about the city.

Quote:
And all four are kicking themselves now, I guarantee it. And we can be honest: Boss is likely done in KC and probably in the NFL, Hillis hasn't done anything to warrant even a one year deal so far, but I'll give you Routt and Winston. But then again, show me one single player who has made an impact from any other free agent class since Pioli has been here. One. Just name ONE IMPACT free agent signing before 2012. Go ahead, I'll wait.
Steve Breaston was a pretty big signing when they brought him in last year. McClain and Gaither were nice little pick-ups even though they really didn't work out. Prior to that, there was Thomas Jones and the risky guys that they might have been able to bring in weren't good fits for the team at the time.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Tom Condon and Scott Pioli are not bffs.

Also, 19-24. That blows. If you have a 1st round rookie that starts 43 which is almost 3 years then you expect those numbers especially if you go 5-11 the rookies first year.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you cant argue that a FA is talented and a good signing after he has sucked for you. this is a results based job. None of Piolis draft picks have turned into even an avg starter. none of his FA signings have become anything more than talented pieces that have contributed nothing in the win loss column. after 4 years we are in the same place we were before he got here. hell, it maybe an arguement that we are worse because all the good players on this team were here before Pioli. in 4 years from now, will any of his draft picks be the best players on this team? doubtful, but time will tell.

Pioli is overbearing, concerned about things that should be outside of his control and a meddler. if he was better at his job, than those things are tolerated. when you suck at your job, those are annoyances that cannot be overlooked. his time has come and gone. the results of his tenure here back that up.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cyrus Gray, why do you hurt me so.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what sucks the most about watching this team? When something bad happens, im almost indifferent to it. I dont get mad, yell or even shake my head. I still watch, but I.m emotionally checked out. I didnt want to get back to this point and I thought I was done being here, but here I sit. Knowing we suck and everything that comes along with that
Old 10-07-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
You know what sucks the most about watching this team? When something bad happens, im almost indifferent to it. I dont get mad, yell or even shake my head. I still watch, but I.m emotionally checked out. I didnt want to get back to this point and I thought I was done being here, but here I sit. Knowing we suck and everything that comes along with that
Me too. That's exactly how I feel. I see a fumble or an int or a 3 and out and I just shrug it off. It doesn't hurt anymore, and that is sad.

Hopefully we can clean house and draft a QB. Then my heart will be in it again.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I wouldn't really put that INT on Cassel, but it was an INT anyway.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

That INT was a tipped ball and not Cassels fault. Bowe should have caught it. But look at it again and tell me that because Cassel starred at Bowe 2 more Ravens came to the ball including Ladarius Webb. You dont have to cover another WR if Cassel never looks at them.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, I absolutely blame Cassel for staring down his receiver again. He cannot go through progressions at all.. but he's never been able to do that so that isn't news.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Heads up play by Copper. JC is having a huge day
Old 10-07-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

This drive, and really the game so far, prove that this team has zero faith in Matt Cassel.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Tied w/ Baltimore, 2 min left in 1st half, only 4 passing plays called. That says alot about Cassel, this team and everyones umderstanding of how we win. This is why Quinn could be as good for this team. At least Quinn hasnt lost the teams confidence, yet. You cant say that about Cassel
Old 10-07-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, no one believes in Cassel anymore. It's clear.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

That play, RIGHT THERE, is Matt Cassel in a nutshell. Jesus christ. A fumble on the 1? You can't even get the center / QB exchange? Jesus christ on a cracker.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

That INT was as much on Cassel as it was on Bowe. Why are all of his throws so god damn high?
Old 10-07-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Here come Brady, but for a different reason