Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-04-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have my fav QB's in draft ranked as followed:

1. Geno Smith
2. Tyler Wilson
3. Matt Barkley
4. Tyler Bray
5. Aaron Murray
Old 10-04-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I have my fav QB's in draft ranked as followed:

1. Geno Smith
2. Tyler Wilson
3. Matt Barkley
4. Tyler Bray
5. Aaron Murray
People will disagree with my list but my favorites are:

Geno
Tyler Bray
Mike Glennon
Tyler Wilson
Aaron Murray
Matt Barkley

As I said in another thread, many will disagree with me having Barkley down so low, but for me it's the USC stigma. There are currently 4 USC QBs in the NFL that were either drafted high and/or starting in the NFL. And none of them, save for maybe Carson Palmer, have amounted to much. Not sure I want to try bucking that trend with Barkley. But that's just my opinion.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It isn't fair to paint Barkley with the same brush as other USC QBs, and this is coming from someone who doesn't necessarily disagree with you there, but it really isn't fair. And as for Bray, I just don't think he'll be ready. He has admitted to doing coke (if I'm remembering the right QB, and I think I am) and just seems so amazingly immature.

As to non QB selections, I can't justify any of them, and I love Jarvis Jones and I'm a big fan of Xavier Rhodes. I would be really pissed if we had the opportunity to take Geno, TDubz, or Barkley.. and we passed.

I will always be a Chiefs fan, for the rest of my life, but I'm getting real sick of this crap. I don't want to trade for another QB from another team. I don't want to address DLine again. I want a QB. I want a young, franchise caliber QB we can groom and hopefully win with. I'm ENVIOUS of the Jags and Blaine Gabbert, or when the Raiders took JaMarcus Russell, because at least THEY WERE TRYING. We don't try. We just don't, and that is the most upsetting part.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Bray has his issues. I'm not saying he doesn't. I'm just looking at his raw ability and tools he brings to the table. And IMO, just looking at his ability and tools, he's right up there with the best in this class, IMO. Now, that doesn't mean he has the head to go along with it. He does have character red flags that have to be investigated. Perhaps he's just going through a young and dumb phase of his life? IDK. I'm just saying from a pure physical ability standpoint, he's up there, IMO.

I know it's not fair to paint Barkley with the same brush as Cassel, Sanchez, Leinert and Palmer. And maybe Barkley will be different from them. I'd just really sting if we were to pick Barkley, considering the history of USC QBs and he turns out to be no better than the others. Not saying he will or won't be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not and can't really justify them taking anything other than a QB either. I'd be pretty pissed too if they didn't get one. Moreso if they chose another position while one of the top QB prospects were still on the board.

And that's where I'm at with this franchise. They haven't even TRIED to develop their own frachise QB in 30 years. Instead always opting for a retread, castoff or backup from someone else's team. That has only worked ONCE for this franchise. And that was 40+ years ago. I do not know why they keep thinking they can do that again when it hasn't worked in 40+ years.

I know the chances are greater of missing on a QB selection in the first round than hitting on one. But you have ZERO chance of hitting on one if you refuse to even try. I said this on another forum, how would swinging and missing on, say, Tyler Wilson be any worse than all the swings and misses we have had on the defensive line? I just want the Chiefs to at least try it. And if we miss, then we miss and we should try it again 4 or 5 years from now. But what if we actually hit on a QB in the first round....?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
People will disagree with my list but my favorites are:

Geno
Tyler Bray
Mike Glennon
Tyler Wilson
Aaron Murray
Matt Barkley

As I said in another thread, many will disagree with me having Barkley down so low, but for me it's the USC stigma. There are currently 4 USC QBs in the NFL that were either drafted high and/or starting in the NFL. And none of them, save for maybe Carson Palmer, have amounted to much. Not sure I want to try bucking that trend with Barkley. But that's just my opinion.
USC stigma is a terrible explanation.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't like Barkley that much. Has nothing to do with USC.

I'm not all that jazzed about any of them outside of Geno.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not very high on Barkley either, but I wouldn't put Tyler Bray or Aaron Murray over him.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1a. Geno Smith
1b. Tyler Wilson
3. Matt Barkley
4. Tyler Bray
5. Logan Thomas
Old 10-06-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

That looks better, although I wouldn't have Logan Thomas on my list.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Glennon needs more pub. He's starting to turn into what he was supposed to be when NC State landed him. I'd consider putting him right behind Geno.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Glennon looked pretty awful yesterday.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three and thirteen-o, because we want Geno!
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I want one of the top three or four. I don't care about anything else anymore. **** this team. Blow it up, bench or outright release Cassel, and play for the first overall pick.

Addition by subtraction at this point.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well today's gamed showed to the world why we need a new QB.Cassel = Garbage!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Quote:
well today's gamed showed to the world why we need a new QB.Cassel = Garbage!!!!
I agree. I think they demonstrated pretty well Sunday that they have little to no faith in Matt Cassel. If that's the case, why even have him on the field?

Cassel is a backup QB. We're trying to win with a guy that should be a backup. That needs to change.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
I agree. I think they demonstrated pretty well Sunday that they have little to no faith in Matt Cassel. If that's the case, why even have him on the field?

Cassel is a backup QB. We're trying to win with a guy that should be a backup. That needs to change.
The coaching staff has no faith in Matt Cassel. The gameplan seems to be to keep the ball away from the QB.
Worse, the team has no faith in Matt Cassel. Listen to their statements. These are not ringing endorsements.
Worst of all, Matt Cassel has no faith in Matt Cassel. He expects to make mistakes and he does.

Brady Quinn??? OMG.

I really hate to be looking forward to the draft this early in the season.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I want one of the three QBs. If this abortion of a season allows us to get one of those guys, bring on the rest of the season. If we narrowly miss out on one of them, and don't trade up to get one, I will not be a very happy camper.

I think it's laughable that people think BRADY QUINN is going to come in and turn this around. It's Brady ******* Quinn. He might actually be a downgrade from Cassel, and that is saying something, considering Cassel is statistically the worst QB in the NFL this year and it ain't close.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I'm doing a forum mock and got Tyler Wilson in the 1st round. do you guy have any ideas where I should go with the 2nd & 3rd round picks
Old 10-10-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm doing a forum mock and got Tyler Wilson in the 1st round. do you guy have any ideas where I should go with the 2nd & 3rd round picks
You filled a huge need in the 1st so I'd be inclined to go best player.
That said:
Free Safety - I love Kendrick Lewis but he can't stay healthy.
ILB - the 3-4 defense really needs good LBs and Jovan Belcher is just a guy.
CB - I miss Brandon Carr and so does our defense. Besides you need 3 or 4.
RB - I had high hopes for Peyton Hillis. We really need a big back to go with Jaamal.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't think you can go wrong with any type of DB here. S or CB really. ILB is big too if someone falls.

If someone like Manti T'eo is available I'd strongly consider moving back up into the 20s for him. But that's just me.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't think you can go wrong with any type of DB here. S or CB really. ILB is big too if someone falls.

If someone like Manti T'eo is available I'd strongly consider moving back up into the 20s for him. But that's just me.
You're kinda greedy, aren't you?

I'd love Manti T'eo, but there's no way he's available.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Of course I'm greedy!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
You're kinda greedy, aren't you?

I'd love Manti T'eo, but there's no way he's available.
T'eo could easily fall. He's an ILB that's been on the radar for 5 years now. Those types of players tend to last into the 2nd round for some reason.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Rookie

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Arthur Brown ILB
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

so far in the forum mock I've accomplished the following:

Ditched Cassel, drafted Wilson & signed Albert & Bowe to extensions