Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-06-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, I remember getting into the first PS beta but I never thought it was worth apply to the second one.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
When TOR goes free do you still keep all your old characters from the past?
You sure do.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I need to look at the free to play restrictions again. With how inconsistent I will be due to school I don't think it's worth resubbing again.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Meh, I need to look at the free to play restrictions again. With how inconsistent I will be due to school I don't think it's worth resubbing again.
Reading over the restrictions, and it doesnt look worth playing.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't even re-visit TOR when it does become free to play.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
And here is Caddy, aka Buzz Killington, offering absolutely nothing of value to the conversation at hand! For no reason! Hooray Caddy!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
And here is Caddy, aka Buzz Killington, offering absolutely nothing of value to the conversation at hand! For no reason! Hooray Caddy!
I added much vidae. TOR is trash, don't waste your time!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:13 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was so close to being a good game. And then Bioware went the complete opposite direction they needed to go to make it good. They tried too hard to cater to people that wanted to play a single player game (the reason WoW went awry for a lot of people). I ******* hate when they do this. It's what kills online games.

MMOs are NOT single player games and should not be balanced towards that play-style. When you spend hours doing something with your Guild/Clan/Friends and then see that just anyone can accomplish the same feat with the use of gold or a little farming on their own...that's ********.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im still enjoying GW2 quite a bit. The story lines have got me hooked. Its going to be a while before I put this game down.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't logged on in about a week. It got old when everyone I know basically quit, haha. Plus there were a LOT of bugs with certain skillpoints/vistas. I couldn't get 100% map completion because of it, and I got annoyed.

The good thing about GW2 is that it's free, so I can go back any time I want to check it out. I have an 80 (Asura Elementalist) and a 40 (Charr Warrior) so I might jump back into it later.

I'm STRONGLY considering subbing up for TOR again though, and I just got into the Planetside 2 beta and I'm going to pre-purchase War Z.. so I dunno if I'll have a ton of time to devote to it.

I haven't downloaded or patched it yet but I'll let you know when I figure things out.
See thats the problem... MMOs are great when you have a group of people playing them... Sure TOR wasn't the be all end all MMO but the fact was we had a ton of fun for the first 2 months despite its major flaws.

What we really need to do is just settle on a game and all grab it try to rekindle the early TOR days.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, even crappy Last Chaos (or was it Lost?) was fun when comahan and I were playing because I actually had someone to play with.

TOR release was kind of bad timing for me where I was traveling a lot and almost immediately behind everyone else.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't think the restrictions are that bad for a F2P system. It has an added benefit of being able to sub for exactly what you want too, which I haven't seen before. If you want to raid, it won't be $15 a month. You could sub JUST for PvE raids if you don't want to PvP, or vice versa.

It's probably not worth $15 a month, but I've been so bored lately that I really don't have any other option.

And my biggest pet peeve about GW2 is that once you hit 80, and finish your personal story, what are you supposed to do? There are no raids. I'm at like 99% map completion (except for two buggy skill points) and there is literally nothing else to do except make alts. When I powergame and hit 80, I want something to do when I get there. You can only do the 75-80 or 80 zone DEs before you get bored out of your mind. And running the same dungeons over and over is not fun.

I hate putting in time, getting to the max level, and having absolutely nothing to do. It sucks. And makes me feel like I wasted my time.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So whats the deal? Like I said earlier I would love to find a game we can all get back into.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

There just aren't that many options for games that can sustain us long term, and there are a lot of things coming out in the future. Planetside 2 and War Z are the two that immediately come to mind, but I'm sure there are a lot of MMOs/games coming out in the near future that people are excited about.

Guild Wars 2 was the "next big game" though. I can't recall anything big coming out in the near future but I can do some research.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
There just aren't that many options for games that can sustain us long term, and there are a lot of things coming out in the future. Planetside 2 and War Z are the two that immediately come to mind, but I'm sure there are a lot of MMOs/games coming out in the near future that people are excited about.

Guild Wars 2 was the "next big game" though. I can't recall anything big coming out in the near future but I can do some research.
Thats what sucks... I love my single player games as much as anyone but I have been clamoring for that good MMO experience again.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm still going to either sub for TOR or play it when it goes F2P.. unless War Z is amazing.. but I have my doubts.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm still going to either sub for TOR or play it when it goes F2P.. unless War Z is amazing.. but I have my doubts.
I want Warz to be amazing. I think it will lack due to one thing. Why continue to play? What is the goal? Why continue to run around to kill zombies and people? Just to get loot?
Old 10-07-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah that's my biggest problem with it too. It's the same as GW2 for me. Get a bunch of gear/med supplies/food/whatever.. then what?
Old 10-07-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah that's my biggest problem with it too. It's the same as GW2 for me. Get a bunch of gear/med supplies/food/whatever.. then what?
Now if there was a guild system where you own a fortress or something and you have to defend it against other guilds...that would be cool. I highly doubt that is in the game. That is one thing that I felt TOR was lacking as well.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Now if there was a guild system where you own a fortress or something and you have to defend it against other guilds...that would be cool. I highly doubt that is in the game. That is one thing that I felt TOR was lacking as well.
Its is an awesome thing that I think a lot of games don't have. Hell while Aion was a grindfest it still had some pretty cool features and I think that was one of them. I really wish that game was better and had more support from the gaming community as it could have been top dog in my eyes.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Its is an awesome thing that I think a lot of games don't have. Hell while Aion was a grindfest it still had some pretty cool features and I think that was one of them. I really wish that game was better and had more support from the gaming community as it could have been top dog in my eyes.
I played a game like forever ago called voyage century that was a pure grind fest...but it also had a guild based system that had you do weekly battles against other guilds for cities. There was also daily wars. It was more fun than TOR because of this despite being a crappy korean Free to play game lol
Old 10-07-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
You suck, Caddy.

Quote:
I don't think the restrictions are that bad for a F2P system. It has an added benefit of being able to sub for exactly what you want too, which I haven't seen before. If you want to raid, it won't be $15 a month. You could sub JUST for PvE raids if you don't want to PvP, or vice versa.

It's probably not worth $15 a month, but I've been so bored lately that I really don't have any other option.

And my biggest pet peeve about GW2 is that once you hit 80, and finish your personal story, what are you supposed to do? There are no raids. I'm at like 99% map completion (except for two buggy skill points) and there is literally nothing else to do except make alts. When I powergame and hit 80, I want something to do when I get there. You can only do the 75-80 or 80 zone DEs before you get bored out of your mind. And running the same dungeons over and over is not fun.

I hate putting in time, getting to the max level, and having absolutely nothing to do. It sucks. And makes me feel like I wasted my time.
That's honestly how I feel about most MMO's. I get very little incentive to stay once I hit the level cap. MMO's are in desperate need of some creativity. They're all the same. I was hoping with TOR's story element I would be appeased but the downside of it was there wasn't as much unique story line quests as I was hoping for.

Honestly, some of the more fun MMO's I've played have been one's that were in some ways cheesy or crappy. I always thought WWII Online was sort of cool, the way you could bomb enemy factories to hurt their production, as well as being able to actually "win" the map. To me that's pretty neat. That's one of my biggest gripes with MMO's. What's the purpose of playing? I don't know about you but I've never enjoyed running the same raids over and over again or playing the same PvP battlegrounds over and over again. And if I did, what's the point? What makes me feel accomplished for having done that?

TOR would be awesome if they had an entire section of space devoted to PvP. Like have numerous planets you can fight over and capture with big bases and fortresses you can build.

Or have an awesome economy to the game. Even crap games like SWG had a pretty cool system where you could put down wind turbines to get energy, then convert and put that energy into factories to build goods and such. Sometimes we overlook the crappy MMO's and just focus on ones like WoW and end up missing a lot of interesting features.

I plan on playing TOR when it's free to play though.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I grinded my ass off when Aion came out. I was the first 50 Cleric on my server. And once I hit 50, there was NOTHING to do. So many games are like that.

What these new MMOs need is a system like the AA system that EQ had. Hit max level? Okay, you can continue to gain exp and spend points on different abilities or ways to improve your current abilities.

I think TOR sort of has something like that. I think you can earn Legacy points and spend them on stuff now. Don't quote me on that because I haven't played around with the Legacy system yet, but I will as soon as I re-sub.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I grinded my ass off when Aion came out. I was the first 50 Cleric on my server. And once I hit 50, there was NOTHING to do. So many games are like that.

What these new MMOs need is a system like the AA system that EQ had. Hit max level? Okay, you can continue to gain exp and spend points on different abilities or ways to improve your current abilities.

I think TOR sort of has something like that. I think you can earn Legacy points and spend them on stuff now. Don't quote me on that because I haven't played around with the Legacy system yet, but I will as soon as I re-sub.
I might have to join you in re-subbing... Even if it is for a short while I am growing tired of what I have and I would be interested to see what they have changed.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I might have to join you in re-subbing... Even if it is for a short while I am growing tired of what I have and I would be interested to see what they have changed.
I'll probably do it tomorrow or tuesday. I'm still kinda sick and have a follow up with my doctor tomorrow. It will be sometime this week though, that's for sure.

It isn't that TOR is so omg awesome (even though I really do enjoy it as a game), it's that I have nothing else right now. And I'm bored.