Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little mock:

1) Corey Lemonier OLB Auburn
-As much as I like Carter, Robinson, and Worilds, the Steelers need a star pass rusher and those guys aren't it. Lemonier can flat out get after the quarterback.

2) Shawn Williams S Georgia
-Ryan Mundy sucks. Williams can hit and cover really well. Troy's replacement. I am high on Robert Golden and I think he will start soon.

3) Logan Ryan CB Rutgers*
-Certainly can go higher than this and is not certain to declare, but I like the kid. Smooth cover guy and a playmaker. Steelers need corners and I think he could join the rotation and compete for a job. Underrated IMO.

4) Marquess Wilson WR Washington St*
-I don't think he'll be here in the end, but he is pretty overrated. Isn't that fast and drops quite a bit of passes, but he's very talented. If we lose Wallace, he'll be a nice developmental piece.

5) Bruce Taylor LB Virginia Tech
-A thumper in the run game. Will compete with Sly and Spence for playing time.

6) Michael Dyer RB Arkansas Baptist*
-Insanely talented, but has a lot of character concerns. I think talent alone could get him drafted and hopefully he keeps his head on straight. Big potential.

7) Quinton Dahl DE Alabama
-A guy to groom for depth.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
A little mock:

1) Corey Lemonier OLB Auburn
-As much as I like Carter, Robinson, and Worilds, the Steelers need a star pass rusher and those guys aren't it. Lemonier can flat out get after the quarterback.

2) Shawn Williams S Georgia
-Ryan Mundy sucks. Williams can hit and cover really well. Troy's replacement. I am high on Robert Golden and I think he will start soon.

3) Logan Ryan CB Rutgers*
-Certainly can go higher than this and is not certain to declare, but I like the kid. Smooth cover guy and a playmaker. Steelers need corners and I think he could join the rotation and compete for a job. Underrated IMO.

4) Marquess Wilson WR Washington St*
-I don't think he'll be here in the end, but he is pretty overrated. Isn't that fast and drops quite a bit of passes, but he's very talented. If we lose Wallace, he'll be a nice developmental piece.

5) Bruce Taylor LB Virginia Tech
-A thumper in the run game. Will compete with Sly and Spence for playing time.

6) Michael Dyer RB Arkansas Baptist*
-Insanely talented, but has a lot of character concerns. I think talent alone could get him drafted and hopefully he keeps his head on straight. Big potential.

7) Quinton Dahl DE Alabama
-A guy to groom for depth.
I like it. It feels weird to not want an offensive lineman early on, but we've got enough pieces to try and work something out. We technically have legit starters at every position right now on the team, but DeCastro needs to get healthy, and hopefully Adams develops quickly.

I agree that safety needs to be addressed soon. Mundy is serviceable at best, good hitter but poor in coverage, and that's a bad combination for a complement to Troy, or a replacement for that matter.

I know we shouldn't take a RB in the first, but I like Michigan State's Le'Veon Bell.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it! Might be abit too boom or bust though, i think with an aging team like ours, we need some sure fire depth/potential.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would you guys think about sending a late-round pick to Detroit for Kevin Smith?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
What would you guys think about sending a late-round pick to Detroit for Kevin Smith?
I wouldn't mind, neither for Blount, who's also apparently not in future plans nor the Bucs.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have Mendenhall.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
I'd rather have Mendenhall.
Oh for sure, I meant as his handcuff. Redman and Dwyer are meh to me.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bell looked pretty weak against Ohio State yesterday. Stuffed him damn near every time he got handed the ball. Lets let them go through the Big Ten before we want to draft him that high.

I'd take the best defender available at this point. Need more young play makers on that side of the ball.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think if David Amerson keeps having a bad year he could drop... what about snagging him to play FS?
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

If Ammerson keeps dropping to the second and maybe the third, yes, I would love him at FS.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Ammerson keeps dropping to the second and maybe the third, yes, I would love him at FS.
Yeah if he dropped to the second I would be ecstatic, that's dream world though and early
1st round ... Xavier Rhodes
2nd round... David Ammerson
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Timmons is beasting, but the offense has been brutal, my god.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mendenhall's back :D

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worilds going to have a chance to ever get a starting position or has his injury situation made the Steelers think about another future replacement for Harrison?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

He's the type of guy who is always there, but never makes a play. It doesn't help that he's always hurt. I like the dude, but he cannot be counted on.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Liked the defense for most of the game but they again gave up on long drive for a touchdown to lose the lead late in the game. Absolutely hate this whole not being able to trust the defense late thing.

Ben didn't play his best game, brown had a brutal drop and Wallace certainly could have played better, but he got it done when he had to. That drive to take up the entire clock was absolutely perfect, especially the way our defense has given up leads.

As to Worilds, ill be surprised if he's ever an every week starter. Think we'll see them look for pass rushers in the draft. Definitely going to have to draft defense early an often, just need to add more talent to that side of the ball on every level.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 10-08-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, based on the way he played last week and the way his "replacements" have played in his absence, what do we do with Mendy next year?

Personally, I say we re-sign him because I think we'll end up being too far down the draft board to get Lattimore and he's the only RB I really like next year and I think Mendy will show over the rest of the season that he fits Haley's offense really well.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On another topic - The FAN radio station is going position by position to determine the Steelers all time list and today they're on the top 4 LB's. With Lambert and Ham automatically in, the last 2 spots are up for grabs between Harrison, Porter, Lloyd, Greene, Gildon, Kirkland and Farrior.

I'm going with Lloyd and Gildon but it's really tough for me to exclude Kirkland.

What say you?
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I'd add Lloyd. Last spot is tough, I'm leaning Kirkland at this point. Tough call between him Greene and Gildon. And after that Porter meant so much to this defense for awhile. Way too hard of a call.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post
So, based on the way he played last week and the way his "replacements" have played in his absence, what do we do with Mendy next year?

Personally, I say we re-sign him because I think we'll end up being too far down the draft board to get Lattimore and he's the only RB I really like next year and I think Mendy will show over the rest of the season that he fits Haley's offense really well.
I'd rather resign. Not only we will miss out on Lattimore, but we need those picks to get more top notch young defensive talent to make sure this group doesn't fall off.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I'd rather resign. Not only we will miss out on Lattimore, but we need those picks to get more top notch young defensive talent to make sure this group doesn't fall off.
Yeah, there's no way we let him go based on who we have already on the roster.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Defense. Defense. Defense. That's what this team needs in the draft.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Defense. Defense. Defense. That's what this team needs in the draft.
It probably won't happen, but in free agency as well.

Some noteworthy possible FAs this upcoming offseason:

DT Glenn Dorsey
OLB Connor Barwin
OLB Anthony Spencer
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
S Kenny Phillips
S Jairus Byrd
S LaRon Landry

Quick mock offseason:

Cut Harrison, Keisel, Clark, and Ike, don't resign Hampton.
- Harrison has come back from injury but isn't the same and I doubt he ever will be, plus he's well over 30 and is the most expensive player for us after Roethlisberger.
- Keisel's play has dropped off, and we have his replacement in Cameron Heyward. I say it's time to let the young guys play, and get cap room in the process.
- Clark is probably the one playing at the highest level right now, but he's dinged up a lot, old as well, and will be part of the old-player purge we began last offseason on defense.
- Ike is in a similar vein as Keisel, play has dropped off and there are young guys behind him waiting to play. Judging by how he has been playing as of late, Cortez Allen, Keenan Lewis and Curtis Brown shouldn't be too big a dropoff (if a dropoff at all) from Taylor, Lewis, and Allen.
- Hampton as well, old, coming off an ACL and just hasn't been productive recently. We have young guys in McLendon and Ta'Amu, hopefully they show something.

Resign Mike Wallace and Rashard Mendenhall - No explanation needed.

Sign S Kenny Philips - great safety, underrated. Can do a lot of things at a high level, and would be a perfect replacement for Clark.

Sign OLB Connor Barwin - not as good as Harrison in his prime, but he's probably the best 3-4 OLB available for an immediate impact. Won't be as expensive as Harrison was, and he plays the same spot (ROLB). Highly effective for Houston last year, off to a slow start this year (sacks wise).

Draft (assuming the season goes like this and we wind up in the middle of the first)

1. ILB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame - pairing him with Timmons would give us a dreamy ILB duo. Yes, we have Sylvester and Spence, but Sylvester hasn't shown absolutely anything outside of ST and Spence had that brutal knee injury, which could cost him a lot. He needs his speed and quickness to compensate for his size, so he needs to make a full recovery, hopefully he does.

2. S Robert Lester, Alabama - another good safety, since Troy is also nearing the end of his days as a Steeler, IMO, and Mundy and Allen suck.

3. CB Ricardo Allen, Purdue - we still need DB help and while undersized, he's a playmaker and can cover the quicker WRs.

4. QB Zac Dysert, Miami (OH) - we need a young QB to develop, and I like what I've seen from this guy. Same college as Roethlisberger.

5. TE Nick Kasa, Colorado - add another athletic pass-catcher. Big and fast, should be a good red-zone target at least.

6. RB Ronnie Wingo, Arkansas - big back with speed, the RBs we have suck, so might as well keep getting guys and see if we find someone good.

7. K Dustin Hopkins, Florida State - I don't really trust Sushi.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Rashad Johnson, DJ Moore, and Vic Butler are guys that I can see the Steelers go after. They will not go after big names in free agency.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:37 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Yes well have to settle for a big name draft pick with where we could end up picking.