Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 10-06-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
The touchdown he threw to Lee is the some of the most arm strength ive seen out of him in a long time.
To be honest i always thought he had a strong arm going all the way back to highschool.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
To be honest i always thought he had a strong arm going all the way back to highschool.
As do I, but he doesnt show it off enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The touchdown he threw to Lee is the some of the most arm strength ive seen out of him in a long time.
You mean the one that hung up in the air that Lee had to stop and wait for?

Not an attack at you, but I never see the same things other people see with USC QBs. Ever.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it hung for a second but like I said in my last post...he never seems to want to show it off. I feel like had he put that more on a line it would have been perfect. If you go back to his high school film it seemed like he made throws of that distance regularly and put them on a line most times. Idk they just seemed to come out with more zip.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'd think his arm would be stronger with all the masturbating he must do because he won't smash on all them fine USC girls.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
You'd think his arm would be stronger with all the masturbating he must do because he won't smash on all them fine USC girls.
He probably frowns upon whacking it as well...

...that would suck.

Quote:
Old 10-06-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, it hung for a second but like I said in my last post...he never seems to want to show it off. I feel like had he put that more on a line it would have been perfect. If you go back to his high school film it seemed like he made throws of that distance regularly and put them on a line most times. Idk they just seemed to come out with more zip.
I get what you're saying, because he very often doesn't follow all the way through with his throwing motion. Will cut it short and try to "place" the throw.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
StudentBodyLeft
Rookie

StudentBodyLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
You mean the one that hung up in the air that Lee had to stop and wait for?

Not an attack at you, but I never see the same things other people see with USC QBs. Ever.
Quit hating. It hung up in the air because it was thrown 50+ yards. Who in the NFL do you know can throw it 50+ yards on a line?

Anywho, if you measure the distance from throw to catch, it was 58 yards with a tight spiral all the way through. That's the same distance as this throw from Mike Vick to Desean Jackson in this video. Again, measure the yardage from throw to catch.

And yes, Lee did have to stop and wait for it, but it was thrown pretty far already. Anything more would be elite arm strength. The bottom line is this: Matt Barkley has above average arm strength for an NFL QB. He's at his best on short to intermediate routes, but does need to work on his deep ball.
StudentBodyLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Vick threw that ball from his own 3 yard line all the way to the SKins 35 yard line where Desean caught it. 62 yards in the air, a little more than 58.

If Barkley really does have a live arm, he becomes a franchise type prospect.
What I don't understand is as a prep all I heard about him was mainly about his arm strength. Being able to throw the football 58 yards classifies as a strong arm IMO. So why doesn't he display it more in an offense that's designed to exploit the talents of a QB with deep ball skills??

Or maybe that's just it, Barkley may not have great accuracy beyond 25-40 yards, like Rex Grossman.

Really I think being from USC will hurt Barkley's final evaluation by scouts more than his actual tools or game film.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkley is capable of making the deep throw with zip, and some of them look beautiful.

I remember a bomb to Marquise Lee against Oregon, about 50 yards in the air for around 1 second, leading to a 59 yard TD. But he opts to go to the flat or the shorter route more often (like Ponder circa 2012).

While his deep balls look beautiful and fairly quick, they're way off target if he puts zip on the deep ball. He's just not that accurate a deep thrower (that 3 for 15 completion rate from deep sounds fairly consistent from his prior years).
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The question isn't how far you can throw it, but how far you can throw a frozen rope.

Arm strength isn't measured in distance. It's measured in seconds. Seconds to complete a 25 yard out throw from the opposite hash, without stepping into it.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone so far had serious questions about Barkley's zip on intermediate passes?? I thought that was the best part of his game.
The negatives were mostly his ability to drive the ball downfield.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, this forum thinks everyone except Kellen Moore has a strong arm.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering the core he usually got in college, Barkley could work on a team with a good slot WR and a guy who can stretch the field. Buffalo might do nicely for a guy like Barkley.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:51 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The question isn't how far you can throw it, but how far you can throw a frozen rope.

Arm strength isn't measured in distance. It's measured in seconds. Seconds to complete a 25 yard out throw from the opposite hash, without stepping into it.
You realize that how far you can throw it is directly correlated to how fast you can throw it right? It's basic projectile motion physics stuff...
Old 10-07-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there is too much nit-picking with Barkley's game. I will agree i don't see enough of him to consider him an elite prospect. I got to watch USC Thursday night and I will say, he has the command of a Franchise QB. He's got an arm no weaker than Matt Ryan's and his arm is just strong enough.

I seem as a tweener between Ryan and Andy Dalton coming out, only difference is coming from a bigger school .
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are two levels of arm strength on the DC forums: Rocket arm and noodle arm. No QB can possibly be somewhere in between.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more concerned about his size and lack of athleticism than his arm strength. He can make the throws but he's too small. That lack of size will be a lot more of a problem in the pros (where everyone is big and fast) than it is in college.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's listed at 6'2 but I wouldn't be shocked if he measured up at around 6 feet. He doesn't look very tall to me.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
He's listed at 6'2 but I wouldn't be shocked if he measured up at around 6 feet. He doesn't look very tall to me.
measure in at 6'1" and 3/4 in spring practice.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just get him bigger spikes. Problem solved.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I mean, he would measure in at 6'2" in cleats so...its whatever.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can eyeball him and tell that he's not very tall or big just by comparing him to the other players. Usually if you are that small in the NFL you are a little more atlhletic that Barkley is if you're going to be successful.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
You can eyeball him and tell that he's not very tall or big just by comparing him to the other players. Usually if you are that small in the NFL you are a little more atlhletic that Barkley is if you're going to be successful.
Funny how he's considered small now but I remember trying to sack him in HS and used to think "**** this guy's thick, go down ************!"

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

well high school, nfl, two different things.