Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-07-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'll probably do it tomorrow or tuesday. I'm still kinda sick and have a follow up with my doctor tomorrow. It will be sometime this week though, that's for sure.

It isn't that TOR is so omg awesome (even though I really do enjoy it as a game), it's that I have nothing else right now. And I'm bored.
League ofLegends is waiting for you.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warz information quotes on strongholds

Quote:
What is STRONGHOLD ?
To put it simply it's just a fancy name for a custom tailored server rentals. Our goal is to separate "gameworld" server rentals - ie when you rent server with 50-200 slots and choose one of the maps ( okay for now we have only one map available - COLORADO ), and "small worlds" - something more intimate for you, your friends, clan, etc to make this mini world your own home base.

How I can rent Stronghold ?
When you click PLAY GAME, you'll see two buttons - MY SERVERS and MY STRONGHOLDS. On My Strongholds screen you'll see all available stronghold maps. There you'll be able to choose map, duration ( 1,3,6,12 months ) and number of slots ( 15,30,45 ). Pioneer and Legend packages comes with 1 and 6 months of hosting for 15 slots. Discount will be applied automatically first time you rent stronghold server.

What are those maps ?
They're much smaller maps - typically around 3-4 square kilometers in size with 1-2 "settlements" per map. Those "settlements" are planned to act as home base - for either single player or group of players. There're zombies spawned on outskirts of the map - so they're generally not a threat on those maps. But ! you can lure them into settlement.

Is there any loot on Stronghold maps ?
There're few loot spawn locations, but loot is slightly different from what you'll get on main gameworld maps - very basic food items plus some unique "building" materials "local" to this stronghold map. We want to encourage players that runs different stronghold maps to barter with other players, eschanging building "blocks" that can be used to modify your map.

What can I do on the Stronghold map
Short answer - whaterver you want. Lure other players into traps and kill then. Create a farm, farm food and sell it to other players. Create "safe heaven" for other players to just hang out. It's all basically restricted by your imagination.
I wonder if this is similar to some sort of attempt at raiding others bases and stuff...defeat them and get there stuff IDK.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
League ofLegends is waiting for you.
No thanks. MOBA games do not interest me in the least anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Warz information quotes on strongholds

I wonder if this is similar to some sort of attempt at raiding others bases and stuff...defeat them and get there stuff IDK.
That sounds promising. We could have a home base that I guess we can build up. That sounds pretty neat. Maybe I'll have to look into getting the $49.99 package since it'll give us months of free server time for just us.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No thanks. MOBA games do not interest me in the least anymore.

That sounds promising. We could have a home base that I guess we can build up. That sounds pretty neat. Maybe I'll have to look into getting the $49.99 package since it'll give us months of free server time for just us.
If we all end up playing we should have a Breaking Bad Clan where we are all named after the show buwahahahahahh!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dibs on Jesse.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dibs on Jesse.
Clan Motto : "I am the one who knocks"
Old 10-07-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

"We are the ones who knock!" as we're destroying someone elses base/village.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
"We are the ones who knock!" as we're destroying someone elses base/village.
They wont know who they are talking to.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dibs on Walt... Or Mike. I am fine with either.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Dibs on Walt... Or Mike. I am fine with either.
Those were the two I was gunna claim...so you get one and I get the other. We will settle this like gentlemen...at noon!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Those were the two I was gunna claim...so you get one and I get the other. We will settle this like gentlemen...at noon!
In the playground... by the flag pole.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
In the playground... by the flag pole.
I feel bad for the person that has to be Spooge.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to be Hector

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dibs on Skinny Pete.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

One thing I haven't seen any clear indication of is whether or not you are actually buying Warz or just buying early access. I may just be a little skeptical but no where do I see that you are actually purchasing the game. No where does it say you are getting early access. Are they charging for just early access to the game?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I doubt it but I'll look into it.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You receive the game and all updates. Like Minecraft.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I grinded my ass off when Aion came out. I was the first 50 Cleric on my server. And once I hit 50, there was NOTHING to do. So many games are like that.

What these new MMOs need is a system like the AA system that EQ had. Hit max level? Okay, you can continue to gain exp and spend points on different abilities or ways to improve your current abilities.

I think TOR sort of has something like that. I think you can earn Legacy points and spend them on stuff now. Don't quote me on that because I haven't played around with the Legacy system yet, but I will as soon as I re-sub.
The Legacy system rewards are mostly just convenient benefits, field repair droid, GTN and everything in your ship, etc. I wish it was more like the EQ'S AA, character/class bonuses and abilities.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
You receive the game and all updates. Like Minecraft.
Do you have a validating link?
Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you have a validating link?
I've been receiving emails from them about the beta. They call it an early purchase which gets you either early access, super early access, or a third legendary package. I don't understand where the confusion is coming from. You buy the game now, and play it while it's still in Beta stage and keep playing it once the Beta is over.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I've been receiving emails from them about the beta. They call it an early purchase which gets you either early access, super early access, or a third legendary package. I don't understand where the confusion is coming from. You buy the game now, and play it while it's still in Beta stage and keep playing it once the Beta is over.
The reason why I had any doubts was due to the fact it is not stated anywhere on their website or forums. Nowhere that I could find did it say that you are also purchasing the game. Information on WarZ is greatly lacking.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Well based on the email I received it makes it fairly clear that it is an in game purchase. It's not like it's common practice for a developer to give people access to the beta only for a fee.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and Vidae, if you do get extra beta keys I'd love to use one if you're willing to spare one! Assuming you play it and think its a solid game.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

I'll probably buy it knowing my love for zombie stuff which will result in spare keys.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I found out that the "guest pass" is only for two days. Which is really lame.