Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 10-04-2012, 04:28 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 5 -- Miami Dolphins @ Cincinnati Bengals

Finally, a pretty solid performance from the D in all facets last week, need to continue that again this week if we expect to win. They've got a pretty good OL so rushing the passer with the front four might be tough, but I like our chances across the board especially if we can bring some good blitzes. Seems like this game could expose our Secondary to a certain extent, especially if Hall doesn't play. To counteract this we need to be able to corral Bush like we did MJD a week ago, a tall order considering the Dolphins OL is vastly superior to the one the Jags rolled out there.

Offensively we MUST establish the run game this week. I don't really get tied up in numbers all that much but we need to be much more effective in that area this week. We've been getting away with it for the most part thus far but it could certainly come back to bite us this week. IDC if we get a 100 yards or rush for 4.0 ypc, especially against this D, but we need to be able to keep them honest by proving our ability to run it. I know this OL has it in em, just need to put it all together for once. Ball security certainly needs to be improved as well. I have no doubt our pass game will be effective but we need to have some semblance of balance in order to win.

This seems like it could be a trap game for us but this is the type of game we need to win if we expect to be there in contention at the end of the year. The schedule will soon become much more difficult, so games like these become all the more important. Here's to another victory and Who Dey!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team did such a good job last year against the "trap" games, and I think that will continue this year. That being said, I hope I didn't just jinx us lol.

I'm mostly concerned with the running game, like you. I'm okay with being a team that's willing to throw the ball around a lot, but I would like to see our running game be effective when we do use it.

The defense isn't a huge worry for me. With Crocker back, we don't need to rely on Mays or Miles as much, and that's enough comfort to get me through the Miami game. We definitely need to fix this secondary before week 7 though, and there isn't a lot of time left to tinker with it - so hopefully Zimmer figures it out this week.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bernard Scott is probable, he needs to start contributing towards this rushing improvement we desire. Hopefully the revamped line learning curve is through, thinking about it though we haven't done that bad with these 3 new faces. For sure, Wharton would of been more of a force in the running game. Regarding BenJarvis, I am giving him the benefit of doubt that his lack of production is because of our OL, not him. Benson seemed to attack the home faster from my viewpoint.

As you guys note, we're not asking for a lot, just want some production on the ground in order to make this offense continue to click.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the OL in general is blocking all that bad(at least this past week) with the exception of Faine. I watched nearly every play of that Jags game in slow motion, paying particular attention to our fronts on both sides of the ball, and it seems like he's the one getting beat/missing assignments on the most consistent basis. I actually agree with Marvin for once, he made a comment earlier this week that it seems they are one guy away on a lot of these run plays up the middle. It's encouraging in the sense that were not getting killed off the ball, especially with that interior that is revamped as you mentioned. I think Boling and Zeitler are generally playing good football in this regard, sure they have their mistakes sometimes as one would expect from such green players, but they are more than holding their own IMO.

Evaluating the trenches is something I tend to pride myself on as I played there for many years, and I like what we've got going forward. I think if Kevin Cook is in there instead of Faine we would have a much more consistent running game at this point. Now, I do think Faine is filling in admirably given the situation, but he is far from ideal. I kind of actually like that Wharton went down(feel bad for the guy but still) as Boling is getting a lot of experience right now. I think he can be our LG of the future if he continues to grow and continues to work on his strength in his lower half, though he has improved on that immensely.

The pass pro on the other hand has been VERY good. Aside from one of the first plays of the game where Andre got pushed back a bit right into Andy, he has been playing his nuts off. Usually this aspect is something OLs, in particular young ones, tend to struggle with but I think we've handled it very well with a replacement at center.
/long winded rant. lol

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 10-06-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far Defense is looking good, but the offense is just coming out stale. There is no explosion to the offense at all...as soon as we got some run with Scott, he goes out with an injury. Dalton doesnt even seem to be looking at Green. He is trying to hit Hawkins when he is horribly mismatched and it just isnt working.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
So far Defense is looking good, but the offense is just coming out stale. There is no explosion to the offense at all...as soon as we got some run with Scott, he goes out with an injury. Dalton doesnt even seem to be looking at Green. He is trying to hit Hawkins when he is horribly mismatched and it just isnt working.
Now we are just playing bad all around... =(
Old 10-07-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals entire offense **** the brick today. Everybody played bad on offense. OL got pushed around, could not run the ball at all, Dalton sailed a lot passes and WRs could not hold on to or catch the ball.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad game for us, at least the Reds won though :P

I hope we get our **** together soon :(
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

I could barely watch the game. I kept turning it off and back on because it was just some bad football.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:04 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Give Dolphins defense credit, that's a tough unit. If we cant run the ball then opposing defenses will crack this code and it will only get tougher for our offense. Sorry to see Bernard go down, he provided a brief highlight for our game. Daulton was off, receivers dropping and fumbling balls, then some questionable coaching calls doomed us. We should of won this game. Need to stomp Clev.

Our defense played well. maualuga will drive me crazy by the end of the season.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

We just make fun of Mauluga on like every play now, cheering when he comes out.

Dolphins D(especially the front) was very impressive to me. We couldn't get the run game going to save our lives. We need to get that up and running real soon or it could be a long year. Dalton had his first real subpar performance of the year and he seemed out of sync with some of the other WRs. That last throw was very forced and didn't need to be made so quick. They got to him a few times(don't remember the number) but I thought they did OK in protecting him with guys like Wake running around.

Sucks to hear about Bernard. I've really been a supporter of his since we drafted him and I hope he comes back healthy next year. He can be a really nice change of pace back IMO.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 10-08-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
We just make fun of Mauluga on like every play now, cheering when he comes out.

Dolphins D(especially the front) was very impressive to me. We couldn't get the run game going to save our lives. We need to get that up and running real soon or it could be a long year. Dalton had his first real subpar performance of the year and he seemed out of sync with some of the other WRs. That last throw was very forced and didn't need to be made so quick. They got to him a few times(don't remember the number) but I thought they did OK in protecting him with guys like Wake running around.

Sucks to hear about Bernard. I've really been a supporter of his since we drafted him and I hope he comes back healthy next year. He can be a really nice change of pace back IMO.
Honestly I havnt been impressed with the Bengals Run game all season.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Aside from Week 1 you're right. It was a shame we didn't really have time to run it in that game but we were very efficient when they did. Andre n Zeit did a hell of a job on Ngata that game.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165