Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-07-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Herz has to better than Chase. I don't blame Chase though. It's Fewell. Hopefully everyone is back next week. Phillips and Canty hopefully the week after. This team is good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need Nicks for the niners. We just do

I'd really enjoy Hosley to play as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiwi is invisible. Throw Williams and hopefully Rivers out there next week.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-07-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DAVID WILSON!

The future.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if you noticed but on the David Wilson TD run Cleveland paid extra attention to setting the edges. I like that teams need to respect his speed, it definitely helped open the middle of the field.

Secondly I agree with the overall consensus that we need some changes at linebacker, and one that we've mentioned before that Kiwi can't play LB. I don't understand why moving tuck inside and Kiwi down to DE isn't even experimented with. We are very thin at DT and Tuck isn't generating anything on the outside. Not saying that Kiwi could either, but both are hurting us at their current positions.

I hope no one expects Stevie Brown to play significant time after this game, he was in the right place twice, but that long TD to Gordon was his fault (from what it looks like). He was completely oblivious to the post route coming into what appeared to be his half. Chase having to cover him even underneath is just dumb and Fewell completely relying on the rush is what is also killing us.

Webster isn't playing well at all, his hand injury looks like it is really bothering him. Prince needs to be smart, he can't backpedal while being blocked, he either needs to submarine blockers to set an edge or try to fight through them.

Hakeem Nicks, Keith Rivers needs to get back on the damn field, as does Phillips. Those three and of course others, but those three are so incredibly important to us. Nicks doesn't really need any explanation, he's our best player besides Eli and JPP. Phillips is phillips, we know he's good but I am not as frustrated because I don't want to lose him, make sure he's healthy before bringing him back.

Rivers really should be our MLB with Boley and Jacquain as our OLB's. All three are fast, can cover, and are pretty good blitzers. We don't have anyone that holds their own versus blockers, so why try to embrace that kind of style? Go with this set and you have a lot more freedom to blitz and be able to compensate behind the blitz with coverage.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some good points, Ballin.

I'm curious, I never remember seeing Prince give up a catch. I don't pay a lot of attention to the DB's while the game is going on, did anyone else notice this? Granted, it wasn't against great competition but it seems like Prince has been playing shut down since he's started. I know he's not great against the run but I'm not overly concerned about that if he's shutting his man down.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from what I remember, Prince was awesome in coverage (not like he was going against anyone good, but still) but got smoked in run support. If he's shutting down WR's though, I'll take it
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Stevie Brown admitted that TD was his fault and not Rolle or Chase.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-08-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
from what I remember, Prince was awesome in coverage (not like he was going against anyone good, but still) but got smoked in run support. If he's shutting down WR's though, I'll take it
I'm okay with that. It's not ideal but Primetime could never tackle to save his life. I look at run stopping as an added bonus if a CB can do it. It's not as essential anymore in a passing league either.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's got the ability to be very good at run support though. He's physical. He's got some thickness to him.

I'm very pleased with his coverage ability so far though. Just please stay healthy.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

As long as he's playing good coverage I won't worry. He can get better in the run game. Having Rivers back shall help also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-08-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i just really wanna beat the piss out of the niners and get this team jump started on a roll. lay a smack down, then be getting healthy with canty and hopefully KP and Nicks (although I want nicks for this week)
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Rivers and Bennett, Jerry Reese is awesome. Both these guys looked terrible with their previous teams, and they come here and already perform like they're integral parts of our team.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest, I don't go into any games hoping to get anything from Rivers. He's great when he's healthy, but the guy is just too injury prone.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah he's only played in what 1 game so far? He looks good but he's never in and that was also his problem in Cincy. Hopefully after his hammy heals up he'll be good to go the rest of the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-08-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Nicks had on MRI on his knee. I hope it's not worse than they're letting on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-08-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

So Sash is officially on the active roster, and unsuspectedly Will Hill was suspended for 4 games because of performance enhancing drugs

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

“I received a doctor’s prescription for Adderall prior to signing with the Giants,” Hill said. “Shortly after signing with the team, I was in a meeting with (director of player development) Charles Way, who reviewed the list of the league’s banned substances. I knew at that point that this may be an issue. I was tested and the results came back that Adderall was in my system. I appealed but lost the appeal. I accept full responsibility for this situation, and it won’t happen again. The Giants have given me a great opportunity when nobody else would, and I don’t take that for granted. I feel badly this has happened. I will work hard and stay in great shape these next four weeks so I can come back and contribute to this team after my suspension.”

Edit:

whats with everyone and adderall?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know what's up with Martellus? His knee injury looked bad, but he did come back and finish the game.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Anyone know what's up with Martellus? His knee injury looked bad, but he did come back and finish the game.
Worth keeping on eye on with our training staff. Nicks came back and finished the Tampa game and we haven't seen him since.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
“I received a doctor’s prescription for Adderall prior to signing with the Giants,” Hill said. “Shortly after signing with the team, I was in a meeting with (director of player development) Charles Way, who reviewed the list of the league’s banned substances. I knew at that point that this may be an issue. I was tested and the results came back that Adderall was in my system. I appealed but lost the appeal. I accept full responsibility for this situation, and it won’t happen again. The Giants have given me a great opportunity when nobody else would, and I don’t take that for granted. I feel badly this has happened. I will work hard and stay in great shape these next four weeks so I can come back and contribute to this team after my suspension.”

Edit:

whats with everyone and adderall?
It makes you a better person? Better question would be what's with the league and adderall?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
It makes you a better person? Better question would be what's with the league and adderall?
Very weird. I wonder if some players can fight and get that changed in the offseason. This is a big reach, but I guess the NFL can say it is performance enhancing in the film room?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That's the Grand Canyon of reaches.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-08-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Very weird. I wonder if some players can fight and get that changed in the offseason. This is a big reach, but I guess the NFL can say it is performance enhancing in the film room?
There have to be some players out there that really need the stuff just to function, I can't see how the league denies them it. And that allowance should pave the way for all of the other guys who just use it cause it makes them better.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

They do allow certain players to use it like Andre Brown. If you don't follow the NFL protocol they get pissy though. The NFL is a joke though with this stuff.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 10-08-2012 at 03:52 PM.