Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Pitt to the SB???

I think Baltimore has better chances than Pitt.
Well yeah, it was a preseason pick. I just don't buy Houston as the juggernaut a lot of people thought they were. I think Pittsburgh would beat them in a playoff game.

Right now I'd probably take New England, just because the AFC sucks and they're probably gonna coast to a first round bye.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
so im guessing consensus opinion on Sanchez on this board will be: "not bad enough to get benched but still sucks."
That's the worst kind of awful.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Johnson looks kind of washed up to me. I know he had the big game against Miami but besides that he doesn't look like the same player at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Andre Johnson looks kind of washed up to me. I know he had the big game against Miami but besides that he doesn't look like the same player at all.
Agreed. Sad he was wasted for so long but he's not the AJ of old.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's had a groin injury but i agree he isn't where he was a couple of years ago.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
except, of course, when they ask him to play the deep third.

i'm sorry, i'll stop now.
I haven't watched the play, but since it was Daniels.....was he covering the seam? Because if so, it sounds like he was trying to cover for a safety's mistake.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed before my fantasy drafts that he was 31, which kind of surprised me.....seems like that happened really fast. Along with all the probable wear and tear, I made sure to avoid him. After watching him today, I'm very happy with that decision. He looked like Dane Sanzenbacher trying to beat Cro's jam.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i have no idea. i'm just taking out years of frustration with people calling out champ for coverages other people blew on cromartie. i haven't really looked at the play at all.
Ah. I remember arguing with a Cowboys fan about Champ Bailey vs. Terence Newman a few years ago and TDs against being the guy's main argument, so I know what you mean.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Good
- The secondary was great today. Cromartie was amazing, Kyle Wilson AND Eric Smith two guys I have given **** on for a while both played great. We did leave guys open inexplicably which falls on our 2 **** pass coverage safeties but the secondary was alright for the most part.
- Sanchez was alright. People who think Sanchez was to blame for the loss like the idiots on Jets post game for SNY need to turn their football cards in. 1st Int was a tipped pass and as a result an INT......2nd one was on Cumberland for not getting the ball. He played a alright game, not a great one...but given the pressure he was feeling, a lame running attack yet again and unfamiliar targets on offense.....he did well enough to keep us in the game, if not win it.
- Joe McKnight balled on the kickoff for TD. Knew he'd do it, Graham has a **** leg on kickoffs.

The Bad
- Hate the onside kick call but it came close to working and its either a good move or bad move if it works. I hated it after a McKnight kick return TD personally since you give your awful D less field to protect
- Tebow was hit and miss. Not terrible but times I would rather not see him personally. Indifferent all around but he did serve his purpose for today.

The Ugly
- Run defense is god awful once again......we have absolutely nothing here. Even if Pouha played this would not have mattered. I know Foster is a sick tailback but regardless this is a joke how we keep letting backs go for 150+ on the ground
- Did not get a single sack.....absolutely sickening. We drafted Coples to do something worth a damn as a guy to apply pressure and he did absolute jack **** in the game. Wilkerson came close but he was nonexistant. Devito is becoming a problem as a starter and Pace/Thomas are worthless if they cannot get to the passer. Aaron Maybin is an invisible ghost.
- Burning the timeouts stunk but the problem this coaching staff had was these stupid playcalls. I swear I saw something that Schotty would have done with the random McKnight wildcat call
- Shonn Greene ******* sucks and both he and Powell and absolutely useless as pass catching backs. I want to see Grimes play.....we need something out of this position. Greene had two good runs the entire game and while I get we ran against another great Rush D, it comes a point and time where you need to try something else at the spot. Saw at least two times a good RB makes a cut on the outside for more yards though I will be fair here and say the O-Line did not do much as far as getting a push goes.
- Offensive Line got dominated by a hell of a pass rush. Moore got his **** ate by Watt, Brooks Reed bursted through Smith and Howard and Slauson was even getting tooled there.
- We refuse to give Sanchez weapons and whoever thought it was a good idea to have THREE active WRs(One we signed 5 days ago in Hill who sucked) to play with Gates then leaving, leaving us with two should be reprehended. Cromartie as a WR even if Sanchez hits that is just a head ponderer. Braylon should have been brought back, simple as that.

We played arguably the toughest team in the league and lost by 6....can't get mad at the team. Now we need to play like this vs the Colts cause if we do, we can win. This was a solid effort all around and I know if we had been more healthy, we could have won this game.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
There are many, many, many other reasons to be uncomfortable with that pick.
Like the Steelers suck major ass?
Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez wasn't an atrocity but he still sucked.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which is a hell of a rut to be in.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrell Owens ‏@terrellowens
Hey JETS!!! I'm available! I'm ready, willing & able! Call my agent @jordanwoy & let's make it happen.

I am absolutely scared....somewhere I really think we might sign this clown.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Terrell Owens ‏@terrellowens
Hey JETS!!! I'm available! I'm ready, willing & able! Call my agent @jordanwoy & let's make it happen.

I am absolutely scared....somewhere I really think we might sign this clown.
Sign him and put Tebow in. Win.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
I feel like he played better than ESPN was giving him credit for. That throw to Cromartie down the sidelines was perfect. Cromartie just isn't a WR and has no clue how to keep his feet in bounds. If that ball had been placed anymore in the field of play, the DB (the one playing DB) would have broken it up easy.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I'm still more than comfortable with my Steelers Super Bowl pick after watching the Texans. I don't trust Schaub at all.
I went to Vegas in the summer and thought about putting $100 on the Texans to win the Super Bowl at 15:1 odds. I figured I could wait until closer in the year and bet online but by that time the odds dropped to like 8:1.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Trindon Holiday is still around??
He has been awful all 5 weeks of the season but dominated in the couple of preseason games to give him a job.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Reggie Wayne.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm slightly stunned the Jets haven't made a play for Chad Johnson yet.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

It is rumored that Cushing has a torn ACL. :(
Old 10-09-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
He'll just 'roid up and go out there more.

edit: Or he'll get some of the Giants "Adderall" injections and take them.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
That is the case.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
That is the case.
**** Slauson.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
That is the case.
Clay Matthews is on a roll trying to annoy the NFL. He posted the commish's number and now says that the NFL only cares about protecting the offensive players' safety and couldn't care less about the defensive players taking illegal hits.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:02 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one take away from this game that I'm happy about is that now everyone sees that us jets fans weren't just exaggerating on how bad our offensive weapons are.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote