Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Matt Slauson. He is like Rex, always has something to say. That was BS on Cushing if you're going to try and make a run at someone at least try to hit him clean, that was an asshole move going low like that.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I hate Matt Slauson. He is like Rex, always has something to say. That was BS on Cushing if you're going to try and make a run at someone at least try to hit him clean, that was an asshole move going low like that.
That type of play probably happens quite often on any given weekend and it's usually done by hack players trying to keep up.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would feel bad if it wasn't Brian Cushing. Brian Cushing is a dirt bag. So karma got him.

Maybe he can roid out his knee and come back early.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So bummed about Cushing. Our run D was already questionable at best, this is going to REALLY hurt. And it just makes it 10x worse that it happened on a cheap play like that. Ugh.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm assuming that "completely legal" and "terribly dirty" can be one-in-the-same?
Old 10-09-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

Matt Slauson should be suspended for multiple games for this gutless move. Wasn't even a part of the play and he hit him from behind.
There was no intent to cost the guy his season but yeah I agree it was a silly and stupid move on his end. It was like when Pouncey tried to aim and cut Revis knees down but Revis ended up hurting himself before Pouncey could connect so it wasn't made a big deal.

But please dont' punish Jets fans by suspending him....I don't wanna see Vlad Ducasse in the game, let alone starting. We're suffering enough with injuries :(

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 10-09-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Slauson's a good dude. He just went after Namath and his pessimism like any player on a team would....I'd expect Slauson to get offended by that rather than just shrug it off and say he's right.

Slauson has no track record of doing this. Injuries just happen and they suck....take it from a Jets fan. JJ Watt cost our backup G/C Rob Turner his season by rolling over his leg when he was engaged last year in the preseason....doesn't make Watt a dirty player.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Slauson's a good dude. He just went after Namath and his pessimism like any player on a team would....I'd expect Slauson to get offended by that rather than just shrug it off and say he's right.

Slauson has no track record of doing this. Injuries just happen and they suck....take it from a Jets fan. JJ Watt cost our backup G/C Rob Turner his season by rolling over his leg when he was engaged last year in the preseason....doesn't make Watt a dirty player.
So explain to me how a defensive lineman rolls over a guard who is engaged with another defender and how that is remotely pertinent to what happened last night.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think it was payback for the play before. The Texans scored a TD on a cutblock run play where the entire Texans OL basicaly went down towards the entire Jets defenses' knees.

It was "clean" in the sense that it was a legal move, but it's still pretty cheap. Especially the block on David Harris.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit of Slauson's play was a retaliation play that went too far in the heat of the moment.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care who it is, who did it. I hate cheap shots to the knees. The ACLs have to be protected.
Not just the QBs either.

They go out on their own enough.
The NFL needs to heavily legislate these kinds of shots period.

I thought Louis Delmas was the worst because I've seen him do it repeatedly. With intent.

This one was puszyschit.
I hope this player is fined severely. And I too do not like Cushing.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that those type of plays need to be suspendable offenses. Going for someone's knees from behind is about as cheap as you can get. If that was a defensive player doing that to an offensive player, he would be suspended.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
I think that those type of plays need to be suspendable offenses. Going for someone's knees from behind is about as cheap as you can get. If that was a defensive player doing that to an offensive player, he would be suspended.
Still "legal" by definition.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
There was no intent to cost the guy his season but yeah I agree it was a silly and stupid move on his end. It was like when Pouncey tried to aim and cut Revis knees down but Revis ended up hurting himself before Pouncey could connect so it wasn't made a big deal.
Revis and Pouncey were one-on-one in the open field. Pouncey made an attempt at a cut block (while standing face-to-face with one another). Revis SEEN this block coming and took evasive action. Revis' attempt at avoiding the cut block caused his injury. Not the cut block itself.

Slauson got beat when he missed a block on Cushing, then came from behind and took Cushing's legs out, FROM BEHIND, while Cushing was completely defenseless. Revis' situation was totally different. By totally different I mean completely legal and completely clean. If Slauson hit Cushing high, around the shoulders, then I would have no problem with the hit. Mainly because Cushing wouldn't have gotten injured or missed a down of football. A blindside hit is a blindside hit. But when you go for the knee of someone when they aren't looking? Come on. That is, as someone said, gutless.

This is partly why I hate the NFL rules and the enforcement of them. They are strictly protective of star players who score points, accumulate yards. QBs and WRs. They are so blatantly inconsistent with the rules.

Cushing, in that play, fits the definition of a defenseless player to the letter "T". If Slauson put the crown of his helmet in Cushing' earhole, there would not have been a flag, no fine or any mention of this play (during the game or after it). But it would fit the NFLs criteria for a penalty, fine and/or suspension of Slauson. But because Slauson went low and took out Cushing's unimportant ligaments in his knee... that's okay too. But it's only because Cushing is a LB. The referees aren't trained to look for LBs to be in defenseless situations, or call penalties on it when they are. And the NFL simply doesn't give a **** about it to begin with. Defensive players getting cheap shots? Who cares.

Will there be a fine on Slauson? I'd be surprised, but if there's enough uproar over it... then they might do something. That's usually how the league works. I don't think Cushing is a big enough star for the league to simply take a closer examination without any outside influences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 10-10-2012 at 01:17 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Still "legal" by definition.
The patented Hines Ward crackback ***** move was legal until this past year, when the league finally realized how ******* dirty and cheap it was. I expect there to be some major uproar this offseason from defensive players about their safety.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The patented Hines Ward crackback ***** move was legal until this past year, when the league finally realized how ******* dirty and cheap it was. I expect there to be some major uproar this offseason from defensive players about their safety.
I don't disagree, I just find it strange...

People seem more sensitive to how players are blocked than how they are tackled.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ld-be-serious/

Panthers C Ryan Kalil done for the year with a Listfranc injury.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I don't disagree, I just find it strange...

People seem more sensitive to how players are blocked than how they are tackled.
First off, the last five years have been dedicated to protecting the guys getting tackled, so there's that.

Secondly, the guy getting tackled is directly involved with the play. He is the one that is supposed to be stopped to prevent further advancement of the ball. These guys getting hurt while being blocked are not even close to the ball and have no chance of having an impact on the play. That's why they're bush league plays. As of now they technically aren't illegal, but it's crap that they're getting away with hitting guys from their blindside and injuring them. It serves no purpose other than to be an asshole.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-knee-injury/

Mark Anderson to miss "significant" time with knee injury.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills DE's not working out so far. I know you can't plan for injuries but I'm still surprised they went after Anderson like they did. Williams was a huge contract but somebody was going to pay him, I thought people would be wary of Anderson's limitations and haileys comet-esque career production.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Return to high motor! Chris Kelsay is going to turn this defense around.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ld-be-serious/

Panthers C Ryan Kalil done for the year with a Listfranc injury.
They weren't exactly loaded up front as it is. This team is headed for a disastrous season.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
They weren't exactly loaded up front as it is. This team is headed for a disastrous season.
It's going to piss some people off to think this, but could Cam Newton end up being Vince Young 2.0?

He has been abysmal this season so far.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Will Kalil be back for the Super Bowl?

It's not even funny anymore...but kind of. Super Bowl predictions tend to not work out.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It's going to piss some people off to think this, but could Cam Newton end up being Vince Young 2.0?

He has been abysmal this season so far.
I don't think it's too far out there to come to that conclusion. Newton's work ethic from all accounts is pretty strong so you think he could be able to come back from this, however this is the problem with QBs who have success with an unconventional offense. At some point other teams are going to catch up with it. Now we get to see if Cam can adapt his game and develop

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Could be a blessing in disguise for them. Higher draft pick to help Cam out.