Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 09-28-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Despite some of the shaky video footage, this has some decent production quality for hyping the game at the Jets. Watch the trailer: http://bit.ly/NVjHoU

#BeatTheJets
From 0:25-0:35 you get to see a glimpse of what the team might look like if they ever wore the 1962-era silver throwbacks. I like it.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Where is the gameday thread?
Looooooooong week. My wife's been out of town and I've had to be Mr. Mom with my kids. Hope to have it done late tonight.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:17 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 4 Gameday Thread.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what happen to the 3-0 start ? Dam Vikings.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:01 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

New Gameday Thread is ready

Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In Sunday’s 45-3 win over the Bills, the 49ers collected 311 rushing yards, the fourth-most in franchise history and the highest total in the NFL since Oct. 24, 2010. The performance came on the heels of a 245-yard effort against the Jets, meaning San Francisco has rushed for more yards in their past two games (556) than 18 teams have collected this season.

The 49ers lead the NFL in rushing (195.8 yards per game) and their 6.1 yards per carry is the second-highest average after five games since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970, according to Grantland.com.

In the 49ers’ run game, Gore (432 yards) remains the headliner, but he’s no longer a solo act as elusive understudy Kendall Hunter (201 yards) is matching his average of 5.4-yards per carry. Gore and Hunter are the only NFC running backs averaging more than 5.2 yards an attempt among those with 20 carries.
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/10...ame-leads-nfl/
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant Cohn had a interesting observation in his blog today that isn't popular yet but one I totally agree with. Cully is our best CB. Talent wise, he's better than any of the other guys. Great combination of size, speed, athleticism, ball skills, and is a underrated tackler. And he's our best press coverage CB. Now I feel Rogers is the most important CB on the team. He's like a chess-piece we move inside and outside depending on the defense we're running. We ask a lot from him and he usually delivers. But Cully has been the most impressive and most consistent thus far this year and the stats help back up that claim.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

New Gameday Thread is done.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Grant Cohn had a interesting observation in his blog today that isn't popular yet but one I totally agree with. Cully is our best CB. Talent wise, he's better than any of the other guys. Great combination of size, speed, athleticism, ball skills, and is a underrated tackler. And he's our best press coverage CB. Now I feel Rogers is the most important CB on the team. He's like a chess-piece we move inside and outside depending on the defense we're running. We ask a lot from him and he usually delivers. But Cully has been the most impressive and most consistent thus far this year and the stats help back up that claim.
I guess we all have differing opinions. I think Cully "will" be #1, here's how I currently rank the CBs...

1. Tarell Brown
2. Chris Culliver
3. Carlos Rogers
Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting. I never voiced my opinion on Culliver really, but I do think he'll eventually be a #1 cornerback for us. We'll see how things play out. He's played ridiculously well thus far. I wonder if he'll see any time against Cruz Sunday.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Culliver should cover Cruz, Brown should cover Nicks (if he plays) and Rogers should cover Barden in my opinion. Thoughts?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I guess we all have differing opinions. I think Cully "will" be #1, here's how I currently rank the CBs...

1. Tarell Brown
2. Chris Culliver
3. Carlos Rogers
I can't see Brown anything more than 3rd because he only plays one side of field, can't play the slot and because he's not as stout in press coverage as the other CBs. If you notice, 90% of the time Brown is in off man. He's giving up huge cushions because Fangio and Donatell figured out that Brown is better suited to keep guys in front of him and let him break on the ball on shorter routes, while the cushion let's him read the route and use the sideline as a extra defender on the deeper routes. If you remember before we had Fangio, Nolan and Manusky had Brown as a nickelback and he sucked. But Donatell put him on one side of the field, made him play off and he excelled. Now he does a outstanding job in his role, but Cully can play the slot and has lined up for a few snaps on the right side. And he's been the most impressive this year. When I see the Cully, one-on-one in press coverage, I assume he's going to make a play. And he has...from the last defensive play against the Packers to last Sunday with his int. Rogers is the only other CB I know will routinely make plays when locked up, one-on-one. When other guys are in man coverage, I'm hoping they get their head around to make a play on the ball.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-10-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Regardless, it's beautiful that our DBs don't get beat all the time like the last decade plus.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Regardless, it's beautiful that our DBs don't get beat all the time like the last decade plus.
Ahmed Plummer gave up 3 receptions and a TD during the time it took you to post that.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Ahmed Plummer gave up 3 receptions and a TD during the time it took you to post that.
Does Mark Roman get any credit? I could go on for days.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And somewhere, Mike Rumph is playing FS and CB, all in the same snap...
Old 10-10-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Culliver should cover Cruz, Brown should cover Nicks (if he plays) and Rogers should cover Barden in my opinion. Thoughts?
Its not that simple. All the guys have a role. Cully plays primarily on the outside, left-side. Brown plays exclusively on the right-side, outside. Rogers mans the slot and if they go four wide, Cox is the other slot CB. We have a system and it works....until it doesn't. Our defense is based on a philosophy. We try to take away EVERYTHING. We don't key in on one player or one element of a offense. It's one of the reasons we lost to the Vikes because Fangio refused to account for Harvin even though he was the only weapon they had and he was gashing us, 3rd down after 3rd down. We account for every player on the field and expect our guys to hold the line in the scheme and give up nothing over the top. Thats what we do. Fangio and Jimbaugh believes it makes it easier to go from week to week, facing different opponents if your stick with a single philosophy instead of game-planning every week for different players and offenses. It creates less room for missed assignments and mental lapses and lets guys play faster. I'm sure we watch film and look for tendencies and tweak the scheme a little, but if you look closely, we pretty much play everyone the same way. Even when we faced a offensive weapon like Megatron, we didn't do anything really different against him. We just made sure we bracketed him and kept a safety over the top. Thats something we do a few times during a game anyway. But it isn't normal for us to prioritize matching-up with personnel all over the field like your implying.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-11-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Rumph

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

In other news, Jacobs says he's "frustrated" he hasn't play a snap this season. Says he's been healthy for two weeks and doesn't understand why he hasn't dressed on gamedays.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-...3207--nfl.html
Old 10-11-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe because he is our third best running back? Honestly I never really understood that signing, though I have always been a bigger Dixon fan than most
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I have to admit, Jacobs looked impressive during pre-season. And our short-yardage game has still been struggling. But it really comes down to STs. Jacobs doesn't play it and with with the injury to Ice, and having to activate Ian Williams, we couldn't afford to sit Dixon because he's a core STs guy. Plus Dixon is the back-up FB so there's that also.

But I really want to see what Jacobs can do in our scheme. With Haggans back from the suspension and able to help on STs, might be a good time to sit Dixon and see what Jacobs can give us. All our running game is missing is that big back/move the pile presence and Jacobs looked like he was that element in pre-season. It's not like STs has been lights out either, they've struggled here and there so sitting Dixon for a game or two shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-12-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see what Jacobs can do for us. Especially in the short yardage game where we've failed miserably on third downs. Harbaugh needs to find a way to get him on the field. He looked good in the preseason.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Old 10-17-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

New Gameday Thread is up.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I think we would be wise to sit Gore for the Cards game and allow Gore's ribs to heal for a full 3 weeks before we begin the last 8 games of the season. I'd rather make sure Gore is healthy for the stretch run instead of rushing him back for one game. Hunter, Dixon and Jacobs should be enough for the Cards. Got to look at it from a long-term perspective. Especially with a guy like Gore, who's presence is needed if this team wants to dream of any post-season success. And if your Jimbaugh, that's the main reason you kept 4 running backs.....for situations like these.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-20-2012 at 01:00 PM.