Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-23-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If 'Dark Knight Rises' Was 10 Times Shorter And More Honest.

Last edited by WCH : 08-23-2012 at 11:50 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what happened to all the ice? It was there in the banashment scenes and then it just disappeared.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hating on my team is one thing, but hating on Batman.....just ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Global Warming

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
no one's hating! i was explaining what might otherwise have seemed like a plot hole.
There can be no other explanation!

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/66...ts-the-riddler
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^that was great lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still can't believe that the movie felt obligated to pander to people ignorant of the source material by calling John Blake "Robin" towards the end of the film. That really bugs me about this movie.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I still can't believe that the movie felt obligated to pander to people ignorant of the source material by calling John Blake "Robin" towards the end of the film. That really bugs me about this movie.
It was literally a one second nod to a large portion of the fanbase. It's not like they shoehorned him in as actual suit and cape wearing Robin to fight baddies in the final climax. I don't see the big deal.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
It was literally a one second nod to a large portion of the fanbase. It's not like they shoehorned him in as actual suit and cape wearing Robin to fight baddies in the final climax. I don't see the big deal.
if anything it was more Dick Grayson at the end finally becoming Batman.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with you on this and have since the beginning. People constantly bitching about one small line that had no real effect on the movie is just weird.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you understand what I said?

My point is that the makers of the film shouldn't feel obligated to essentially use a hammer, label it Robin and pound it into the audience for the people that don't understand that John Blake is a new version of the character...as if they couldn't figure it out on their own, even if they used the names Tim Drake or Dick Grayson. Or maybe that scene doesn't even need to be in there. This is a different continuity. They had to use "Robin" for the casual fan of the franchise. Or felt like they needed to for some reason. That annoys me.

"Oh I get it now! He's supposed to be Robin!" when it was apparent that Blake was a reincarnation of the character practically from the beginning.

You shouldn't pander to someone that is largely ignorant of the source material. If all they know is that Batman and Robin is the dynamic duo, then you shouldn't pander to them. It doesn't matter. They aren't the ones coming to see the movie because of fanfare. They're coming either because of passing interest or maybe they simply saw The Dark Knight and wanted to know how this would turn out.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-26-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you understand what I said?

My point is that the makers of the film shouldn't feel obligated to essentially use a hammer, label it Robin and pound it into the audience for the people that don't understand that John Blake is a new version of the character...as if they couldn't figure it out on their own, even if they used the names Tim Drake or Dick Grayson. Or maybe that scene doesn't even need to be in there. This is a different continuity. They had to use "Robin" for the casual fan of the franchise. Or felt like they needed to for some reason. That annoys me.

"Oh I get it now! He's supposed to be Robin!" when it was apparent that Blake was a reincarnation of the character practically from the beginning.

You shouldn't pander to someone that is largely ignorant of the source material. If all they know is that Batman and Robin is the dynamic duo, then you shouldn't pander to them. It doesn't matter. They aren't the ones coming to see the movie because of fanfare. They're coming either because of passing interest or maybe they simply saw The Dark Knight and wanted to know how this would turn out.
I understood perfectly what you said. I just don't understand why you're making a mountain out of a molehill. We get it, you read the comics. Whoopty doo.
I read the comics and didn't give a flying ****. Were they also pandering to the nerds with the Killer Croc reference?
Old 10-26-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I have read far too many Batman graphic novels and comics since I was like four, and never once did I feel like it was forced in or over the top. It was in the last few seconds of the film, and he wasn't even really Robin in the end anyway, just the new Batman.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-26-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't care for the Robin naming part but it's whatever honestly. The vast majority of people who watched this movie don't know squat about source material. I know it was a great movie, but it still was a super hero blockbuster movie that aims across many demographics. The majority of viewers would get a kick out of that moment. When I saw it at the midnight release with people who were really into Batman that part wasn't nearly as well received as when I saw it later on with a normal crowd. My parents noticeably enjoyed that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I understood perfectly what you said. I just don't understand why you're making a mountain out of a molehill. We get it, you read the comics. Whoopty doo.
I read the comics and didn't give a flying ****. Were they also pandering to the nerds with the Killer Croc reference?
The Killer Croc reference didn't have anything to do with a character in the actual film. So I don't know why you're talking about that.

It has nothing to do with me actually reading the comics. Or being true to the comics. That's the entire point. I'm asking why it was needed within the context of the film in the first place. It's not about pandering to people that are familiar with the source material, like you believe my point originally was. It has to do with not having to pander to people that aren't. Which is why I said the scene where he had to have a "real name" wasn't even necessary. Most people with a brain should already understand where the inspiration for John Blake comes from. Doesn't need to be spelled out. And even if you don't, it still doesn't need to be spelled out because it's a new character that works in the context of the film. Just like Selina Kyle wasn't once called Catwoman in the film. If I was so big of a comics buff like you're implying, then I would have been ticked that Blake wasn't a member of the flying Graysons, that Selina Kyle wasn't called Catwoman, and that the Bat wasn't called the Batwing. But I'm not because I realize that this is a new continuity. And since it is, it should be able to stand on it's own merits without obvious points of exposition just so the casual person "gets it".

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-26-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is pandering to be honest. People are dense and they need a hammer to be explicit with them. Its a huge blockbuster so they need to aim low.

Batman still died in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I didn't care for the Robin naming part but it's whatever honestly. The vast majority of people who watched this movie don't know squat about source material. I know it was a great movie, but it still was a super hero blockbuster movie that aims across many demographics. The majority of viewers would get a kick out of that moment. When I saw it at the midnight release with people who were really into Batman that part wasn't nearly as well received as when I saw it later on with a normal crowd. My parents noticeably enjoyed that part.
And that's an okay thing because this entire series stands on it's own. You could have never known anything about Batman before watching this and the trilogy would have still worked for a lot of people. Which is why the need to dumb it down wasn't needed.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
The Killer Croc reference didn't have anything to do with a character in the actual film. So I don't know why you're talking about that.
Because like the Robin line, it's a throwaway line referencing a character in the comics that was put in entirely to be a nod to a certain portion of the fanbase watching the movie.

Ever hear of the saying, "Don't sweat the small stuff"?
Old 10-26-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Because like the Robin line, it's a throwaway line referencing a character in the comics that was put in entirely to be a nod to a certain portion of the fanbase watching the movie.

Ever hear of the saying, "Don't sweat the small stuff"?
But it had nothing to do with a character actually involved in the context of the main story.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
But it had nothing to do with a character actually involved in the context of the main story.
So? How did John Blake's name being Robin fundamentally change him as a character? It didn't. It was a nod. Just like the croc reference, and just like the cat reference in TDK before it.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
So? How did John Blake's name being Robin fundamentally change him as a character? It didn't. It was a nod. Just like the croc reference, and just like the cat reference in TDK before it.
Ness doesn't understand that analogies don't have to be seeded in the same exact situation or circumstance for them to work. Believe me. Read TWD thread.

There were alot more problems with this movie than taking fifteen seconds to reveal Blake's birth name was Robin.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-26-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
But that doesn't mean it's necessary since it doesn't serve the narrative. Blake is someone the audience cares about. And Blake is a character invested in the narrative. Your right, it doesn't do anything so why is there? Oh right, it wasn't just a nod. It was put in there for people that still didn't get that Blake was a character inspired by Robin. If anyone is being nodded to, it's the people that couldn't comprehend that facet of the movie.

And regardless of how big or small an aspect of a film is, good or bad, when looking at the movie with a critical eye, I'm allowed to have an opinion of something. There are more important things in the film good and bad, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion on other things that may not seem as important to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ness doesn't understand that analogies don't have to be seeded in the same exact situation or circumstance for them to work. Believe me. Read TWD thread.
Right, because that has to do with what I'm talking about.

LOL at trying to bring up the TWD thread (in which I still think you were wrong about within the context of what we were talking about, or rather just didn't get my point) to try and push your God-awful attempt to slight me/push an agenda. Irrelevancy + rude tactic in taking issue with the poster instead of the post FTW. If you're gonna be an asshole, at least go full throttle.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-26-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
But that doesn't mean it's necessary since it doesn't serve the narrative.
Blake is someone the audience cares about. And Blake is a character invested in the narrative. Your right, it doesn't do anything so why is there? Oh right, it wasn't just a nod. It was put in there for people that still didn't get that Blake was a character inspired by Robin. If anyone is being nodded to, it's the people that couldn't comprehend that facet of the movie.

And regardless of how big or small an aspect of a film is, good or bad, when looking at the movie with a critical eye, I'm allowed to have an opinion of something. There are more important things in the film good and bad, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion on other things that may not seem as important to you.
I just think it's funny that you're so offended by something that obviously wasn't meant for you. It's a nod for those that need it, if that's not you, then great! Like I said earlier, no need to make a mountain out of a molehill.