Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 6: Giants at 49ers

Week 6:
Sunday, October 14, 2012

New York Giants (3-2)
At
San Francisco 49ers (4-1)

Time: 1:25 pm pst
Line: SF -5
Announcers (FOX): TBA

The New York Giants. Our REAL rivals. It’s not the Rams. It’s not the Seahawks, nor the Cards. Not the Cowboys anymore. Not even the Raiders. It’s the Giants. Dammit. Damn you Giants. I don’t hate ‘em, … but I hate ‘em. So much pain. Soooooooooooooooo much. Dammit. Damn you Giants.

Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like 49ers/Giants rivalry has reached College Football level proportions. Except the winner isn’t getting some plaque with a bronze trophy of something stupid tacked onto it:

Like I said, … stupid.

Yeah, I really want this win. I don’t know if I’ve ever wanted a win this badly (playoffs excluded). Not that it will erase this:

And this:

And, sigh, … this:

but a win will surely help me forget.

We went through the series history twice last year so I’m not going to do it again. Frankly, the Giants have delivered many more heartbreaks than the 49ers have (Dammit. Damn you Giants.). So let’s just skip it.

Except for this:

OK, enough ancient history. On to the game.

Awwwwwwwkward.

I’ll admit it; I’m a fan of this guy:

He’s won me over. Love the accuracy. Love his hurry-up game. Love how he controls the safeties. Dammit. Damn you Giants.

18-24 for 303 and 3 TDs. 156.2 QB rating. Nice.
So, hey, that’s what it feels like to have a top 5 QB.

Although Eli puts up that yardage in 3 quarters. Dammit. Damn you Giants.

But there’s this:

Not pictured: Eli Manning.

The biggest matchup will be this:

Freightening

VS.

This:

Completely owned the Bills defen$ive line. Gonna have to do it again against another top end line.

Gotta give it up for the run game. 311 yards. Insane.

Frank is just criminally underrated. His vision is ridiculous.

And the Niners have taken the run game up a notch with this:

He’s so tough to defend. That’s a new angle for the Giants to defend. Will be interesting to see how they handle it. I absolutely love it. LOVE it. I really hope they add a pass-package for him as an additional wrinkle.

The Giants offense will try and establish this:

30 carries, 200 yards last week vs. Cleveland. Psssssssshhh. ONLY 200 yards?
As usual, I’m not too concerned about the run game. Although, the refs better get their **** together on the whole “forward progress was stopped” garbage. I mean, it doesn’t affect the outcome of games, or, you know, Super Bowl appearances and things like that. Seriously, I’m not bitter.

But I am concerned about this:

Eli to Cruz doesn’t result in overthrows and drops like it did with Fitz to Whatever-Not-Good-Receiver the Bills were rolling out there last week.

But, the Niners have a huge advantage with this:

The TE wheel route to VD is the most unstoppable play in the league right now. I feel like they can go to it at any point and hit a big play.

And don’t forget that this happened:

VD has 6 receptions for 152 yards and 3 TDs in the two games last year. This offense is much more explosive this year, so he could be in for an even better performance.

The Giants won’t have to worry about this guy:

I think he went surfing at Mavericks and got eaten by a shark, or something. Realistically, the only logical explanation for his lack of use is that the team thinks his run-blocking is a big detractor. That’s all I got. Otherwise, I’m baffled. But, if they have been holding him in reserve for this moment, I wouldn’t hate that at all. Unleash the beast!

Also, unlike the NFCCG, the Giants won’t have to worry about this:

Another lucky break for NY. Dammit. Damn you Giants.

Hopefully the Niners will be picking the brains of Brandon Jacobs and Mario Manningham for some nice insider info on the Giants’ offense. I picture it going something like this:

Note: These are paid actors, portraying actual 49ers players and/or staff. Except for the dog, which belongs to Trent Baalke.

And finally, it was great to see involvement in the offense from this guy:

He’s got some Red Dead Redemption to deliver.

Also, THIS!!!:

Standings
NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (4-1)
1. Arizona Cardinals (4-1)
3. Seattle Seahawks (3-2)
3. St. Louis Rams (3-2)

NFC East
1. New York Giants (3-2)
1. Philadelphia Eagles (3-2)
3. Dallas Cowboys (2-2)
4. Washington Redskins (2-3)

Special Note:

Real Giants wear black, and orange, and french vanilla.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.