Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-07-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
This defense needs a Star.

Or a Bjorn.

Or a both.
Bjorn hasn't done **** this year. I know he has like 5-6 sacks but 4 of them came in one game against a FCS team.I guess we could get Wener in the 2nd round. If we get a top 3-5 pick, I say we trade back and get some picks as long as we get Star,Montgomery,Warmack, Reid or Werner if he starts playing better.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
The Tackles I don't agree as much with. I've rewatched every game this year from the overhead camera angle, and you get great views on the OL and DL. I would agree that they're not playing at an All-Pro level, but they've still been rocks. A few plays here and there, sure, but some of that is on the QB holding the ball too long or not stepping up into the pocket.
Quote:
I think they've just set such a high standard, and we're just seeing complete horseshit on offense out there week after week, that it's hard to take any positives away from what's being done.
Lets not forget that we have a newbie in Velasco making the line calls too. We all hate Amano, but at least he could recognize blitzes and slide the protection calls to counter them. Velasco failed to do that on the Jared Allen sack. Greenway lined up outside of Allen, and Roos took him. It was then Hutchinson's job to get Allen. And then Velasco should have gotten the DT. Instead Hutchinson took the DT, whether because he had to, his responsibility hadn't changed, or just flatout due to confusion. Velasco has to recognize the blitz and get everyone sorted. This wasn't a delayed DB blitz like when Jake got hurt. Greenway practically had his hand in the dirt.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should say that I agree with Drew in regards to this past weeks game about the OL. They all looked pretty bad at times, but I think Roos held his own fairly well.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thursday night could be embarrassing. Hopefully this team shows some pride and plays a tough game instead of folding at the first signs of resistance.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad secondary and pass rush = Big Ben will beat us down.

If things continue how they have been, I wonder what changes will be made? Will Tommie Campbell or Coty see time? Will Martin get some time at S (can he even come back this year?). Will someone replace Harris at RG? Will we replace coaches during the season :O
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Tommie Campbell get more time. Either in nickel packages or maybe even at FS. Hopefully Markelle Martin will get a shot when he gets off of the PUP.

I'd like to see Scott Solomon get some pass rush opportunities if they ever activate him for a game.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Watching the coaches' cam footage of the game right now, will post some thoughts as I go along
Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd like to see Tommie Campbell get more time. Either in nickel packages or maybe even at FS.
Campbell as FS has gone through my mind too. Try Coty as 3rd CB. The sooner the better, we need to see how our future looks. We don't need to not play these guys like Cary Williams and then see them go off elsewhere and show their talent.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

1st Quarter

One play early stuck out to me, about 7:45 in the 1st, on 3rd down Leroy Harris gets beat across his face, but actually recovers enough to push the guy out of the play, but Hasselbeck sees the guy initially flash in front of him and gets rid of the ball too quick to Wright on a crosser who gets crushed by Harrison Smith. 1 more second in the pocket and he could have seen Cook 20-30 yds downfield with a clear step or two on his man. Instead we punt.

Jurrell Casey is far and away our best defensive lineman.

Sen'Derrick Marks appears to be the quickest lineman out of his stance.

Derrick Morgan tries to spin too much, and usually ends up on the ground or way off balance.

McCarthy does a good job avoiding a blocker and almost makes the play on Harvin's TD run, but a pathetic tackle attempt by both Griffin and Mouton leads to a touchdown.

Velasco completely whiffs on a block and forces CJ away from the play design, straight into a slot corner blitz.

It almost seems cliche at this point to call out struggles of the interior line, but man.. Harris, Velasco, and Hutch are taking turns getting abused. Doesn't matter if its run or pass. The play before we ran the fake punt, Hutch ruined the play by getting completely smoked. Cook and a LB collided and fell downfield...looked like he would've been able to come open, but Hass didn't have time to find him anyway.

The play CJ fumbled on was terrible by him. Not only did he fumble, but he missed a clear lane despite us blocking it well that would have picked up at least 5-7yds. Hard to tell if that's where the play was designed to go or not, but he jump cut in the backfield instead of running straight where the handoff was taking him, and Velasco's man disengaged across his face and disrupted the play a bit.

2nd Quarter

Vikings running alot of plays out of singleback 2TE formations. We are playing the run well out of this formation, but they are hitting some pass plays, nothing major though.

Zach Brown's major problem so far appears to be that he gets sucked in, and takes too many false steps, because of play fakes. You would hope this will be corrected with experience.

McCarthy reacts very quickly to what's in front of him in pass coverage.

Hutch false start. Like I said, they're just taking turns ******* up.

Hasselbeck's first INT is terrible. Line gives him time, but he doesn't see Cook standing in the middle of the field with no one within 10 yds of him. It was 3rd and 19, so it wouldn't have picked up the first, but the throw he attempted wasn't going to even come close either. He had tons of time as well, 2 of the Vikings' DL ended up on the ground.

Derrick Morgan FINALLY gets a good pass rush, and what do you know, it results in a broken play! He didn't get the sack, but he got Loadholt off balance and forced Ponder to scramble. First time we've breathed on him in the pocket today. Results in a field goal, offense directly to blame thanks to the Hass INT.

Stewart false start. Taking turns.

2nd and 8 pass play. Hutch bull rushed right back into Hasselbeck. Incomplete pass. Taking turns.

3rd and 8. Hass had Damian Williams (I think) to his right wide open for the 1st, but a chip block on Brian Robison actually pushes him with his own momentum into kind of an inadvertent stunt and he slips past Leroy Harris (not really his fault here) and comes into Hasselbecks face and forces him to the other side of the field for a short gain.

Long run by Peterson - we only have 6 in the box. 5 OL take our 4 DL and Ayers. Fullback gets McCarthy. No one left to make the tackle. Klug plays it horribly and takes himself out of the play... Ayers took a false step backwards at the snap, may have been in a better position otherwise. We were in nickel, they were in the I with 1TE 2WR. We were playing pass all the way and they gashed us.

Derrick Morgan again with a terrible spin move, ends up on the ground, loses contain and Ponder scrambles for a 1st. Brown played it pretty bad as well. Good coverage downfield.

Babs jumps a route perfectly but can't catch the INT. Results in a FG.

Backed up at our 17 with under 2 minutes. Checkdown to Ringer is dropped, then they run a weird swing pass to him for no gain. On the backside of that play appears to be a WR screen of some sort that would have picked up alot of yard, but they never looked that direction so I have to assume that was designed for the RB.

Then on 3rd down the Vikings blitz with 6 rushers. The receivers are all running vertical and there is no hot. Hasselbeck curls into the fetal position as Hutch and Ringer both pick up the same rusher and let Jared Allen come nearly untouched for a sack.

We punt, they get it at nearly midfield. Rush 3, drop 8, they hit a quick pass for a short gain. Rush 3, drop 8 again... no one even breathes on Ponder, he has time to pump McCourty who bites on the short route and throws over top of him. Griffin makes the hit and breaks up the pass but is flagged for a personal foul. Quick screen to Harvin next play picks up a chunk. Our linebackers are not good with playfakes at all.

Slip screen to Gerhart is defended well. Next play Mouton drops an easy pick. Next play RoJo gets the pick on the tip drill.

HALFTIME

I'll probably watch the 2nd half tomorrow. Without the idiotic Hasselbeck INT, and if Babineaux catches an easy INT himself, it would have only been 7-0 at halftime. Offense was putrid. Pass rush is completely non-existant. Almost every pass play for the Vikings, other than their 2 min drill, was playaction.

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 10-10-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's game day guys. I'm just hoping we don't get embarrassed too badly.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

No kidding man. Hope we can keep it competitive. Maybe at the very least a few of our younger guys will ball out and get some recognition.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

So I've always wondered why the tuck rule was in the game. Am I missing something? What's the point?

And we keep running this 3 man front prevent defense...and they keep. Inverting against it. Love these play calls Gray!

Last edited by Bobo : 10-11-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Old 10-11-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe this is premature(definitely) but I fully expect a Superbowl appearance by these guys. With the young gun slinger in Hasselbeck, that sure handed Britt and stout defence...we can't be stopped.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

LMAO classic.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously I hope Locker is the truth cause we are loaded at WR and TE.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Feels great to get a win, now just gotta clean a few things up.

-Ayers, learn to wrap up.

-Britt, learn to catch cleanly.

-Coaches and Front Office, pay Cook and get him on the field MORE.

-Why is Mouton still playing in the nickel?

-Why is RoJo still playing in dime?

-Casey, please, please, please, please, please don't be seriously hurt.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

We've basically got both of our wins due to special teams if you think about it. That's kinda neat.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
We've basically got both of our wins due to special teams if you think about it. That's kinda neat.
Remember when we used to cuss Lowry and his ST's?
Old 10-12-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-Casey, please, please, please, please, please don't be seriously hurt.
I fell asleep early last night. WHAT HAPPENED TO CASEY?!?!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BRITT IS RUSTY GUYS STOP YELLING AT HIM.

but srsly, he'll get the groove back. And McCourty's INT was sexy. I want giants-titans super bowl next year, mk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
SniperDosPuntoCero
Rookie

SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a scale from Mike Martin's calves to Mike Martin's gun show, how awesome is Mike Martin? I'll hang up and listen.
SniperDosPuntoCero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperDosPuntoCero View Post
On a scale from Mike Martin's calves to Mike Martin's gun show, how awesome is Mike Martin? I'll hang up and listen.
Mike Martin's muscly pinky?

Looks like that dude will be a playa fo sho. As much as he was praised as a stout nose tackle, he's shown he can move very well and get in the opponents backfield. I hope we have a good future with him and Casey.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Martin has the torso of a gentleman and the appendages of a gorilla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I fell asleep early last night. WHAT HAPPENED TO CASEY?!?!
He left with a shoulder injury, didn't play a snap the 2nd half.