Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-10-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
How can we ruin BBT? It started off awful and it has gotten worse with each undeserved Emmy it has won.
Its kinda like The Jack Black movie I had to watch once. I believe it was called Shallow Hal. She wasn't ugly to me so why did you tell me she was ugly. :(

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
i was doin some work a few days ago and had the tv on and southland was on but I didn't pay much attention. is it a good show? it kinda caught my interest at times.
I am a huge Southland fan. But with you living in LA I don't know how you'd feel about it. I have never been there so I have no preconceived ideas of what it is like there and if the show is as realistic as it is portrayed to be.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got around to watching the last two episodes of Revolution. I thought episode three was really good, I liked seeing the flashbacks of the very beginnings of the Monroe Militia. I also enjoyed Monday's episode. It wasn't quite as good as episode three but it was still solid. Some people on here earlier complained about the lack of steam power and they kind of answered that in this episode. I did have one issue though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the first season of Southland when it was on NBC. Usually those kind of shows don't appeal to me but I gave it a shot anyway and liked it. I didn't follow up with it when it was moved to TNT though.. I probably should have. I hear nothing but good things.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Just got around to watching the last two episodes of Revolution. I thought episode three was really good, I liked seeing the flashbacks of the very beginnings of the Monroe Militia. I also enjoyed Monday's episode. It wasn't quite as good as episode three but it was still solid. Some people on here earlier complained about the lack of steam power and they kind of answered that in this episode. I did have one issue though.

Im on the third episode now and I am hating this show more and more each episoide. Charlie is to this show that Lori is Walking Dead. You come upon a pack of killer militia. Charlie says, "don't kill them." They end up coming back and attacking you! "lets stay in this building that we know is going to get attacked." and instead of being ready for the attack lets just stand around talking about the past and sappy love stories.

It is getting unbearable.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find I enjoy the show more when I don't focus on Charlie. Except her body. Then the show becomes better.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huh, I don't really mind Charlie since she's just there to keep Miles on task and to get him to reveal more of his past.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The acting is just horrible. I hate they guy they got to play Miles. The guy isn't a bad actor but damn is he horribly cast as a bad ass ex special ops guy. The only thing that is keeping me from just giving up is Giancarlo Esposito and Mark Pellegrino. I also have high hopes for this mysterious Randal character.

But the people the show focus on want to make me shoot myself in the face... Well other than Nora as I like her character actually.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Charlie can be a little preachy. But she isn't Lori bad. Every post-apocalyptic show is going to have this type of character. It's that one character, who no matter what **** goes down, tries to act as much like they would in a civilized world. This is a hard character to play because viewers want to see people get killed, not mercy and most viewers just can't relate to them because they know they would quickly switch to a survival-or-the-fittest mentality in the same situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revolution is mindless fun. I'm not giving it much thought but just curious to see what dumb stuff the writers pull. If it gets cancelled no biggie but I'll continue to watch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Psych is coming back February 27th. Long wait for sure, but at least there won't be a mid-season break.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Psych is coming back February 27th. Long wait for sure, but at least there won't be a mid-season break.
Cue Brodie coming in and blaming me for the delay.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah I don't think about Revolution too much because it's one of those shows where I'll enjoy it when they air it but if it was canceled tomorrow I really wouldn't care.

It's solid, solid writing and solid characters, but nothing more.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys. One of my favourite shows is back next week. :D

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
If it is what I think you are talking about I too am excite. It should be an awesome season.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I hope that you're not talking about The Walking Dead!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meet Gayle Gergich: http://tvline.com/2012/10/10/parks-a...stie-brinkley/

Hahahahaha
Old 10-10-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope that you're not talking about The Walking Dead!!!!
I know you love it vidae. Don't deny it!

Old 10-10-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I know you love it vidae. Don't deny it!
I just want Lori to die. And Carl to become Zombie Carl that they keep in a cage and pee on. And then I will love it!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I just want Lori to die. And Carl to become Zombie Carl that they keep in a cage and pee on. And then I will love it!
I wouldn't be opposed to either of those things... Unfortunately I don't see it happening.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well, if I give my valuable eyeballs and brains to watching the third season it better be good. Michonne and The Governor better be awesome. If they're not I am going to blame you and only you.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

And did anyone check out / plan to check out Arrow? I know it's a CW show but I'm semi interested in it.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Well, if I give my valuable eyeballs and brains to watching the third season it better be good. Michonne and The Governor better be awesome. If they're not I am going to blame you and only you.
Michonne and The Governor are awesome. If they go with even half of the plotlines they do in the comic, things will get insane. Given the show is on AMC I think there is a good chance of that. Although some of the things that happen are so horrific I don't know they'd fit on any channel at all.

Quote:
And did anyone check out / plan to check out Arrow? I know it's a CW show but I'm semi interested in it.
Smallville was a guilty pleasure show for me (I love anything comic book related when it comes to film/tv) so I'll definitely check it out.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah I watched the first season of Smallville when it first aired and never watched any more of it. I really should have. I'm gunna give Arrow a shot and see if it's any good.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You avoid good shows on CW as is, not like you'd watch a potentially good one.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote