Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-10-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
90 minute ipa tonight great go to, almost always in the grocery store here
DFH 90 minute is awesome.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
DFH 90 minute is awesome.
yeah, the 90 minute on tap is pretty deadly... deadly delicious.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk what I like most as my go to, readily available IPA between Stone, DFH and Racer 5.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the beauty of having connections to a beer/wine distributor at a restaurant
Old 10-10-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Are you positive they're twelves, Brent? In NY the 4 pack absolutely comes with 16.9 oz cans.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that looks like all the liquor stores here. unless you're saying you got it 'cheap', in which case i hate you.
yea
Old 10-10-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you positive they're twelves, Brent? In NY the 4 pack absolutely comes with 16.9 oz cans.
Considering I am holding one in my hand, yes. I thought these were 16 because all the others were 16. My guess is that, due to its ABV and my state's weird laws, it had to be 12 oz? **** if I know.

EDIT: regular Stone Pale Ale is pretty average.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Considering I am holding one in my hand, yes. I thought these were 16 because all the others were 16. My guess is that, due to its ABV and my state's weird laws, it had to be 12 oz? **** if I know.

EDIT: regular Stone Pale Ale is pretty average.
That blows. I agree regarding Stone Pale Ale and Pale Ales in general. I do go through phases of really enjoying them though. Full Sail makes a pretty good one that I enjoy at all times.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
i really like pale ales when i just want something basic. it's like a coors light substitute.
That's a good analogy. They're the Coors Light of this thread.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NJX has a west coast bias towards beers.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
NJX has a west coast bias towards beers.
I tend to prefer WC beers too.....there are just so many good breweries out there compared to everywhere else, at least in my experience that has been the case.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
That's a good analogy. They're the Coors Light of this thread.
I was near the Whole Foods equivalent, Central Market, and I went looking for more Titan IPA, but there were out, so I ended buying Stone Pale Ale, that Resin from earlier, Ruination IPA, and (my favorite) St Bernardus Abt 12.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I was near the Whole Foods equivalent, Central Market, and I went looking for more Titan IPA, but there were out, so I ended buying Stone Pale Ale, that Resin from earlier, Ruination IPA, and (my favorite) St Bernardus Abt 12.
Nice haul. Ugh....Titan...why are you such a ***** to get in NY?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ruination is great stuff. Probably my favorite beer I've had so far.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Nice haul. Ugh....Titan...why are you such a ***** to get in NY?
Honestly, I hadn't bought St Bernardus in ******* forever, so to be "forced" to get some was a welcome change.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
ruination's ok, sort of a middle run ipa, imo.

either way, 3 days until the members only session at gabf!
**** you njx.

I agree on the ruination though, I prefer their regular IPA.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ruination's ok, sort of a middle run ipa, imo.

either way, 3 days until the members only session at gabf!
I'm sure there are better but I haven't had anything better up until now. The knuckle Sandwhich was great but that was DIPA...not sure if it falls under the same category haha

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I've heard really good things about Knuckle Sandwich, haven't seen it in NY yet.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
i might go tomorrow night, too... haven't decided.
The answer is obviously yes.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
but there's watching cu get worked, playing kickball, and/or hanging out with one of the mediocre girls mentioned in the other thread! actually, mostly, there's deciding if i want to deal with the crowds, or just wait till saturday when it's basically empty and the brewers are all there to answer questions.
Go when it's empty. I had an awesome conversation with the brewmaster of a local brewery when I went on a day when it was cold and rainy. He ended up giving me and my friend way more drinks that we should have had as we chatted about beer. It was glorious.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Drink a Young's Double Chocolate as an ice cream float.... Do it.
Seriously the most delicious thing ever.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this goes hand in hand with brent's pic of brooklyn/hipster tall boy beer. these are damn tasty but the opposite, at a low 5-something % but have some real kick, they only come in cans but they taste amazing on tap.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I tend to prefer WC beers too.....there are just so many good breweries out there compared to everywhere else, at least in my experience that has been the case.
Quote:
it's not my fault that the east coast mostly makes mediocre beers, with the rare gems, while the western us makes fantastic beers with rare complete failures!
Alchemist, DFH, Victory, & Iron Hill could go toe to toe with any WC brewers. I'll even say Headdy Topper > Pliny yeah I said it!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but with WC brews, theres just so damn many (good) brewies. you have 5+ in san diego alone, same thing with northern cal. then you have oregon, and maybe colorado, can WC claim them now that they joined the pac 12?
Old 10-11-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
how do you live with yourself when you're this wrong?
I am not wrong sir I am 100% correct. I didn't even mention Allegash (mostly because they don't do IPAs) but their Wit is better than any.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote: