Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have you seen Ray Allen handle that ball? It's not good. His job will be to camp out on the 3 point line and wait for kick outs.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron was most definitely never a jump shooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo was, is, and always will be. Oh and he can bang in the paint too.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 10-11-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron's only a better defender, rebounder, passer, and is more efficient while being infinitely smarter.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but he's also a *****.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 10-11-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

And he can't close like Melo. Melo is a top 3 closer in the league. Him, Durant, and Kobe.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be cool if Melo played D.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He does. He just doesn't play defense in the regular season unless he's playing a tough opponent.

He gets up for big games and he's actually pretty good on D when he tries. So come playoff time, or when we play LA or Miami, or OKC etc, I know he'll bring the D.

But when we play the Bucks or Raptors, he doesn't. That's the problem, he needs to stop being selective about it and just do it all the time.

I have no doubt we're going to be a top defensive team in the league this year though. We have size, we have depth, and Woodson is a good defensive coach.

When he took over, the Knicks were the best defense in the league during the Woodson era. Even with Stat and Melo.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And he can't close like Melo. Melo is a top 3 closer in the league. Him, Durant, and Kobe.
Haha at Kobe being a top 3 closer in the league. And calling LeBron a ***** won't wash away the fact that he's tougher than Melo could ever be.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-11-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Haha at Kobe being a top 3 closer in the league. And calling LeBron a ***** won't wash away the fact that he's tougher than Melo could ever be.
If I could have any player in the league make 1 shot for me, it's Kobe and its not even close.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
If I could have any player in the league make 1 shot for me, it's Kobe and its not even close.
Mine is Durant, and it isn't close. Stats back me up as well as success lately (speaking of which, the most clutch player in the league last year was Kyrie).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-11-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Mine is Durant, and it isn't close. Stats back me up as well as success lately (speaking of which, the most clutch player in the league last year was Kyrie).
Durant and Melo are equals to me when it comes to closing. Kobe has years of pedigree though.

Kyrie is too green. Let him do it for more than a year before we bring his name up.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll take Dirk.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Kobe has gotten worse in the clutch...I would agree with Brodie in saying I would want Durant for one shot. Hes damn near impossible to guard and effect his shot...but Kobe still has the sack and loves the moment, he still has the ability to hit that ridiculous shot at any given time. Outside of Durant I wouldnt take many over him in that spot.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Kobe has gotten worse in the clutch...I would agree with Brodie in saying I would want Durant for one shot. Hes damn near impossible to guard and effect his shot...but Kobe still has the sack and loves the moment, he still has the ability to hit that ridiculous shot at any given time. Outside of Durant I wouldnt take many over him in that spot.
Melo.

I could argue that Melo is even better than Durant in the clutch bc of that quick release of his, plus he can post up, something Durant can't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'll take Dirk.
You like losing?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Kobe just doesn't have that athletic ability any more to create space for himself on final shots. His body has taken a pounding over the years, and i still respect the hell out of him because he can and will make a lot of tough clutch shots, but i'd definitely go with Durant as well.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think Kobe just doesn't have that athletic ability any more to create space for himself on final shots. His body has taken a pounding over the years, and i still respect the hell out of him because he can and will make a lot of tough clutch shots, but i'd definitely go with Durant as well.
Yeah his lift isnt near the same on his jumper/fade.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Durant and Melo are equals to me when it comes to closing. Kobe has years of pedigree though.

Kyrie is too green. Let him do it for more than a year before we bring his name up.
Years of pedigree that doesn't matter when he's gotten progressively worse. It's Durant right now, and it's not close. After him, I'd take Melo and probably Pierce.

RIP TheManInBlack
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Kobe off the ball this year plz.

But yes, his physical skills have eroded to the point where he shouldn't be playing hero ball anymore.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Ok, you guys convinced me. I think that argument is fair, Kobe is no longer top dog at closing.

But it's hard for me to take him out of my top 5 bc its freakin Kobe. Even now, I just trust him to hit the shot.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Years of pedigree that doesn't matter when he's gotten progressively worse. It's Durant right now, and it's not close. After him, I'd take Melo and probably Pierce.
I forgot about Pierce. Pierce is top 3. He's very clutch.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with Kobe is that he's probably the best "bad shot" taker in league history, for whatever that's worth.

Off ball now tho plz.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

He's going to be off the ball. In their first pre-season game its amazing how many times Nash got him open with no one within 10 feet of him. If Kobe isnt happy about that Idk what to tell him. He looks as though he as accepted that Nash is gonna have to run the show and there will be more ISO looks when he is in without Nash.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He's going to be off the ball. In their first pre-season game its amazing how many times Nash got him open with no one within 10 feet of him. If Kobe isnt happy about that Idk what to tell him. He looks as though he as accepted that Nash is gonna have to run the show and there will be more ISO looks when he is in without Nash.
Perfect. (10)
Old 10-11-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Knicks. (10 char)