Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure hope the Niners aren't this year's version of the 2006 Cardinals
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can assure you that they're not because they have a good coach. I don't think people are overrating SF as much as they are realizing that the division is weak and someone needs to make the playoffs.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Well, you succeeded. How the Saints go from NFC Champ Game to missing the playoffs is beyond me.
See Carolina Panthers.

Get off the Saints bandwagon buddy.

AFC

East - N.Y.
North - Baltimore
South - Indianapolis
West - Denver
WC - Tennessee
WC - Cincinnati

NFC

East - Dallas
North - Green Bay
South - Atlanta
West - San Francisco
WC - Arizona (edges out Chicago)
WC - Washington
Old 04-17-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

NFC:

North: Bears
South: Saints
East: Eagles
West: Rams
Wild Cards: San Fran, Dallas

AFC:

North: Ravens
South: Colts
East: Patriots
West: Denver
Wild Cards: Titans, Chargers

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanGENE View Post
See Carolina Panthers.

Get off the Saints bandwagon buddy.

NFC

East - Dallas
North - Green Bay
South - Atlanta
West - San Francisco
WC - Arizona (edges out Chicago)
WC - Washington
i'm honestly shocked by your NFC predictions.
the cards, Washington, Green Bay, and another season by michael vick?
ponder.

AFC
North: Bengals (and i'm still hesitant about this pick)
East: J-E-T-S JETS.
West: Chiefs
South: Jags
WC: Indy
WC: Teams led by Jeff Fisher
Bubbled: new england, chargers.

NFC

North: Bear Down, Chicago Bears.
East: iggs.
West: niners
South: saints.
WC: Seahawks
WC: Pack.
Bubbled: america's team, rams
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awfully, I know you're new here, but we don't call the Cowboys "America's Team". This is a self-serving, douchebag thing that they made up themselves. Going forward, please refrain from encouraging them.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-17-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC

East - New England
North - Baltimore
South - Indianapolis
West - San Diego
WC - Denver
WC - Cincinnati

NFC

East - Dallas
North - Chicago
South - Saints
West - Seattle
WC - Giants
WC - Falcons

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just because it's only April and "anything can happen" doesn't mean you should just throw logic out the window when making predictions.

The NFC South is widely agreed upon to be the Saints' division to lose next season. It makes me laugh to see people leaving them out of the playoffs completely. Add in the fact that the NFC is so weak right now and the Saints have, in terms of strength of schedule, one of the easiest schedules in the NFL... there is no logical reason to predict their missing the playoffs next season. Can you really name 6 NFC teams better than the Saints as of now?

Before I get called for homerism, it's been a loooooooooooong time since Saints fans have had this much to look forward to in an offseason. I'm going to gloat, damn it.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC East- Giants
NFC South- Saints
NFC North- Bears
NFC West- Seahawks

Wildcard- Cardinals, 49ers

On the bubble- Eagles, Falcons

AFC East- Patriots
AFC South- Colts
AFC North- Bengals
AFC West- Chargers

Wildcard- Jets, Ravens

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm operating under the assumption that others in the division will be a little better, and that the Saints could be a little worse next season. They really had a perfect storm last season with limited injuries, and everything went great. I think some of the novelty with the homefield advantage could have worn off, and they're kind of due for a major injury (not hoping, just saying that law of averages is against them). Also, with more film study, Payton will have to continue to innovate on offense. I think the Saints are a playoff team, but I'm jumping on the Petrino-led Falcons to win the division, with the Saints a close second and the Wild Card. It's all opinion and guesswork now.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not seeing enough Cowboys here... come on guys... Tony Romo plays for the boys.

For those who dont know me, it's gonna seem like i'm trashing the boys...ha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Cowboys have a good team and could easily win the NFC East. I have them in as a WC, but anything is possible. All 4 teams in the NFC East has a chance to win the entire conference if things break the right way.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
The Cowboys have a good team and could easily win the NFC East. I have them in as a WC, but anything is possible. All 4 teams in the NFC East has a chance to win the entire conference if things break the right way.
Yes. I hate our division... loads of talent. Myself... I believe it will between the Boys and the Eagles... I'm not sold on Campbell and the Giants should have a hell of a time trying to replace Mr. Barber.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-17-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think the Giants' weakness is on the coaching staff. Jacobs is an interesting talent, and Eli has the skills to play if he is coached well. Campbell will be up and down, but the Redskins' D will be back (I think), and they also have the RB tandem of Portis and Betts to trample people. The Eagles have question marks with McNabb's health and the new additions. Finally, the Cowboys have a new coaching staff, brand new coordinators, and TO is always a WC.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im going to pull a homer and say Green Bay Packers for the North.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

That's a real stretch, PACK. You should be proud to share your name with Pacman Jones...

Old 04-17-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Well, you succeeded. How the Saints go from NFC Champ Game to missing the playoffs is beyond me.
How the Saints go from second pick in the draft to NFC championship game is beyond me.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I think the Giants' weakness is on the coaching staff. Jacobs is an interesting talent, and Eli has the skills to play if he is coached well. Campbell will be up and down, but the Redskins' D will be back (I think), and they also have the RB tandem of Portis and Betts to trample people. The Eagles have question marks with McNabb's health and the new additions. Finally, the Cowboys have a new coaching staff, brand new coordinators, and TO is always a WC.
To be honest... I felt the biggest problem with the Cowboys last season was the coaching staff. Mike Zimmer did not know the first thing about coaching a 3-4 defense. I cannot see how you can have a good defense when you're d coordinator is trying to learn the defense while he is teaching it. Last season was a bit embarassing... the players didnt know their assignments and were constantly out of position and I think Zimmer is the man at fault here.

I know I'm a cowboy fan and have a bit of a bias but, I believe we have a very talented group of guys on our D. It would seem on paper that we would have a top defense with these guys but, under Zimmer...we had anything but. Now you bring in a coach that actually knows what he's doing and not only that... he is basically the best at what he does and I think we instantly have one of the better defenses in the league.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-17-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Just because it's only April and "anything can happen" doesn't mean you should just throw logic out the window when making predictions.

The NFC South is widely agreed upon to be the Saints' division to lose next season. It makes me laugh to see people leaving them out of the playoffs completely. Add in the fact that the NFC is so weak right now and the Saints have, in terms of strength of schedule, one of the easiest schedules in the NFL... there is no logical reason to predict their missing the playoffs next season. Can you really name 6 NFC teams better than the Saints as of now?

Before I get called for homerism, it's been a loooooooooooong time since Saints fans have had this much to look forward to in an offseason. I'm going to gloat, damn it.
Before you say that, for my edification, please tell me when was the last time the NFC South had a repeat division champ? Bucs fans had the exact same sentiments last year. Carolina Panthers fans before that. Atlanta fans, well, you get the idea. While New Orleans has an easy schedule, except Atlanta, and Carolina have the exact same schedule, sans playing the 1st place teams from a year ago. Either way; nothing to get mad about, the fact of the matter is this thread means very little. Anyone who reads TMQ knows that even so-called "experts" have crappy predictions.

Oh, and by the way, I want to reinforce the point that the NFC South has never had a repeat division champ.

Last edited by Shiver : 04-17-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think the Cowboys' losing Greg Ellis as a pass rusher really hurt their D. With Ellis and Ware out there, it was nearly impossible for teams to block them. With just Ware, it was much easier. Yes, Zimmer didn't adjust well, but the loss of personnel helped things. I believe that the new coaching staff in Dallas will go a long way.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Post your predictions now before the draft. We can look up how we did in January...
NFC.
1.Eagles
2.Niners
3.Giants
4.Bears
AFC.
1.Colts
2.Chargers
3.Jags
4.Pats

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Im going to pull a homer and say Green Bay Packers for the North.
Yeah, they will be in it

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't make predictions until after the draft. Right now, our teams dont even have their rosters set.

And the old saying that having lots of rookies on your team will lead to a poor year is not true anymore.

Now more than ever you see rookies making a huge impact on their respective teams. Parity has changed the game, and a solid draft can turn a pretender to a contender in a heart beat with the right coaching staff (see NO last year).

2 impact rookies can be all the difference in the world. Its not like the old days, now teams are so even in talent, it takes great coaching and good drafting to be consistently a top tier team.

The rest of the league will fluctuate. But if you look back, the teams that are winners on a yearly basis are teams that have great coaching, and great drafting.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I can't make predictions until after the draft. Right now, our teams dont even have their rosters set.

And the old saying that having lots of rookies on your team will lead to a poor year is not true anymore.

Now more than ever you see rookies making a huge impact on their respective teams. Parity has changed the game, and a solid draft can turn a pretender to a contender in a heart beat with the right coaching staff (see NO last year).

2 impact rookies can be all the difference in the world. Its not like the old days, now teams are so even in talent, it takes great coaching and good drafting to be consistently a top tier team.

The rest of the league will fluctuate. But if you look back, the teams that are winners on a yearly basis are teams that have great coaching, and great drafting.
In other words, BBD is skerred to post here because he is never wrong. If he makes an educated guess and is incorrect, it will not be fun for him. LAME!!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In other words, BBD is skerred to post here because he is never wrong. If he makes an educated guess and is incorrect, it will not be fun for him. LAME!!!!
Lol, thats also true. After the Truths thread, its like I gotta predict everything right now, lol.

Ok, lemme give it a go.

NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Falcons
NFC West: Seattle
NFC North: Green Bay (Chicago is due for a letdown)
WC - Giants (yeah, Im a homer, but the Giants always seem to do well when people think they're gonna stink, so Im holding onto hope)
WC - Chicago

AFC East - NE
South - Indy
West - Denver
North - Cinncy
WC - Jags
WC - Houston (yup...Houston)

There ya go.