Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I wouldn't say its necessarily defensive coordinators have "figured out" Cam Newton. I'd say its more that Cam Newton has one of the worst offensive lines in the league protecting him.

Sure, defenses have figured out more of Carolina's system, that's true, that was inevitable. But Carolina's offensive line has only two quality starters, Gross and Kalil, and now Kalil is gone for the season. Silatolu is an extremely raw rookie, and it definitely shows. Byron Bell isn't Wayne Hunter, but he's still not very good. Geoff Hangartner and Gary Williams are both complete trash.

Cam Newton still needs development as a passer in order to reach his full potential. There have certainly been situations where Cam Newton made mistakes that were entirely his own fault. That being said, when you are a young quarterback and constantly being pressured, your development towards not making those mistakes is going to be hindered. We saw last year with decent protection what he was capable of as a passer. He may have great athleticism that allows him to still make plays, but now he's doing so with his legs, and therefore robbing his arm of the necessary experience.
Kalil being out means its gonna get a lot worse. Cam isn't gonna be successful with the current play calling. They can't keep calling slow developing option plays and deep passes without real deep threats. Let that expensive backfield actually help out the second year QB.

Letting Shockey go, or at least not filling his spot with a new TE was a mistake. Being able to throw and run out of the 2TE formation was so important for keeping defenses guessing.

I'll be really disappointed if they come out with the option against the Cowboys. Demarcus Ware and Sean Lee aren't going to have any of that nonsense. Not to mention Connor practiced against it all year last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I wanted to make a point to look at Chudzinski this season after his initial success last year with Carolina because it reminded of his debut with the Browns in 07'. He took a terrible offense and made it top ten and made Anderson/Edwards look like future stars but the next season he wasn't able to build on what he did.
This has been in my mind for a few weeks. What Cam and the offense needs is basic football. Being under center, handing the ball off, not being in Shotgun 100%. They've forgotten they're a power running team.

Last edited by ShutDwn : 10-12-2012 at 11:57 AM.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote