Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Just how good is Percy Harvin

I've thought about his for awhile, and it seems like he's vaulted himself up to one of the best WR's and players in the entire league. If you look at his numbers, ever since he entered into the league he's been producing.

2009: 60/790/6 and 15/135
2010: 71/868/5 and 18/107/1
2011: 87/967/6 and 52/345/2

Last year he really broke out, and this year he's still managed to continue and improve. I don't really know how to gauge him against other WR's, when he's getting nearly 400 rushing yards and lining up all over the field. When he gets the ball in his hands he turns into a RB, and with his build his after the catch ability is elite.

My question is, how high are you ranking him in comparison to other WR's? I know he's young, and guys have done it a lot longer, but for every thing you list that an elite WR may do better then him you would have 2 things he does better then them. He may end up leading the NFL in receptions this year, all the while lining up at RB and getting carries every single week, that's almost unheard of.

He reminds me of a young Steve Smith as a receiver, and has a dynamic as a runner that very few WR's can match. I am still unsure on how to rank him properly amongst others at his position, so curious to see how others view him. He's in his 4th year, it's time he starts to get his due as an elite player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
billybeejr
Rookie

billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's the first player to bring the slot wr/rb role from college spread systems into the nfl successfully. Its like ranking Welker a couple years ago.
billybeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's in that second tier right after the top 5, so I'd say he's clearly a top 10 WR.

Top 5:

CJ
Fitz
AJ
Julio
Roddy

Next Tier in no particular order:
Cruz
Harvin
Marshall
Wayne
Andre Johnson

Then:
Welker
Nicks
Jennings
Wallace
Bowe
Colston
Bey Bey
etc...
Old 10-12-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm obviously a bit biased because he's on my team....

Adrian Peterson recently said that he and Harvin are the two best players in the league.

I would be extremely upset if he left the vikings. And now that after this last year he "demanded" a trade i feel as though the vikings are going to have to throw a huge chunk of change at him to keep him in Minnesota. We'll see what happens in the next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would kill to get him on the Pats. Behind megatron and AJ Green as far as receivers I would want for this team. I love Fitz I'm factoring in age.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question for Vikings fans, is the migraine issue a non factor now? I assume he finally got the right medication or something to handle it.

Are other injuries a concern as well? I feel like he seemingly always dinged up in some way.

Stop stealing Toby's carries.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I'm obviously a bit biased because he's on my team....

Adrian Peterson recently said that he and Harvin are the two best players in the league.

I would be extremely upset if he left the vikings. And now that after this last year he "demanded" a trade i feel as though the vikings are going to have to throw a huge chunk of change at him to keep him in Minnesota. We'll see what happens in the next year.
AP might not even be the best RB from his draft class. At least this year.

Him and marshawn are pretty neck and neck.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'd be considered even better if he'd get into the endzone this year.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Marshawn, but only in the very small scope of the first 5 games of this season has he been comparable with Peterson. If you were asked to take one of those 2 guys moving forward from today or just one of them for a game tomorrow, I'm pretty sure every one would pick AP.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-12-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, I was just noting what was said. I don't want to turn this into a "who is better than AD" thread. Continue talking about Percy Harvin's awesomeness.

Edit: here is the link where peterson said he and harvin are the "Jordans" of the NFL.

http://www.examiner.com/article/viki...n-s-of-the-nfl

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Schlereth said that he could be a 1500 yard rusher if they'd let him do that. He is having an MVP caliber season.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I've said many times already, he's the most dangerous offensive player in the league. A legitimate #1 WR who can run the rock like a HB. Think about that for a second. In history of the NFL, who else could make that claim? Sure there are HBs who have been dangerous when motioned out to the slot like Faulk, but I'm talking a true WR with ability to line up behind a FB and run the ball....effectively.....between the tackles? I love Megatron but you know excatly where on the field he is and how he's going to be used. With Harvin, he could legitimately line up at WR and run the rock or he could line-up in the backfield beat your CB down the field on a streak. He single-handedly beat the Niners defense. We had no answer for him. And he did it in myriad of ways. I would love to see what Harbaugh could do with him in our offense. Imagine if actually had a QB who could get him the ball deep and some help on the outside

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-12-2012 at 07:49 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1300+ all purpose yards is quite nice. But I don't think that puts him in the top 5 players (skill players) in the NFL. I'd have to look it up.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a fantastic weapon, but I there are WRs I'd take over him because they have the ability to go up and catch any pass, to go with being great deep threats. In a #1 WR that's what I want, the ability to make great catches and big plays. That's why he doesn't touch guys like CJ, Fitz, AJ Green, Wayne, or even a healthy Hakeem Nicks. He's still a huge weapon having a great year, but I don't like him enough to put him as a top 5 WR. Still, for a young QB like Ponder who has a fine arm but an unspectacular deep ball, he's a wonderful weapon.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An interesting question.

It's hard to compare him to guys like Megatron and Roddy, simply because their skill sets are so different.

As a pure WR, I'd put him borderline top ten.

However, I'd say he's the best weapon in the NFL today.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Question for Vikings fans, is the migraine issue a non factor now? I assume he finally got the right medication or something to handle it.

Are other injuries a concern as well? I feel like he seemingly always dinged up in some way.

Stop stealing Toby's carries.
I need answers people.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-12-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love his athleticism. My favorite college player when he was at Florida and one of my favorite players in the league now. Glad Christian Ponder has found his stroke so we can see Harvin shine like he was supposed to

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I need answers people.
They haven't been an issue for a while. Not really sure what caused them, they thought it was sleep apnea at one point but who knows.

Injuries never really slow him down either, he'll miss a ton of practice but he never really misses games. He's one tough ************.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's incredibly overrated, as evidenced by this thread.

One of the best players in the league? Get the **** out of here.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I always say you're only as good as your fantasy stats say. So Percy Harvin is the best player in the NFL.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

b/c the Vikings are the surprise team of the year and the fact that he is off to a crazy good start, he is deservedly in the MVP conversation as of right now. But does that mean I really think he is an elite player and that the Vikes success will continue? no cant say that. I give him a ton of credit for the way hes playing, but I think he and the rest of the team will probably come back to earth.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
He's a fantastic weapon, but I there are WRs I'd take over him because they have the ability to go up and catch any pass, to go with being great deep threats. In a #1 WR that's what I want, the ability to make great catches and big plays. That's why he doesn't touch guys like CJ, Fitz, AJ Green, Wayne, or even a healthy Hakeem Nicks. He's still a huge weapon having a great year, but I don't like him enough to put him as a top 5 WR. Still, for a young QB like Ponder who has a fine arm but an unspectacular deep ball, he's a wonderful weapon.

And how do you figure Percy Harvin doesn't do this? I don't think your giving him enough credit for the versatility he provides for an offense either. He can do a bunch of things for an offense those guys can't do.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He can do a bunch of things for an offense those guys can't do.
But he can't do any of those things at an elite level, so who cares? Let's not get caught up in shiny, different things just for the sake of novelty (a common approach on this board).

Old 10-12-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
he is deservedly in the MVP conversation as of right now.
As of right now, the "MVP conversation" begins and ends with Matt Ryan. J.J. Watt deserves to be part of that conversation, but the media hates defense.

No idea how it will end up, but if the season ended today you can just hand the trophy to Ryan. There's no debate.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
And how do you figure Percy Harvin doesn't do this? I don't think your giving him enough credit for the versatility he provides for an offense either. He can do a bunch of things for an offense those guys can't do.
I dunno what you want me to tell you but he doesn't snag the ball out of the air when his QB just throws the ball up for him, the way those guys do. Which isn't to say he's a bad receiver, he just doesn't stand out in that area. And I fully appreciate his versatility, in fact from that vikings offense he's the player I'd most want, but to me all of the explosiveness he brings is still complimentary, I want my #1 guy to be the type of guy who can dominate even tight coverage, and my second guy to be the one who relies on just getting more separation like Harvin. Kinda like Victor Cruz, I love Cruz, but Nicks is the guy I trust more to make the huge play in the big moments because he can just go up and dominate guys even if he's getting no separation, Cruz is really good at it to, but not the way Nicks is.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote