Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
But he can't do any of those things at an elite level, so who cares? Let's not get caught up in shiny, different things just for the sake of novelty (a common approach on this board).
Well for one he's been in the league four years now, hardly call that a shiny different thing when Julio and AJ Green are in nearly every WR ranking you see in their 2nd years. If you don't think he's any good as a WR or player that's fine, but not sure if serious but you just end up sounding like a 14 year old angry Bears fan. But yea, instead let's completely ignore how good of a player he is and instead use extreme hyperbole even when it's used incorrectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I dunno what you want me to tell you but he doesn't snag the ball out of the air when his QB just throws the ball up for him, the way those guys do. Which isn't to say he's a bad receiver, he just doesn't stand out in that area.

I just look at that as a player style, but you can be an elite WR without living in the air. Calvin, Fitz, Julio, those guys use their height to their advantage, but there have always been elite WR's in the NFL without that trait. But at the same time, he's 5'11 with a 40 inch vertical. It's not like he can't get up there if he needs to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote