Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 6: Giants at 49ers

Week 6:
Sunday, October 14, 2012

New York Giants (3-2)
At
San Francisco 49ers (4-1)

Time: 1:25 pm pst
Line: SF -5
Announcers (FOX): TBA

The New York Giants. Our REAL rivals. It’s not the Rams. It’s not the Seahawks, nor the Cards. Not the Cowboys anymore. Not even the Raiders. It’s the Giants. Dammit. Damn you Giants. I don’t hate ‘em, … but I hate ‘em. So much pain. Soooooooooooooooo much. Dammit. Damn you Giants.

Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like 49ers/Giants rivalry has reached College Football level proportions. Except the winner isn’t getting some plaque with a bronze trophy of something stupid tacked onto it:

Like I said, … stupid.

Yeah, I really want this win. I don’t know if I’ve ever wanted a win this badly (playoffs excluded). Not that it will erase this:

And this:

And, sigh, … this:

but a win will surely help me forget.

We went through the series history twice last year so I’m not going to do it again. Frankly, the Giants have delivered many more heartbreaks than the 49ers have (Dammit. Damn you Giants.). So let’s just skip it.

Except for this:

OK, enough ancient history. On to the game.

Awwwwwwwkward.

I’ll admit it; I’m a fan of this guy:

He’s won me over. Love the accuracy. Love his hurry-up game. Love how he controls the safeties. Dammit. Damn you Giants.

18-24 for 303 and 3 TDs. 156.2 QB rating. Nice.
So, hey, that’s what it feels like to have a top 5 QB.

Although Eli puts up that yardage in 3 quarters. Dammit. Damn you Giants.

But there’s this:

Not pictured: Eli Manning.

The biggest matchup will be this:

Freightening

VS.

This:

Completely owned the Bills defen$ive line. Gonna have to do it again against another top end line.

Gotta give it up for the run game. 311 yards. Insane.

Frank is just criminally underrated. His vision is ridiculous.

And the Niners have taken the run game up a notch with this:

He’s so tough to defend. That’s a new angle for the Giants to defend. Will be interesting to see how they handle it. I absolutely love it. LOVE it. I really hope they add a pass-package for him as an additional wrinkle.

The Giants offense will try and establish this:

30 carries, 200 yards last week vs. Cleveland. Psssssssshhh. ONLY 200 yards?
As usual, I’m not too concerned about the run game. Although, the refs better get their **** together on the whole “forward progress was stopped” garbage. I mean, it doesn’t affect the outcome of games, or, you know, Super Bowl appearances and things like that. Seriously, I’m not bitter.

But I am concerned about this:

Eli to Cruz doesn’t result in overthrows and drops like it did with Fitz to Whatever-Not-Good-Receiver the Bills were rolling out there last week.

But, the Niners have a huge advantage with this:

The TE wheel route to VD is the most unstoppable play in the league right now. I feel like they can go to it at any point and hit a big play.

And don’t forget that this happened:

VD has 6 receptions for 152 yards and 3 TDs in the two games last year. This offense is much more explosive this year, so he could be in for an even better performance.

The Giants won’t have to worry about this guy:

I think he went surfing at Mavericks and got eaten by a shark, or something. Realistically, the only logical explanation for his lack of use is that the team thinks his run-blocking is a big detractor. That’s all I got. Otherwise, I’m baffled. But, if they have been holding him in reserve for this moment, I wouldn’t hate that at all. Unleash the beast!

Also, unlike the NFCCG, the Giants won’t have to worry about this:

Another lucky break for NY. Dammit. Damn you Giants.

Hopefully the Niners will be picking the brains of Brandon Jacobs and Mario Manningham for some nice insider info on the Giants’ offense. I picture it going something like this:

Note: These are paid actors, portraying actual 49ers players and/or staff. Except for the dog, which belongs to Trent Baalke.

And finally, it was great to see involvement in the offense from this guy:

He’s got some Red Dead Redemption to deliver.

Also, THIS!!!:

Standings
NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (4-1)
1. Arizona Cardinals (4-1)
3. Seattle Seahawks (3-2)
3. St. Louis Rams (3-2)

NFC East
1. New York Giants (3-2)
1. Philadelphia Eagles (3-2)
3. Dallas Cowboys (2-2)
4. Washington Redskins (2-3)

Special Note:

Real Giants wear black, and orange, and french vanilla.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, I am looking forward to this game good sir. It really is a great rivalry.

Personally, I think you guys will beat us, but it will be a good game.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might not even see this game as I'll be traveling to a part of mainland China. Hopefully they have internet at the hotel.

Oh and hopefully Alex's sprained middle finger isn't an issue come game day.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is gonna be epic. Will not sit down the entire game.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game thread. I laughed my ass of at the notion of Jacobs or Mario having any information. It's gunna be a great game and I hope another heart break for you guys, which is only fair, cause yall did this to me while I was still a kid, now I'm a jaded adult-ish, incapable of enjoying this is as I once could've.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bravo Borat. The real Giants wear black and orange was a nice ending. Even as a Mets fan, I can appreciate that lol. Honestly, I want to win but would care less if we lost. I'm more worried about us expending too much energy and emotion trying to beat the G-Men and then coming out flat in a short turnaround against a very dangerous Seattle team with a defense that scares me to death. So I'm kind of indifferent at the moment.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
cause yall did this to me while I was still a kid, now I'm a jaded adult-ish, incapable of enjoying this is as I once could've.
A late 80's childhood or the 2002 comeback?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-10-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
A late 80's childhood or the 2002 comeback?
The comeback, after having last seen my team get eliminated from the playoffs via a superbowl raping, the likes of which we haven't seen since, the team ***** it up in an equally embarrassing manner.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully the 49ers kill the Giants like they did the Bills and Jets.

Quote:
Old 10-12-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome job Borat. I can't wait for Sunday. You guys can win this game but I'll take the W again in the playoffs when we meet again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-12-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Kevin Gilbride and Jim Harbaugh already starting the fire. And indeed, the fire rises.

Anyways, I don't think the 49ers will be able to run the ball very well like the the last two games against the Giants. They're probably going to make Alex Smith beat them through the air.

Quote:
Old 10-12-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
They're probably going to make Alex Smith beat them through the air.
So shall it be written, so shall it be done!

Old 10-13-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sucks I have to work !! grr . Would love to have to watch this game. But end of seasonal job inventory has to be done Sunday it will be a long day.I just hope we win for sweet revenge from the play offs. And yes dam you Giants ! We need some excellent passing from both of our Qb 's this week and running to kick into ultra speed/high gear.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kevin Gilbride and Jim Harbaugh already starting the fire. And indeed, the fire rises.

Anyways, I don't think the 49ers will be able to run the ball very well like the the last two games against the Giants. They're probably going to make Alex Smith beat them through the air.
He did so in the regular season last year and was close to doing so with Michael Crabtree and Brett Swain in the playoffs. I believe he can definitely do it with the additions of Moss and Manningham, and Ginn back.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not so much a matter of "if" any more with the passing offense. We just have to do it on a consistent basis. That's the problem. Guys have to excute and cut out all the damn penalties. We would have probably scored 60 on the Bills if not for all the drive-killing penalties that negated huge plays. And the secondary needs to step up. Aside from Goldie and Cully, they haven't played the kind of ball we're accustomed to seeing. Whitner already has 8 missed tackles....he had 6 for ALL of last season. Usually the secondary is the last group to get their act together because it takes a few games to build chemistry back there but these guys all played with each other last year. I didn't think it would take this long to get the cohesion we need. They have to step it up this week.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-13-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Apparently Brown and Rogers have struggled so far this season. I wonder if that has to do with the lack of pass rush at times early on this on this year. Culliver on the other hand has played great.

Oh and please no dropped passes on Sunday.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-13-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The real Giants host game 1 of the NLCS on Sunday. Wonder if that will effect the attendance.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Apparently Brown and Rogers have struggled so far this season. I wonder if that has to do with the lack of pass rush at times early on this on this year.
There hasn't been a lack of a pass rush. We have more sacks and more hurries this year than we had at this point, last year. The pass rush is fine. Guys on the back-end just need to step up. It has nothing to do with the front seven.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The real Giants host game 1 of the NLCS on Sunday. Wonder if that will effect the attendance.
can you imagine how ******* awesome it would be to see the Niners and then head down to AT&T to watch the Giants?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-13-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
can you imagine how ******* awesome it would be to see the Niners and then head down to AT&T to watch the Giants?
If I had more time to set it up, I would definitely be doing this.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Not sure I see that at all. We've got 3 healthy DTs of which one is a late round rookie, Kuhn, who I love, but still isn't very good right now, and the other is Marvin Austin, who hasn't played in two years and so still isn't in game shape. I'm much more worried about you guys running for 200+ on us than i am of your passing game.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-13-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Frisco fans have tome for both, especially since it's against NYG and what happened in January still salting the wound a little. They'll show and represent.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 10-14-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
There hasn't been a lack of a pass rush. We have more sacks and more hurries this year than we had at this point, last year. The pass rush is fine. Guys on the back-end just need to step up. It has nothing to do with the front seven.
Not calling you out but do you have a link for this? I feel like we have been a lot more inconsistent at generating pressure this year. The only game where we had consistent pressure was the Jets. Ponder had all day to throw on most of his dropbacks and we didn't really harass Rodgers, Stafford and Fitzpatrick like we did opposing QBs last year
Old 10-14-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldon chased Rodgers all over the field at times and also Ponder beated us mostly on the run with Smith running after him most of the time.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I won't be able to watch the entire game live like I thought I would. Maybe just half of it. I might just wait to download it. We'll see.

Quote:
Closed Thread