Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Steelers need to draft seven defensive backs next year.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
J-Spot
Rookie

J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
The Steelers need to draft seven defensive backs next year.
Or stop drafting busts in the front seven like Ziggy Hood and Jason Worilds, and instead start drafting some actually talented DL and LBs. The last front seven player they drafted that was any good was Woodley in 2007.
J-Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game by the boys, cj looked good tonight too

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:22 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And griffin makes me want to pull my hair out, what a waste of 35 million

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:06 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still can't believe they lost to the Titans. This defense has given up late touchdown drives to lose the lead to Matt Hasslebeck and Carson Palmer. It's 2012, that's just not acceptable.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate most of the media so, so much. First thing they say about us last night when they go back to the NFL network studio is "zomggg QB controversyzzz???" Where was this talk 2 weeks ago when the Texans game was actually close until Ol' wily vet Matthew threw not one, but two pick 6's? Or how about last week when he could barely manage to complete a pass until the Vikings were way up and the game out of reach? Hell, he played decent last night but I'd hardly call it a great performance. He threw the Stillers a couple of lob balls, that had they caught, probably would have completely changed the game.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can't wait til Locker gets back and has Britt-Washington-Wright-Cook

and then next year when the tits draft an OL to keep Locker alive and give him time
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where ever videa is at:

Who plays worse: freeman or Brady Quinn on Sunday? Let the debate begin lol.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
If we did a sig bet, the Steelers would have won. It happens every year. lol.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Spot View Post
Or stop drafting busts in the front seven like Ziggy Hood and Jason Worilds, and instead start drafting some actually talented DL and LBs. The last front seven player they drafted that was any good was Woodley in 2007.
Colbert wanted Sean Lee. Tomlin wanted Worilds. Sucks that we didn't get Lee. He and Timmons together would have been sex.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Colbert wanted Sean Lee. Tomlin wanted Worilds. Sucks that we didn't get Lee. He and Timmons together would have been sex.
Lee would be such an animal on the inside with Timmons too...dude is a future perennial pro bowler.

A big part of the Steelers problem is that the 3-4 base caught on so much elsewhere in the league. No longer do Aaron Smith and Lamar Woodley types fall into the 2nd round. No longer do Brett Keisel's fall to the 7th round. No longer do James Harrison's go undrafted.

As their top defenders aged, replacing them wasn't as easy, forcing the Steelers to invest higher and higher picks in the positions. And now that some of those guys aren't working out, they're in some serious trouble.

Also, start carrying an 8th ******* offensive lineman. I think I've only ever heard of one or two instances in my life where teams who aren't the Steelers were one more injury away from using a TE as a lineman. The Steelers have had it happen 3-4 times in the past two years alone.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I honestly believe Jason Worilds can be really good in this league. The dude has just been so raw and injured since joining the league that it's hard to get a good grip on him. He's had 9 tackles and 2 sacks the past two games. Not earth breaking numbers, but he's been getting after it, especially last night. If a top pass rusher like Jeffcoat were available, I'd take them. But I'm willing to let a trio of Worilds, Chris Carter, and Adrian Robinson try to replace Harrison next year.

Ziggy Hood sucks. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the dude sucks as a 5-tech. I hope he's gone at the end of the year, which would be a rare first round miss for the Steelers. Heyward needs to play more ASAP.

Steve McClendon also needs to play more at either DE or NT. Hampton is garbage now, and Keisel hasn't been a beast like he was last year. I hope Ta'Amu shows up next season better.

I'm not sure how I feel about Cortez Allen and Keenan Lewis yet. They have great physical talents, but I don't think any of them are number 1 guys. Keenan had a good game last night until that dropped interception that would have won the game. Cortez was a beast in camp and in the preseason, but hasn't been THAT great this season.

I want to see what youngster Robert Golden can do. He can't be any worse than Will Allen or Ryan Mundy. I used to really like Mundy, but the dude isn't good and always hits with his helmet. He probably won't be resigned for next season, though he plays a solid ST.

I'm not sure how the Steelers will go with their first round pick. I think they'll go with either a OLB, MLB, CB. I want something like this:

Manti Te'o MLB
Jefferson Jeffcoat OLB
Jonthan Banks CB
Dee Millner CB
Xavier Rhodes CB

Then in the second round get Polamalu's replacement like Kenny Vaccaro, Shawn Williams(who I really like), or TJ McDonald if he is still there.

Third round get whoever they didn't get in the first round. I like a few corners here and someone like Bruce Taylor, Jon Bostic, Chase Thomas(who I believe will be a good fit for both pass rush and run defense), or Shayne Skov.

Maybe even in the fourth round go defense again, though I'd try and get a RB if Mendenhall leaves.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I LOVED Worilds coming out. It's such a bummer that he hasn't been good, but his first step as a pass rusher is something special. I just hope he can put it all together.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I LOVED Worilds coming out. It's such a bummer that he hasn't been good, but his first step as a pass rusher is something special. I just hope he can put it all together.
Yes, he is so quick off the ball. It's soooo sexy. His problem is that he is always near making a play, but never does. He's starting to put it together, though. I just hope he stays healthy to be able to do it.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ike Taylor was getting beat like a drum last night too. It's not like he's slow or anything, his technique is just horrible. If I'm an OC I'm going at him all game long while Troy is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
If we did a sig bet, the Steelers would have won. It happens every year. lol.
Haha, I remembered about it at the last second yesterday, but I love my OMAM sig and my Jemaine avy too much to risk them!

Plus, I DEFINITELY jinx them when I do sig bets with you, so I'll bite for bullet this round. FOR THE GREATER GOOD!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Daily reminder: The Titans were one pick away from getting JPP.
And the Jags could have had JPP or Earl Thomas instead of Tyson Aulalu, maybe not relevant.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aqib Talib was suspended 4 games for adderall? That's pretty weak.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@AdamSchefter Bucs CB Aqib Talib has been suspended four games, starting Sunday vs. KC, for using Adderall. Talib does not plan to appeal his suspension.
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok we all realize it's not Adderall at this point right? It's steroids.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady Quinn is going to take advantage of this....
Old 10-13-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Ok we all realize it's not Adderall at this point right? It's steroids.
Care to elaborate?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The **** are you talking about, Zak? Adderall is not a growth hormone.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote