Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 10-13-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
I liked the WR pick. Walter is a rough #2, and it's not like they have any other glaring weaknesses. It's still a poor WR corps without AJ, so it doesn't matter how many of them they drafted recently.
Pft Lestar Jean will just step right in to Andre Johnson's shoes.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before I looked it up, I could only name 3 Texans receivers: Johnson, Walter and Devier Posey. And I could only name Posey because he almost ran Joe McKnight down on that kick return TD on MNF.

I don't think it was a bad pick. I would have preferred seeing it be a guy with #1 WR potential someday, but those types don't often fall to the end of the 2nd round.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Before I looked it up, I could only name 3 Texans receivers: Johnson, Walter and Devier Posey. And I could only name Posey because he almost ran Joe McKnight down on that kick return TD on MNF.

I don't think it was a bad pick. I would have preferred seeing it be a guy with #1 WR potential someday, but those types don't often fall to the end of the 2nd round.
That doesn't mean they don't have receivers.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans are tough to draft for. What do they really need? I like the value on Stills.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nt, S, Ilb.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on the Lions draft?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems I will be picking at 7 am, idk how I always end up with these picks on Saturday/Sunday mornings
Old 10-13-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
That doesn't mean they don't have receivers.
I know that, but it means the ones they do have aren't proven in any way.

Lestar Jean - 2nd year, Undrafted, 2 career receptions
DeVier Posey - Rookie, 3rd round pick, 0 career receptions
Keshawn Martin - Rookie, 4th round pick, 4 career receptions

That's not exactly a deep pool of reserves there. Throw in Kevin Walter who is 31 and not a real threat, and Andre Johnson who isn't his dominant self anymore, and there is room for improvement there.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Nt, S, Ilb.
Houston is barely in their base defense; starting nose tackle Shaun Cody has only played 88 snaps. Glover Quin and Danieal Manning are both playing well at safety; Manning is also fairly highly paid. Inside linebacker may work. I wouldn't rule out any of those possibilities, but do you want to upgrade on Cody's 88 snaps or Walter's 239?
Old 10-13-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know that, but it means the ones they do have aren't proven in any way.

Lestar Jean - 2nd year, Undrafted, 2 career receptions
DeVier Posey - Rookie, 3rd round pick, 0 career receptions
Keshawn Martin - Rookie, 4th round pick, 4 career receptions

That's not exactly a deep pool of reserves there. Throw in Kevin Walter who is 31 and not a real threat, and Andre Johnson who isn't his dominant self anymore, and there is room for improvement there.
I wanted to trade up to 20 to grab Woods but SP was asking the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Houston is barely in their base defense; starting nose tackle Shaun Cody has only played 88 snaps. Glover Quin and Danieal Manning are both playing well at safety; Manning is also fairly highly paid. Inside linebacker may work. I wouldn't rule out any of those possibilities, but do you want to upgrade on Cody's 88 snaps or Walter's 239?
It was honestly a BPA situation I think. I had OT, WR, NT, ILB and S as needs going in to this.

WR, OT and S screamed as bigger needs to me than the others but again this is coming from a Packer fan who happens to root for the Texans as a casual second favorite team.

I could have easily been wrong but that is what I saw as issues.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Your question assumes Stills will upgrade that when the goal is likely to develop one of the young WRs to do such. Stills was a fine pick, but an actual big body up front would help too and likely change the scheme a bit

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Your question assumes Stills will upgrade that when the goal is likely to develop one of the young WRs to do such. Stills was a fine pick, but an actual big body up front would help too and likely change the scheme a bit
Wade Phillips has always liked his (comparatively) undersized nose tackles, and the scheme seems to be succeeding just fine right now.

But anyway, it's not like there was some obvious fit at an obvious need to go there. If he thinks stills was BPA, then fine. The Texans just won the Superbowl in this scenario, they're allowed to do what they want.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston's run D is average. And maybe Shaun Cody is playing so few snaps because he is in fact, Shaun Cody? Perhaps a better NT would get more plays?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Reid is having a helluva day.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Eric Reid is having a helluva day.
Nice catch he gave up on 4th and 15 for a first down.... LOL.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-13-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wade Phillips has always liked his (comparatively) undersized nose tackles, and the scheme seems to be succeeding just fine right now.

But anyway, it's not like there was some obvious fit at an obvious need to go there. If he thinks stills was BPA, then fine. The Texans just won the Superbowl in this scenario, they're allowed to do what they want.
Wade had huge NTs in San Diego. Jamaal Williams was a mammoth. Ever since he adjusted to using Ratliff in Dallas, people think that's what he likes, but that was an exception. Plus, it was Parcells who first moved Ratliff to NT if my memory serves me right.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol Banks you can't cover Patterson
Old 10-13-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Nice catch he gave up on 4th and 15 for a first down.... LOL.
LOL. That was a soft spot in zone coverage and Reid nailed him to prevent a TD. That kind of physical momentum stop goes against the laws of physics.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picks for Tennessee so far: Jarvis Jones, Jake Matthews, Alvin Bailey

Picks for San Francisco so far: Jonathan Cooper, Jonathan Jenkins, Chase Thomas

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Pretty incredible drafts for both.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I feel like the Skov pick I made for the Chiefs was pretty awesome. Put him next to Derrick Johnson and have the makings of a very good front 7.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So what time is it in Australia?
Old 10-13-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills might move down from 72 let me know. Pm.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:52 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah, so redbills uses the pick I was gonna trade for to steal my guy. Thanks Argo. I guess with Porter and Bailey gone it's back to the drawing board.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
lol Banks you can't cover Patterson
Thats exactly why I picked him. Would be the best receiver from this class in a few years time.

I actually fell asleep at halftime, so i'll have to watch it, but I saw his super sexy kick off return.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote