Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-26-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barring a 20 game ranked win streak, I'll never get out of elo hell. Ever. Some of the people I play with...I lose faith in humanity, let's leave it at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone explain Runes to me. Do I need to buy 1 for every single spot or how does it work?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Can someone explain Runes to me. Do I need to buy 1 for every single spot or how does it work?
There's no point in buying Runes before level 20, because you'll have to replace them anyways. And yes, you need to be a rune for each slot. There are very in-depth Rune build guides out there, but basically just know your champions and what YOU like about them. For me, I absolutely hate long cooldowns, so I make sure to build CDR into my Mage/Bruiser runes so I can spam abilities.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have 3 rune pages right now. I still need a bunch of different runes, but the 3 I trot out there are:

9x Magic Pen Reds
9x Mana Regen Yellows
9x Mana Regen Blues (soon to be Ability Power/level)
3x Ability Power Quints
(this page is kind of fudged at the moment, but it's the one I have for AP casters)

9x Magic Pen Reds
9x Armor Yellows
9x Magic Resist Blues
3x Ability Power Quints
(I use this one on tanky AP characters or AP characters that don't use mana like Akali and soon Vlad - again, not an ideal rune page)

9x Armor Pen Reds
9x Armor Yellows
9x Magic Resist Blues
3x Armor Pen Quints
(AD champs and junglers)

The only highly recommended page for anyone is the third one. But some would say to swap Armor Pen for Attack Damage and Flat Magic Resist for Magic Resist/level.

I plan on buying in the future:
Attack Damage Reds and Quints
Ability Power/level Blues
Movement Speed Quints (jungle)
GP/10 Quints (support)
Magic Resist/level Blues

There are a few really good guides out there. I kind of fudged it up a little bit, but I get by pretty well with what I've got.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks guys. Probably gonna take me a while to build up some decent, versatile pages.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks guys. Probably gonna take me a while to build up some decent, versatile pages.
My first rune page was not optimal for any champion but potentially useful for most champs. I went with move speed boosts, Cooldown reduction, mana regen, health, etc. things that are pretty helpful for lots of guy
Old 08-27-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's one of the better guides. Always look for updated information, though. Theories change from month to month.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...and-more-24255
Old 08-27-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah that's what I figure. I'm gonna try and take Runes that help the positions I play the most.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I'm gunna buy Darius and Royal Guard Fiora this sale, plus I'm going to grab another champion with all the IP I've stored up. Thinking either Leona or Ziggs. Probably Leona, so I have a support I actually want to play.
Quote:
Old 08-28-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I'm gonna buy Darius too. He seems to be quite popular for some reason. I've never had much trouble with him though.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I play with the biggest ******* retards every ******* game. I honestly don't even enjoy playing ranked anymore. It's not fun. The people just ******* feed.
Quote:
Old 08-28-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Team NFLDC would never do that!

Old 08-31-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I play with the biggest ******* retards every ******* game. I honestly don't even enjoy playing ranked anymore. It's not fun. The people just ******* feed.
I think normal hidden Elo hell might be worse. I played some games with my low level friend and ran into a ton of derps. I've been such with level 30 derps for a bit now. Almost out, I think. Been tempted to start ranked even though I need more runes just to get away from these people.

Last edited by nepg : 08-31-2012 at 04:04 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:00 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

We need to have a ranked match soon...

Old 09-09-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone play competitively with/as a team or looking for a team? I'm looking for a jungler if anyone is interested or against other teams for scrims/practice.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

People suck so much. I was going 12/2/3 running mid like a boss as Karthus and my team surrenders in less than 30 minutes. 3 of my team got beat by a single vayne and they all had near full health.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna play with people that dont suck.... Our team will never get a game in it seems, just never on at the same time.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I wanna play with people that dont suck.... Our team will never get a game in it seems, just never on at the same time.
If we can organize some real, set playing times, I am in. I've got a ton of spare time right now with my MA being easy as all hell, so I'm free.
Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I usually queue with a few friends as we're trying to start a team, but if they aren't on I can always play with you guys. I main the position no one EVER wants to play =p Support

Old 09-11-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Since I bought Leona, I'll play any position, any time.
Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Someone take the initiative and organise a time. Someone who isn't me.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Since I bought Leona, I'll play any position, any time.
Leona is my favorite support as well. The support I feel I can actually carry the game with. Lost a few games in a row, Leona kill lane. Just so good, so fun.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

How about one night next week we set up a time when at least 5 of us can get on? We did pretty well last time I remember playing as a group so maybe we can keep that going.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

World Finals has been awesome so far. Watching it on my second monitor with UFC 153 on the primary.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bumpity Bump.

I'm freaking pro as Singed.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote