Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 10-09-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 6 - Lions (+5) at Eagles

Make a prediction and discuss the game.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions better force turnovers or they will lose big. Philly Dline brings it and they have a secondary that can cover so our passing game will be challenged big time. Hopefully Week 3 LeShoure and run blocking shows up too and Reid somehow abandons the run game like he does sometimes.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to be hopeful, because they don't deserve it after the past couple of weeks. However, I feel good about our dline against Philly and our ability to get to Michael Vick. Bottle up LeSean and I'm comfortable letting Vick try to beat us. We're going to need a strong running game this week because Nnamdi still scares me.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DRC has been playing well this year. Nnamdi not as much but Allen and Coleman have improved at safety for the Eagles. DeMeco Ryans have given them a big boast as well at LB. They only allow 17 PPG and bring a ton of pressure with their wide 9(despite only 7 sacks) so offensively the Lions better bring their A game. I'm most worried about Trent Cole(who usually beats Backus) and Babin disrupting our passing.

I'm worried about McCoy. He killed the 2010 Lions Week 2. But we've updgraded at LB since then. DeSean Jackson had a big game too picking on Wade. Hopefully the rookie Bentley fares much better. Lions need to bring pressure to avoid big plays and keep it close.

Almost must win game due to our special teams and redzone execution in Week 3 and 4. Having to win at Soldier Field would be really bad right now with how the Bears have looked.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bentley has been good at sticking to receivers but he isn't turning his head and keeps getting called for pass interference. Well at least one of the calls he got covering Jerome Simpson was iffy.

The word is we will find out about Best on Friday. I'm not getting my hopes up but he could really change the course of the season.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Bentley has been good at sticking to receivers but he isn't turning his head and keeps getting called for pass interference. Well at least one of the calls he got covering Jerome Simpson was iffy.

The word is we will find out about Best on Friday. I'm not getting my hopes up but he could really change the course of the season.
Agreed on Bentley that will come as a rookie. Houston has been playing well this year.

I agree on Best. If Best plays you can't play a 2 deep zone because Best can break off the big one catching the ball underneath. Hopefully it's not too little too late when he comes back. The last 2 losses are going to bug me all year I think though, can't imagine how the players feel.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picked us to win...but I don't know why.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Run The ******* Ball!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-14-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Terrible game management, and timidness in the red zone. How do they not trust LeShoure in short distance?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-14-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish the lions could just have a string of non-dramatic wins where they control the majority of the game.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

and that Stafford and the offense can actually show up in the first 3 quarters.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Down by 10 in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes to go and they pull out the win. If they want back in this season then the game against Chicago is a must win.

If Broyles is healthy I want to see him out there, Titus has laid a giant turd this year.

The defensive line stepped up today. Fairley and Avril had a good game. Shut down McCoy and hit Vick all day.

Overall, it was a good day. Still, this team does some things that drive me nuts.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:52 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since the Texans had the night game, I went to Hooters to watch this game. I bet on Detroit and I left after the Eagles had the break away td at the end to go up 10. Then when I got home I checked my fantasy team and saw they were tied. I found a stream online just in time to see Hanson kick the game winning FG. I couldn't believe it.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Overall, it was a good day. Still, this team does some things that drive me nuts.
Constantly throwing the ball on 3rd and short.
Logan not knowing that there was a defender right behind him.
Forgetting about the running game.
Stafford missing Pettigrew when he was wide open.
Holding penalty on Sims.
Not thinking touchdown in the red zone to finish the game.
Slow to get the play call in during the 4th quarter.
Calvin even had a pretty unnecessary push off in the end zone.

Thank god that Delmas is back.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Constantly throwing the ball on 3rd and short.
Logan not knowing that there was a defender right behind him.
Forgetting about the running game.
Stafford missing Pettigrew when he was wide open.
Holding penalty on Sims.
Not thinking touchdown in the red zone to finish the game.
Slow to get the play call in during the 4th quarter.
Calvin even had a pretty unnecessary push off in the end zone.

Thank god that Delmas is back.
Over threw Scheffler on a easy TD.

I agree, Leshoure was running the ball well early on and they just went away from it. They have been terrible in the red zone this year. It was 6-0 when it should have been 14-0.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
Over threw Scheffler on a easy TD.

I agree, Leshoure was running the ball well early on and they just went away from it. They have been terrible in the red zone this year. It was 6-0 when it should have been 14-0.
Yeah that Gosder personal foul penalty was dumb on the second FG drive. That is what ended that.

16 penalties is inexusable. Lions redzone D did well stopping the Eagles twice in the 3rd Quarter. Game over if that doesn't happen.