Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to sleep now. Hopefully when I wake up the 49ers are off to a great start.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game starts in 3 hours. That's plenty of sleepy time.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Came out looking great, defense has looked flat and as though we cannot keep up with their WRs.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-14-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just woke up and checked the score right before the half ended. Damn I though it would be a better result. Hopefully the 49ers take control of the second half.

Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli has all day to throw and the Giants receivers are making some sick catches. Not a good combination for us
Old 10-14-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First quarter all looked great but since then its really bad all around.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty bad
Old 10-14-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what a cluster-****

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-14-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Terrible game by the whole team. Missed field goals, no pressure on Eli, Smith making terrible forced throws, the offensive line being awful. Even Bradshaw got 100+ yards.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first quarter was fun.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Well at least the Cardinals, to the Bills no less, and Rams lost. One of two things is going to happen Thursday. We are either going to be very angry and destroy them or we are going to be very sulky and struggle mightily.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem early in the game was missed opportunities and dumb coaching. That long pass that Manningham almost had, inserting Kaepernick for plays that caught nobody offguard, 2 missed FG's.

In the 2nd half, it was a big ST's return and a big rushing TD given up. Then 2 straight turnovers by Alex completely deflated the team. Then Rogers drops a pick that at the least, takes points off the board. May have had a shot at a big return (it was after 1 of Alex's INT's).

The worst play of the game? 4th and 15 inside the opponents 35, Alex throws 2 yards past the line of scrimmage. Unbelievably awful.

Some things to keep in mind- we've played 2 games against teams with winning records. The combined score in both games is 50-16, both losses by the 49ers. Anytime we face a winning team we look completely awful.

Now we face a Seahawks team thats riding sky high after upsetting the Patriots.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Few thoughts...

Honestly, I'm not mad that we loss. Don't want to lose in that fashion but we needed this loss. We dont respond well as front-runners. We beat GB and Detroit, everyone is singing our praises. We respond by coming flat and lackluster against the Vikes. We steamroll the Jets and the Bills. Everyone is again singing our praises. We respond again, by another lackluster performance. Give the G-Men credit, they beat us up and down the field. But it just seems like we react better when ppl doubt us. And there will be ppl lined up to doubt us now. This team needs to learn how to respond better when the target is on you. Its just one bad game in October so I dont want to over-react too much but we have too much talent to lose like this.

I dont know what got into Alex but he was not himself today. Every int was a throw that Alex usually NEVER ever attempts. He never forces things and Im not sure why he felt like today was the day to start but he needs to remember the kind of play got him the success he had experienced up until today.

And as much as I like the WildKap, Roman was very reckless with it today. You dont sub out Alex after he just throws a 60 yard bomb to Moss to put us in scoring position. That's just a horrible decision. They need to be more selective with that package. Alot of times it seems to kill momentum, especially after a big play. Going into half-time was the perfect situation for it because most teams are expecting read-option to just run out the clock. But I dont like watching Alex convert a nice 3rd down throw, only to see him sit on the sideline for two plays. QBs need to get a rhythm going and that's the sure way kill a QB's rhythm.

And its very evident, this is a team that cant come from behind. Our offense isn't geared for it. Our passing offense works off our running game. We're not built to pass the ball 50 times. That's why its critical our QB doesn't turn the ball over like he did today. Maybe down the line the passing game will evolve but as for now, we HAVE to run the ball and stick with it for Roman and Alex to be at their best.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That just sucked on so many levels. I'd only use Kap near the goalline, I'm tired of the momentum/rhythm being killed.

Alex sucked today, what a suckfest. I know it wasn't his fault we got behind, but a good QB needs to bring the team back at home vs. a good team...he failed. crap, that sucked. The D couldn't stop Eli at all either in the first half, bleh.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Plenty of suck everywhere on the 49ers. Even things that are usually great, like Akers and the kickoffs coverage, were bad. The biggest problems were the lack of pressure on Eli, if you give any QB that much time they are going to beat you, and Alex Smith and the offensive line. The only offensive lineman that I don't remember having at least a couple of terrible plays was Staley, and he didn't even play the whole game. Smith's interceptions were just terrible decisions.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

We got smoked. I haz a sad.

But, hey, knowing Giants fans, we won't hear about this for the rest of the season. Not a word.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:

But, hey, knowing Giants fans, we won't hear about this for the rest of the season. Not a word.
Obligatory

Old 10-14-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Obligatory

Yeah. That last line was dipped in sarcasm then topped with whipped sarcasm and also, sprinkles.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I know I personally don't care. It's not like our fan base built this up as a rematch and let's get revenge. It was just another game and honestly one I thought we'd get blown out in. Good we got the win, but who cares. On to the next game.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I know I personally don't care. It's not like our fan base built this up as a rematch and let's get revenge. It was just another game and honestly one I thought we'd get blown out in. Good we got the win, but who cares. On to the next game.
It's cool for you to go onto the next game now.

Last edited by Borat : 10-14-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one will be talking about this game come December. Too much football left to panic. One thing I saw today that I thought I would never see....our D-Line wore down in the 4th quarter and got mauled. That's usually what we do to other teams but it was evident their O-Line wore us down late. It may be time to look at some sort of rotation as we see the defense getting up there in snaps on gameday. Almost like pitch count for the guys upfront. Those ints added to their workload so I think we need some kind of rotation, as all our front 7 guys play in our base and nickel package aside from Ice. That's unheard of and something we need to take into account when they see alot of snaps.

And I totally underestimated Haralson's injury in the grand scheme of things. Last year, we had three primary pass-rushers in Haralson, Brooks, and Aldon. This year we only have two in Aldon and Brooks and they are both are playing every down, as they are our ends in the nickel. We need to keep these guys fresh and we're lacking a effective 3rd option behind them, so these guys are playing virtually every snap on defense with no rest. These guys are really twenner OLB/DEs than true DEs so I think they're wearing down the more snaps they see later in games.

But its not the end of the world though. Fans have to put these early losses into perspective. The Ravens won today but they lost Ray Lewis for the year with a torn tricep. Lost LaDarius Webb for the year with a torn ACL. And Ngata sprained his MCL and is out for a few weeks. It could always be worst.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-14-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I didn't think the defensive front was playing very good to begin with. They weren't getting dominated in the running game early on but they could not generate any type of pass rush from start to finish
Old 10-14-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I didn't think the defensive front was playing very good to begin with. They weren't getting dominated in the running game early on but they could not generate any type of pass rush from start to finish
Because the Giants were running the ball decent enough and they had to respect the run. You have to understand, they were doubling and chipping Aldon and the inside guys didnt push the pocket in front of Eli well enough. Eli needs pressure in his face to affect him. He had a clean pocket to step up into because we couldn't push the pocket with four and when we did blitz up the middle, he was beating us with the hot reads and moving the chains. We got out-schemed today. When we dont dominate the run game, it effects our defense because we still have to respect the run on play-action and in certain formations we have to look for a run call. We didnt dominate early. We had some 'no gains' but the Giants kept sticking with it and getting a few good gains here and there and that was just enough for us to not be able to pin our ears back.

And you really have to give Eli credit, he made some ridiculous accurate throws where guys had great coverage. That kind of put the defense on its heels. We're not going to dominate every Sunday. You had a hot QB and team able to keep us honest with a run game. And we're throwing ints to give them short fields. I mean we forced our share of punts. Eli didn't even throw for 200 yards. But this defense has to stop the run effectively as it did last year. And this is a offense that absolutely, positively, can not turn the ball over. We had ONE game last year where we turned the ball over 3 times or more. We've already had two games this year where we did and we're only 6 games in. And this year, we're dropping pick 6's instead of taking them to the house and changing the momentum of games. Whitner dropped a sure pick 6 against the Vikes, Rogers dropped one today.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-14-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

As bad as I feel now, I have to live with the knowledge that once Dan finishes with this game, I'm going to feel 10 times worse.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Damn I just saw the result. Good thing I didn't lose that much sleep over this disgrace of a performance. I'm really curious to see what the future holds. I'm not going to even download the actual broadcasted game. I saw the highlights and it just looked dreadful. Especially that pass on 4th down and 15. That is vintage Alex and I don't know why he does that. You need to give your receivers a chance to make a play. Honestly I hope the media asks him what he was thinking on the throw. I'd really like to know what his response would be. Alex's interceptions just looked terrible decisions. Really, I'm wondering if this guy is ever going to have a consistently good year. Or if he's ever going to dominate a decent to good defense with his arm. If the run game and/or defense falters for a prolonged period of time, can Alex deliver? Can he consistently bring a team from behind into a game? I don't think so. I'm guessing this is the best he'll ever get which is a sad, sad reality. This makes last week's performance against the Bills a fraudulent event.

Apparently the defense played flat as well. Whatever. I'm more concerned about our offense. It's an offensive league and you need an offense to compete. It was unrealistic to expect our defense to dominate like it did last year. Everyone essentially had a career year.

Meanwhile, Russell Wilson dominates against the Patriots as a rookie.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-14-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Closed Thread