Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Patriots Draft

With the 2012 NFL Draft in the books it's time to turn our attention to the 2013 NFL Draft. SI has posted its first mock draft where we get Star Lotulelei. This is my dream scenario at this point since I'd love to stay in the 4-3 and add a dynamic presence next to Wilfork. I think he'll end up being a top 10 player though. As for my wish list for next year's draft check my sig throughout the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Lester falling to the 3rd round seems unrealistic.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
Why is that exactly? He has limited athletic ability and inconsistent tackling ability so that might push him further down. Especially in what looks to be a strong safety class next year. I'm currently working on my pre season rankings and for safeties they look like this:

S
1. David Amerson, North Carolina State Wolfpack #1
2. Eric Reid, LSU Tigers #
3. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas Longhorns #
4. Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma Sooners #
5. Bacarri Rambo, Georgia Bulldogs #
6. Tyrann Mathieu, LSU Tigers #7
7. Matt Elam, Florida Gators #
8. TJ McDonald, USC Trojans #
9. Robert Lester, Alabama Crimson Tide #
10. Ray Ray Armstrong, Miami Hurricans #26

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Last edited by Razor : 05-03-2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Grammar fail
Old 05-03-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Why is that exactly? He has limited athletic ability and inconsistent tackling ability so that might push him further down. Especially in what looks to be a strong safety class next year. I'm currently working on my pre season rankings and for safeties they look like this:

S
Where would Tavon Wilson rank in there?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pretty nice that we get a premiere player that low. Premiere? you ask... yes. Todd McShay thinks he might go #1 overall.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Where would Tavon Wilson rank in there?
I'm pretty sure he'd be number one due to his special teams capabilities... ;)

I'm working on my rankings right and tweaking here and there. My hope is to post a top ten for each position within a month or so but the depends on how things are going with my masters thesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
That's pretty nice that we get a premiere player that low. Premiere? you ask... yes. Todd McShay thinks he might go #1 overall.
I'm not sure who you're talking about, but if it's Lester Todd McShay is officially insane.

Quote:

Last edited by Razor : 05-04-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:00 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sure who you're talking about, but if it's Lester Todd McShay is officially insane.
Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:01 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
So does Barrett Jones (OT, Alabama) being anywhere near where NE drafts in the first round.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So does Barrett Jones (OT, Alabama) being anywhere near where NE drafts in the first round.
And if we go back one year having Fletcher Cox in the top 15 and Coples and Paige-Moss out of the top 15 was idiocy defined. Barrett is moving to center this year and will likely be drafted as an interior OL. Bama has a studly O-line this year with Cyrus Kouandjio moving to LT. So let's not pretend like it's out of the realm of possibility that we get Jones.

Quote:
Old 05-04-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
And if we go back one year having Fletcher Cox in the top 15 and Coples and Paige-Moss out of the top 15 was idiocy defined. Barrett is moving to center this year and will likely be drafted as an interior OL. Bama has a studly O-line this year with Cyrus Kouandjio moving to LT. So let's not pretend like it's out of the realm of possibility that we get Jones.
He is??? He was a premiere LT...

Old 05-04-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He is??? He was a premiere LT...

I know, but CK is a huge, athletic LT that they can't have on the bench. Between CK, Jones, Fluker and Warmack that's probably the best OL in the NCAA although Vols has a lot of talent as well.

Quote:
Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm currently working on my pre season rankings and for safeties they look like this:

S
I'd list Amerson as a corner over safety. He played all over the field for NC State, but I think his best games came at boundary corner.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking New England will go for a wide receiver in this upcoming draft unless there is a top five-technique available. A cornerback would make sense as well if Devin McCourty has another poor season or Ras-I Dowling ends up on I.R. again.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I'm interested to see how our guard situation shakes out. We could easily be targeting one of them in the first as well.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barrett Jones is a guy who I like a lot. He can play all over the line and is just a beast. Keep looking at the Bama and LSU guys, the next few years they will continue to churn out top notch NFL talent.
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how we finally picked a lot of guys from big football schools this year. Bama, Ohio State, Nebraska, and Illinois/Syracuse to an extent. This draft was so uncharacteristic of our recent drafts but I like it.
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:14 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd list Amerson as a corner over safety. He played all over the field for NC State, but I think his best games came at boundary corner.
I have him listed as my top corner as well, but like Malcolm Jenkins I think some teams will look at him as a FS.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm interested to see how our guard situation shakes out. We could easily be targeting one of them in the first as well.
I think the interior depth looks pretty strong this year (PFF 2011 +/- in parenthesis):

LG: Logan Mankins (0.4) - Robert Gallery (-21.5) - Ryan Wendell (5.1)

C: Dan Connolly (-3.1) - Dan Koppen (5.6*) - Nick McDonald (0.5)

RG: Brian Waters (20.2) - Marcus Cannon (0.1) - Donald Thomas (0.3)

* denotes 2010

Wendell is the real surprise on that list for me, he played very well over 360 snaps and played LG, C, RG, and even one at FB. Gallery's grade is terrible (especially considering he missed four games) and makes me wonder if the Patriots wouldn't be better off cutting him and moving forwards with six interior linemen (Mankins, Wendell, Connolly, Koppen, Waters, Cannon.) Dante Scarnecchia may be able to do something with Gallery but focusing on developing a 32 year-old offensive lineman may be a waste of time when there are some promising backups on the team with a lot of experience in the system. Wendell and Connolly can play guard or center and Cannon can play guard or right tackle so there is some versatility on the Patriots' line.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'm thinking New England will go for a wide receiver in this upcoming draft unless there is a top five-technique available. A cornerback would make sense as well if Devin McCourty has another poor season or Ras-I Dowling ends up on I.R. again.
I doubt that BB would go back to the 3-4 given his selections in this year's draft. I think safety will be high on the list of needs next year too, but receiver is my number one need for this team going into this season. Ocho is probably going to get cut, Branch might be gone too. Welker is playing a dangerous game right now and I'm starting to doubt whether BB will want him back unless it's a very team friendly deal. Lloyd has reportedly looked great in OTAs, but even if he's a great receiver this year for us we need something across from him. I really like Marquess Wilson right now. I think he could fall a bit if he doesn't live up to what he did last year, but I really like his long frame, deceptive speed and very good hands. His ability to make plays on the sideline and in the end zone intrigues the **** out of me. Of course there are other, bigger names at receiver next year, but I doubt that we'll have a shot at Woods, Allen or Hunter (if he's declaring). Da'rick Rodgers is an interesting name for us, so is Tavon Austin. From my point of view next year's receiver class could shape up to be extremely good wrt. classical number one receivers, but also other types. And since safety and WR looks to be our greatest needs I hope BB will make a splash again next year and secure some talent for us.

At this point I'm all for trading Welker mid season if he hasn't signed a new deal yet. If we can get a second rounder for him I'd be thrilled.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 05:42 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, with a week of the NFL season gone and two of college football what do you guys think right now?

I gotta believe the Pats will target an interior offensive lineman early in the draft. Chance Warmack, Barrett Jones and Khaled Holmes should all be close to the range the Pats are picking in the first.

Although one guy to keep an eye on is Bjoern Werner. He would be a base LE for the Pats and a huge upgrade over Ninkovich and give us a studly d-line of Jones, Wilfork, Love and Werner.

Thoughts?

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:55 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I think we're pretty much in agreement Antoin. :) My priority list right now would be:

1. Interior OL
2. LDE
3. WR
4. Safety
5. Offensive tackle

Obviosuly it looks like we in the bottom of the first come april, so players that I like who look like they're going in that range would be:
Bjoern Werner (a slight reach)
Marquess Wilson
Robert Woods (maybe)

Chance Warmack and Barrett Jones are my early personal favorites, but I think they'll be long gone when we're making our first pick unfortunately. :(

Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

So... Which SS do you guys want come april? Chung is a complete disaster.

Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't matter. Ebner and Wilson both at S at the same time is unacceptable.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Yeah, that was a bad call. However, all DBs besides Wilson looked like horseshit today. This was just a terrible effort by the DBs.

Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, that was a bad call. However, all DBs besides Wilson looked like horseshit today. This was just a terrible effort by the DBs.
Except Ras-I Dowling...

*frustrated*