Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
As bad as I feel now, I have to live with the knowledge that once Dan finishes with this game, I'm going to feel 10 times worse.
might want to change your location, we dont play defense

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-14-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Plenty of suck everywhere on the 49ers. Even things that are usually great, like Akers and the kickoffs coverage, were bad. The biggest problems were the lack of pressure on Eli, if you give any QB that much time they are going to beat you, and Alex Smith and the offensive line. The only offensive lineman that I don't remember having at least a couple of terrible plays was Staley, and he didn't even play the whole game. Smith's interceptions were just terrible decisions.
Just like I said earlier, the pass rush was garbage. Zero sacks is inexcusable. I don't care how many "pressures" or whatever stat is floating out there. It's about finishing in this league. Get the dude on the ******* ground. Who was the last team that was praised for having a ****** sack total, yet a good amount of pressures, or what I like to call "ghost sacks"?

Meanwhile, the Giants delievered after being doubted in their pass rushing which was questioned by the media.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 10-15-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-15-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-15-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
And here I thought Alex Smith had arrived after having a career game against the Bills. Then the very next week the Giants smack reality back into my face.

Damn the entire time on the plane I was thinking about how the 49ers could come back into the second half after the last score I had seen was the Giants leading 10 - 6, and when I get back into Macau I'll check the result and hopefully the 49ers had one. Lame.

Oh and LOL at Alex trying to be more than he actually is. Dude, you're not Drew Brees. Stop trying to gun that **** in there dumbfuck.
Every time you think Alex turns the corner...he doesn't. Look at that Seahawks game in 2006 where he had that beastly 4th quarter. Didn't play that well after. The Saints game last year, follows that up with the Giants game. The Bills game this year, the Giants game today.

Alex is who he is. He's inconsistent. And as long he's our QB the passing game won't be the biggest factor in our wins. If we don't get ahead early our pass game just falls apart against good teams. I think we have to accept who Alex is, and that at times he'll have some good games but he'll also have some average to bad games.

By my count, he's had 3 good (Packers, Lions, Bills) and 3 bad (Vikings, Jets, Giants) games this year.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Every time you think Alex turns the corner...he doesn't. Look at that Seahawks game in 2006 where he had that beastly 4th quarter. Didn't play that well after. The Saints game last year, follows that up with the Giants game. The Bills game this year, the Giants game today.

Alex is who he is. He's inconsistent. And as long he's our QB the passing game won't be the biggest factor in our wins. If we don't get ahead early our pass game just falls apart against good teams. I think we have to accept who Alex is, and that at times he'll have some good games but he'll also have some average to bad games.

By my count, he's had 3 good (Packers, Lions, Bills) and 3 bad (Vikings, Jets, Giants) games this year.

Well the good news is that we only signed him to a three year deal. He'll be gone soon if he doesn't get his act together. It's a lot harder to find a franchise quarterback than anything.

Yes he's inconsistent and I as a fan am going to remember this game for a long time. Probably until the playoffs, which is when I'll really start to worry. I don't see Alex performing well enough to erase this disaster of a day. He just can't dominate against good defenses. This was the first good defense he's played this season and he choked. Plus he takes way too many sacks for my taste. I always cringe when Alex throws a ball instead of sit back with confidence assuming that it most likely be a completion for a nice gain. I'm assuming it will be most likely be a mistake. When Alex scores, I'm surprised. When he scores against a good defense, I'm even more surprised.

The Seahawks are another good defense coming up and the 49ers could be staring at a 4-3 record. We'll see how Alex does against them, but I'm guessing he'll choke again and confirm my thoughts. Especially on a short week. I'm pretty skeptical from here on out. Maybe Harbaugh is trying his best to give Alex the chance to take over a game and it's just failing.

Now that I think of it, what was the last good defense Alex Smith had a great game against, if ever? I want to say the Steelers from last year, but he didn't dominate in that game. Same with Seattle.

Special Note: When it's 4th and 15 with the game slipping away, you don't throw a two yard dump off pass to Vernon Davis. That was all on Alex and it was just a stupid decision. Someone blindfolded literally might have a better chance. All they have to do is throw the ball beyond 15 yards to give someone a chance at converting. Doesn't matter if it's picked off at that point. The main thing is that you tried. Just seemed like the 49ers gave up the game and wanted to hit the showers early.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-15-2012 at 04:15 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
But its not the end of the world though. Fans have to put these early losses into perspective. The Ravens won today but they lost Ray Lewis for the year with a torn tricep. Lost LaDarius Webb for the year with a torn ACL. And Ngata sprained his MCL and is out for a few weeks. It could always be worst.
Right, the Ravens defense has suffered a serious blow, but their offense can still deliver. It's not that bad as it seems for the 5-1 Ravens. Their defense has been inconsistent all season long, but the offense has still kept them in the games. This isn't the case for the 49ers. Could you imagine of the 49ers lost a few of their susperstars on defense and the burden of winning shifted mostly to the offense? It would be ugly.

Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Hilarious comments on the 49ers main board.

Quote:
The loss was for all the lamers that waved Alex's flag and had the audacity to call him elite.

Alex Smith SUCKS. We cannot and will not win a Super Bowl with him. Period. End of story.
Quote:
One thing Kaepernick has over Alex, he doesn't look terrified.
Quote:
OMGZ!!! ALEX SMIFF SMOKED DA GIANTZ SOOOOO BADZ!!!

Alex Smith is who we thought he is. A game manager that can't go outside the script.

Alex Smith is safe sex. CK7 is raw doggin. Just put him in to see what he can do. We all know what Alex can do if the script is not perfect....NOTHING!!!
Quote:
Both of these QB's are horrible. Im telling you, this team has serious problems at the most important position on the field.
Quote:
LOL..you fans are bipolar. I told you all. LAST WEEK WAS AN ALEX SMITH FOG(Flash Of Greatness).

Unrealistic to believe that you can win a championship with this QB. Unless we have historic defense and special teams.....which we don't.
Quote:
Let me guess Alex Lovers.... it was the defense's fault?

no wait, it was the OLine?

no wait, it was the receivers dropping the ball?

no wait, it was him "losing rhythm" because Kaep came in?

no wait, it was the play calling?

no wait, it was bad coaching?

Same stories for 7 years.

And if you expect the defense to play well when the offense stinks so bad and they stay on the field the entire second half of the game, then you are out of it.
Quote:
True but he went 4/7 and had 83 yards, 11 yards avg for a 98 rating. I like to see more like a series or two.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-15-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:44 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Few thoughts...

Honestly, I'm not mad that we loss. Don't want to lose in that fashion but we needed this loss. We dont respond well as front-runners. We beat GB and Detroit, everyone is singing our praises. We respond by coming flat and lackluster against the Vikes. We steamroll the Jets and the Bills. Everyone is again singing our praises. We respond again, by another lackluster performance. Give the G-Men credit, they beat us up and down the field. But it just seems like we react better when ppl doubt us. And there will be ppl lined up to doubt us now. This team needs to learn how to respond better when the target is on you. Its just one bad game in October so I dont want to over-react too much but we have too much talent to lose like this.
This team does have a lot of talent. Maybe the Giants just had a good game plan and luck was on their side, or maybe the league is starting to figure out San Francisco's bag of tricks. Force Alex Smith to beat you and you'll probably win the game, assuming you're a decent a team.

Quote:
And its very evident, this is a team that cant come from behind. Our offense isn't geared for it. Our passing offense works off our running game. We're not built to pass the ball 50 times. That's why its critical our QB doesn't turn the ball over like he did today. Maybe down the line the passing game will evolve but as for now, we HAVE to run the ball and stick with it for Roman and Alex to be at their best.
Perhaps that is how this team should be built. Honestly you shouldn't built your team around a strong run game now and days. Doesn't make sense with the rules in place. It's a passing league. And as long as you have a QB, a real QB, you'll have a chance in any game at any time. New Orleans is what, 1-4, but if I was a Saints fan I'd still feel confident going into any game regardless of how terrible the defense is because I have one guy named Drew Brees. The team can give up 25 points, and he'll put up 30. The run game can suck and he'll put up big numbers. The team can turn the ball over 3 times, and the game is still within reach.

It's really an unsettling reality when you know what your best chance of consistently winning is only going to be because of the run game. What happens when the run game gets stopped or the defense doesn't show up for several games or is inconsistent. Then it will fall on Alex's shoulders, and well...I just don't see that ending well.

Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 05:04 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
And this is a offense that absolutely, positively, can not turn the ball over. We had ONE game last year where we turned the ball over 3 times or more. We've already had two games this year where we did and we're only 6 games in. And this year, we're dropping pick 6's instead of taking them to the house and changing the momentum of games. Whitner dropped a sure pick 6 against the Vikes, Rogers dropped one today.
And this is just sad. Because then now you're playing scared. You're playing not to lose the game instead of playing to win it. The offense, in particular the quarterback, needs to get better to the point that if you have a turnover or two the game isn't completely over when there is still plenty of time to play.

Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 05:55 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that has concerns me with the defense this season is the lack of a rotation. It seems like the same 11-12 guys are the only ones who play defense. We need to start rotating d-line
Old 10-15-2012, 05:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

By the way why does Alex NEVER pump fake? He's pumped fake like twice in two years.

Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 06:24 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
By the way why does Alex NEVER pump fake? He's pumped fake like twice in two years.
Well yesterday it is not like he had much time to. The Giants were on him as soon as he got the snap.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Well yesterday it is not like he had much time to. The Giants were on him as soon as he got the snap.
Right, but he's had good protection at various points in time. The protection isn't always bad to the point that it's impossible to pump fake.

These small things are just really frustrating to swallow with Alex, because he seems like a smart guy that isn't prone to lapses in common sense. Never pump faking or throwing a ball two yards when it's 4th and 15...I just don't understand the "logic" behind things like this. Maybe his head isn't always in the game. What is troubling is those two specific things have happened more than a couple of times each.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-15-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand the point of even having Vernon Davis, by far our most dangerous receiving threat, running a two-yard route on 4th and 15. I don't remember who our other receivers in on that play were but do we really want anyone else getting the ball on 4th and 15? Besides, if Alex Smith throws it deep into coverage there and it is an interception we are probably criticizing him even more.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I don't understand the point of even having Vernon Davis, by far our most dangerous receiving threat, running a two-yard route on 4th and 15. I don't remember who our other receivers in on that play were but do we really want anyone else getting the ball on 4th and 15? Besides, if Alex Smith throws it deep into coverage there and it is an interception we are probably criticizing him even more.
Yeah I don't know why in the world a receiver is running that kind of route on 4th and 15.

If Alex throws a 4th interception at that point though, big deal. Who cares. The game is over if the pass is incomplete anyways. I'd rather him throw a pick than throw a two yard out pattern with 13 more yards to convert on a 4th. Hell, I'd rather have Smith take a sack looking for someone down the field than do what he did.

Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Complaining about the 4th and 15 play is ********.

3 min left and down 20.

I'm sure the yahoos would be very understanding of a play where a Vernon or someone is 20 yards down the field and goes for a pass and gets injured.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
Complaining about the 4th and 15 play is ********.

3 min left and down 20.

I'm sure the yahoos would be very understanding of a play where a Vernon or someone is 20 yards down the field and goes for a pass and gets injured.
It's football. Injuries happen at any time. That's not an excuse for throwing a two yard out on 4th and 15. And this isn't the first time it's happened either when the 49ers need to convert a mile, aren't backed up in their own territory, and a dump off pass is thrown. Makes zero sense.

So the 49ers shouldn't throw deep and try to convert and try to do the best they can to come back because someone could get hurt? In a professional football game?

The 49ers shouldn't have even thrown the ball then and just gave up at that point. Maybe taken a knee. Yeah I'm sure that would have made things a lot better.

Let's not pretend like any player or coach can do no wrong here.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-15-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

The fans would care if he threw a pick there. Even more than are currently screaming for Kaepernick would be doing so. The thing is, though, Kaepernick taking that bad sack after the long ball to Moss put us in the long fourth down
Old 10-15-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
The fans would care if he threw a pick there. Even more than are currently screaming for Kaepernick would be doing so. The thing is, though, Kaepernick taking that bad sack after the long ball to Moss put us in the long fourth down
Yeah, but who cares what the casual fan thinks. Most fans are idiots. I'd say 20% of any team's "fans" are probably worth talking to.

Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is a perfect excuse.

You save your bullets for later.

It is utterly moronic to expose players to big risk with a 1% chance of winning that game.

And maybe would could of scored the 1 TD and then used 1 of our best 2-pt plays that you should keep in your back pocket for when you really need it.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that was a result of the pressure not letting the play fully develop. Looked like Vernon was trying to get to the sideline to cut up field on that wheel route that burned NO in the playoffs. Still have issues with a play call that takes that long to develop on 4th and 15 with the pressure we were getting, but that looked like a play that didn't get to develop.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
It is a perfect excuse.

You save your bullets for later.

It is utterly moronic to expose players to big risk with a 1% chance of winning that game.

And maybe would could of scored the 1 TD and then used 1 of our best 2-pt plays that you should keep in your back pocket for when you really need it.
Right then. So you agree. They should have just taken a knee and head to the showers early. Great idea.

Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw the game for the most part but since I was watching with my girlfriend and she wasnt feeling well, the game didnt mean much if anything to me.

All I will say is that we got our asses kicked, plain and simple. Dont mind the loss as long as we beat SEA and ARZ the next two weeks. I'll be happy.

Harbaugh needs to make a decision though - stay with Smith or trade him and go with Kaepernick. After that pass to Moss, it went all downhill in terms of any possible comeback. Smith forced passes but when he sees Kapernick with a stonger and better arm get playing time, I cant really blame him. The team sucked from top to bottom but whatever.

If losing to the Giants means that we'll beat SEA and ARZ, its a trade that I'll happily accept. If we lose to SEA and/or ARZ, then we have some serious problems.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I literally heard a 49er fan use this reasoning for why we should bench Alex Smith, I am paraphrasing.

"If you force Alex to play from 2+ scores behind, put some pressure on him and just take away Vernon Davis he crumbles."

Breaking news: Force a QB into a must-pass situation, take away his only receiving threat and generate pressure without blitzing and the QB will play poorly. I have called every defensive coordinator in the NFL to let them know of this strategy.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 10-15-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Closed Thread