Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-10-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
T'eo could easily fall. He's an ILB that's been on the radar for 5 years now. Those types of players tend to last into the 2nd round for some reason.
You mean like Luke Kuechly?

Aren't you the guy who told me that Matt Cassel wasn't JUST a game manager? Maybe you meant he wasn't EVEN a game manager.

Isn't it time you stopped acting like some kind of football god?
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't read AHP anymore. They're actually saying that they're excited to see Brady Quinn. One guy went so far as to say that Quinn could have something like 250+ yards and 3 TDs.

Why don't people know Quinn is awful? How do people not know that? How has he possibly tricked people into thinking he's actually starter material?

vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I can't read AHP anymore. They're actually saying that they're excited to see Brady Quinn. One guy went so far as to say that Quinn could have something like 250+ yards and 3 TDs.

Why don't people know Quinn is awful? How do people not know that? How has he possibly tricked people into thinking he's actually starter material?

1st Round pick. Notre Dame. Charlie Weis student. Not much of a chance in Cleveland. I'm not saying I agree, but this is what people are thinking.

Bad thing is, if Quinn is what nepg claims Cassel is, and he doesn't turn the ball over, the Chiefs probably start winning enough games to push them out of top QB contention in the draft. The roster is good enough to win if the QB just doesn't turn the ball over 2 million times in 5 games.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'll say ONE thing in Quinn's defense.he never had the talent in Cleveland like he has here to work with
Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
1st Round pick. Notre Dame. Charlie Weis student. Not much of a chance in Cleveland. I'm not saying I agree, but this is what people are thinking.

Bad thing is, if Quinn is what nepg claims Cassel is, and he doesn't turn the ball over, the Chiefs probably start winning enough games to push them out of top QB contention in the draft. The roster is good enough to win if the QB just doesn't turn the ball over 2 million times in 5 games.
That is my biggest concern. And I would be angry for all eternity if that happens.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think everyone is just excited for change. do they genuinely believe that Quinn will be their savor? i hope not. Cassel was BY FAR AND AWAY our best QB during camp and preseason. he had the best grasp of the offense and passed the eye test. Quinn barely beat out Stanzi for the #2 job and now he is going to come in here and dominate against NFL defenses? i dont think so.

the over the top emotion behind Quinn is more to do with Cassel leaving. most feel like this is it. i seem to believe that as soon as he is game ready, Cassel will return. just wait for the uprising that creates.

i go to AHP for the stories. i cant read the comments. WAY to much Red Koolaid in there for me. i'm as die hard as it gets, but i am a realistic fan. i dont want to be told its peaches and cream when its toilet water. just tell me its toilet water and we can talk about the color/smell of it. ive been watching this toilet water for to many years to fall for the peaches and cream trick.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

KC, I think we're kindred spirits or something, because that is exactly how I feel. EXACTLY.

I'm tired of people polishing a turd and calling it something it isn't. So sick and tired of it.

This is not a good team and it starts at the top. Even if you believe for a second that Pioli is a good talent evaluator (I don't) then you can't like his track record for hiring Head Coaches. It's awful. Haley and RAC. Neither should have moved past coordinator. Ugh. Don't even get me started.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I realize he's having a rough year but in 2nd round I took David Amerson of NC St
Old 10-12-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I really like Amerson as the FS upgrade to Kendrick Lewis, and it upgrades our overall DB group a lot. Good pick.

Last edited by vidae : 10-12-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
You mean like Luke Kuechly?

Aren't you the guy who told me that Matt Cassel wasn't JUST a game manager? Maybe you meant he wasn't EVEN a game manager.

Isn't it time you stopped acting like some kind of football god?
More like Ray Maualuga, Little Animal, Dan Connor, Posluszny, and Ryans.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
KC, I think we're kindred spirits or something, because that is exactly how I feel. EXACTLY.

I'm tired of people polishing a turd and calling it something it isn't. So sick and tired of it.

This is not a good team and it starts at the top. Even if you believe for a second that Pioli is a good talent evaluator (I don't) then you can't like his track record for hiring Head Coaches. It's awful. Haley and RAC. Neither should have moved past coordinator. Ugh. Don't even get me started.
Theres more to being a good GM than being a talent evaluator. Guy's made some hits, but I'd begrudingly agree he isn't the talent evaluator everyone made him out to be. But he's made some good picks: Berry, Bailey, DMC, Lewis. He's also swung out more than i'd like: Baldwin, Jackson. But what about the free agent moves he's made? I hope Quinn pans out, I have my doubts to be honest with you. But our team is talented and can hang with any NFL team(Ravens, despite Cassel's poor performance).
Old 10-12-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pioli was brought in to build something that will last. The way he built this team will allow them to sustain. The #1 reason they didn't gut the coaching staff was stability (I'm sure they put some thought into that with Philbin and Nolan out there - two guys that were very good fits for the roster they'd assembled).

The free agents he's brought in have been pretty solid, actually. Rapati has looked really good, Elam turned a corner the last couple weeks (which is a relief because I thought that was an ace move), Boss looked like a top TE before getting injured, Draughn has been solid, Hillis was what we wanted before getting injured, Travis Daniels is a solid jack of all trades corner, Breaston was very good last year, but is mis-/under-used right now...

The only complaint I have with Pioli is how long it took to get a respectable group of WRs and TEs together. That's the only area he really didn't do a good job with. There was exactly one opportunity to upgrade over Cassel, and that guy didn't want to play in Kansas City.

Backup QBs need to have certain qualities that make them good backups, and I think the #2 QB should be the OC's choice. They went with Quinn because he has experience in this system, has familiarity with how this organization conducts itself, and is really good in preparation and on the sideline.

Stanzi was supposed to surpass him in the off-season, but he just didn't put the work in in the off-season, wasn't mentally prepared, and I think Jim Zorn is just an awful QB coach... His record speaks for itself.

They went with Cassel in 2009 because that QB class sucked balls (Stafford/Sanchez). So did 2010 (Bradford). 2011...they drafted a bunch of nice players and got the QB they wanted after Cassel went to the Pro Bowl. 2012, there was no one they liked better than what they already had with Stanzi. Should they have just sucked it up in 2009 and hoped to be the worst team in the NFL with a chance to get the only QB worth a crap that year? We all know that answer is "no".

Last edited by nepg : 10-12-2012 at 10:33 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

WRs and TEs are the only group he hasn't done well with? Oh, I forgot, you have a perma-boner for Cassel for some reason.

Our QB roster is the worst in the NFL. No one in that group deserves to be on an NFL team.

Last edited by vidae : 10-12-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

ok 3 round GM draft is done let me hear your thoughts:

1.) Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas

2.) David Amerson, CB/S, NC State

3.) Shayne Skov, LB, Stanford
Old 10-14-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I like that draft a lot honestly. Obviously an upgrade at QB will go a long way to make this team relevant again, and I like Amerson as a replacement for KLew and I like Skov as a replacement for Belcher.

Very good job.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post

Sign me up. I would also recommend going defensive line in the 2nd and 3rd. I know the Chiefs have taken many DLinemen recently but they really need help in the trenches.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post

I could live with this.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

we're appearantly doing a 4th rd...just go BPA with that pick?
Old 10-14-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd go best DL available maybe. Or maybe another QB if there is one there. If Logan Thomas is available, I'd take him. We need QB depth. We don't want Brady Quinn or Ricky Stanzi on this roster going forward, and we know first hand (Quinn, Palko) just how important the QB position is.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

the way it's falling Le'Veon Bell might be there in the 4th.considering him to be the power guy to compliment Jamaal
Old 10-15-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Of course the Chiefs could actually go any position really. Only spot I'm comfortable standing pat is OLB with Hali and Houston. Although, since you can't have enough pass rushers, I wouldn't be mad if they went in that direction.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Ok 4 picks finished

1. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
2. David Amerson, S, NC State
3. Shayne Skov, LB, Stanford
4. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan St

went with Bell because Hillis is hurt and is on 1 year deal so Bell can take over as the power guy to compliment Charles
Old 10-15-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Bell is solid but I really would have gone with Logan Thomas. Great value in the fourth and we need a backup QB as much as we need a starter. Plus we just drafted Cyrus Gray last year and Shaun Draughn has been good for us so far this year.

Either way, good overall mock.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Bell is solid but I really would have gone with Logan Thomas. Great value in the fourth and we need a backup QB as much as we need a starter. Plus we just drafted Cyrus Gray last year and Shaun Draughn has been good for us so far this year.

Either way, good overall mock.
EJ Manuel nearly fell to me in the 4th I was gonna go that route but he went 2 picks ahead of me.also never saw Thomas listed as one of the underclassmen who declared
Old 10-19-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We won't get the #1 pick to get Geno. We never get that lucky. Plus the team is that talented.

1. Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
2. Robert Lester S Alabama
3. Tavon Austin WR West Virginia

Oh yeah

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote