Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's freaking hard to find an elite QB, we don't have one. Alex has come back from big deficits, he's choked against big deficits...it happens with mid-tier guys...he's just an average guy. He's short term, and it's becoming more and more obvious.

What is UTTERLY dumb is calling for Kap right now, there is no excuse for tht sort of stupidity. This team has a small window right now, and growing pains would be devastating. Do people really think Kap would've been playing as good as Alex so far in his first year starting? How dumb can a fanbase be?

And who gives a crap about 4th and 15. What about bomb to Moss with some momentum and then we get to 2nd and 21?! wtf. What about the first two drives, team is moving the ball, then Roman goes mad scientist on everyone? Blegh.

Last edited by binary : 10-15-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
Complaining about the 4th and 15 play is ********.

3 min left and down 20.

I'm sure the yahoos would be very understanding of a play where a Vernon or someone is 20 yards down the field and goes for a pass and gets injured.
3 min left in the 3rd quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
It's freaking hard to find an elite QB, we don't have one. Alex has come back from big deficits, he's choked against big deficits...it happens with mid-tier guys...he's just an average guy. He's short term, and it's becoming more and more obvious.

What is UTTERLY dumb is calling for Kap right now, there is no excuse for tht sort of stupidity. This team has a small window right now, and growing pains would be devastating. Do people really think Kap would've been playing as good as Alex so far in his first year starting? How dumb can a fanbase be?

And who gives a crap about 4th and 15. What about bomb to Moss with some momentum and then we get to 2nd and 21?! wtf. What about the first two drives, team is moving the ball, then Roman goes mad scientist on everyone? Blegh.
Kaep doesn't look ready. He's doing OK in designed passes and runs, but QBing a whole game is a different story. Making reads, avoiding pressure, avoiding turnovers, taking advantage of the blitz, knowing when to run and when not to, etc.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Hilarious comments on the 49ers main board.
These are why I'll never return to the "popular" boards. They've learned absolutely nothing, even though they've looked like total imbeciles the last few years and have been wrong about virtually everything...from buying into Dingle, to buying into Hill, to we want carr, to criticizing Harbaugh for bringing back Alex last year...the stupidity reigns supreme over there.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said, ppl are making more of this loss than they should. Typical Niner fan reaction. No one will be talking about this loss if we beat Seattle and Arizona. We would be 6-2 and have all the talking heads saying how we rebounded from the Giants loss and are again, the team to beat. Fans fall for this same **** every time. Football is week to week. Your only as good as your last game is the way most ppl look at these things but ppl should start focusing on the big picture. This team is still 4-2 and is in a great position in the NFC. The game is always evolving and you can never be stagnant in this league. A game like this gets players attention but also a staffs attention. I said before the season that we couldn't do the same thing we did last year and have success because the NFL always catches up to schemes the next year. And while the offense is still in the process of evolving, I feel the defense is still doing what it did last year. And that's good enough against most teams but the Giants have a good offensive staff and they just out-schemed us. Maybe now Fangio sees this and tweaks some things does some more exotic stuff upfront to help out players when maybe they aren't having their best day. But it isn't like they rolled up 500 yards of offense on us either. As bad as we played, we still only gave up 374 yards of offense. Aaron Rodgers nearly threw for that many against the Texans last night. The sky is not falling...
Old 10-15-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Like I said, ppl are making more of this loss than they should. Typical Niner fan reaction. No one will be talking about this loss if we beat Seattle and Arizona. We would be 6-2 and have all the talking heads saying how we rebounded from the Giants loss and are again, the team to beat. Fans fall for this same **** every time. Football is week to week. Your only as good as your last game is the way most ppl look at these things but ppl should start focusing on the big picture. This team is still 4-2 and is in a great position in the NFC. The game is always evolving and you can never be stagnant in this league. A game like this gets players attention but also a staffs attention. I said before the season that we couldn't do the same thing we did last year and have success because the NFL always catches up to schemes the next year. And while the offense is still in the process of evolving, I feel the defense is still doing what it did last year. And that's good enough against most teams but the Giants have a good offensive staff and they just out-schemed us. Maybe now Fangio sees this and tweaks some things does some more exotic stuff upfront to help out players when maybe they aren't having their best day. But it isn't like they rolled up 500 yards of offense on us either. As bad as we played, we still only gave up 374 yards of offense. Aaron Rodgers nearly threw for that many against the Texans last night. The sky is not falling...
I agree but this Kap stuff scares me, not b/c I'm an Alex fan but because is screams of desperation and/or a lack of decisiveness. I really thought this Offense took a few steps forward, and if so, there is no need for this gimmick crap against good teams.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

Kaep doesn't look ready. He's doing OK in designed passes and runs, but QBing a whole game is a different story. Making reads, avoiding pressure, avoiding turnovers, taking advantage of the blitz, knowing when to run and when not to, etc.
Absolutely. The fact that he took that sack after the Moss rec shows that. You can not take a sack right there. He's awareness is not where it should be in the pocket. Not even close. He needs another year and off-season.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree but this Kap stuff scares me, not b/c I'm an Alex fan but because is screams of desperation and/or a lack of decisiveness. I really thought this Offense took a few steps forward, and if so, there is no need for this gimmick crap against good teams.
IMO, the WildKap is good when you have the league and trying keep the defense off balance, while running a ball-control offense and maintaining time of possession. But you can't be using it when your down a score or two. That's when you need a real QB in the pocket who can beat a team with his head and his arm, not his feet.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still think this is a good team, a playoff team (although if the season started today, we'd miss it).

Right now, i'd say our weaknesses are defensive depth (especially at DL and OLB, we're getting worn out and that hurt us at the end where they gashed us), ST's (big returns given up+Akers missing FG's), and the passing game (ineffective half the time this year, ineffective when another team gets even a small lead on us).

What concerns me is we've never been blown out like last night. Not a huge worry because the Texans just got blown out (by a team we controlled for much of that game), and Tom Coughlin era Giants have had a lot of bad losses too. But it just feels weird to see a Harbaugh coached team get dominated in that fashion. I'm eagerly waiting to see how the 49ers respond against the Seahawks. They have a much better defense than the Giants so i'd be pleasantly surprised if the 49ers passing game is effective.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 10-15-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Excatly. Alex looked like **** but taking him out after that Moss throw was about the dumbest decision I've seen under Jimbaugh. It made absolutely no sense. We did the Giants a favor there. The WildKap had been ineffective all day up until that point. I'm sure they were glad to see CK come in the game after that play.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I still think this is a good team, a playoff team (although if the season started today, we'd miss it).

Right now, i'd say our weaknesses are defensive depth (especially at DL and OLB, we're getting worn out and that hurt us at the end where they gashed us), ST's (big returns given up+Akers missing FG's), and the passing game (ineffective half the time this year, ineffective when another team gets even a small lead on us).

What concerns me is we've never been blown out like last night. Not a huge worry because the Texans just got blown out (by a team we controlled for much of that game), and Tom Coughlin era Giants have had a lot of bad losses too. But it just feels weird to see a Harbaugh coached team get dominated in that fashion. I'm eagerly waiting to see how the 49ers respond against the Seahawks. They have a much better defense than the Giants so i'm not expecting Alex to play well.
It was bound to happen. You can't out-physical everyone, every Sunday. Like I said, ppl catch up with you in this league. Our success last year sparked a lot teams to focus on the trenches and get those physically tough players. We got beat at our own game and its not the first time. Ravens did it to us last year and we responded well from it.

And you're right about depth, I made a post about that on page 2 about the very same thing. That's what I mean by the loss will probably do more good than if we would have won. You look at things and see where you can get better more readily than after two huge blowout wins. I'm not worried at this point. Far too much football left for that.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And this is just sad. Because then now you're playing scared. You're playing not to lose the game instead of playing to win it. The offense, in particular the quarterback, needs to get better to the point that if you have a turnover or two the game isn't completely over when there is still plenty of time to play.
It's not about playing scared, its about being smart with the ball. Were we scared when we played the Bills? No, but we were smart with the ball. We valued the football last year. Up until yesterday, Alex valued the football. His 8/1 TD to int ratio spoke to that. All I'm saying is Alex doesn't need to go and think he has to become Brees because he's down a TD and start forcing the ball. Thats not what he's good at. Take what the defense gives you, and if we have to punt it, we punt it. You don't help out their offense by giving Eli Manning short fields. All three of those throws were just bad decisions. One was a bad throw and a bad decision. That first Rolle pick was especially dumb. How do you look off one safety than turn your head and just throw blindly into coverage without locating the other safety? Just a horrible decisions on Alex's part and something he doesn't normally do.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Excatly. Alex looked like **** but taking him out after that Moss throw was about the dumbest decision I've seen under Jimbaugh. It made absolutely no sense. We did the Giants a favor there. The WildKap had been ineffective all day up until that point. I'm sure they were glad to see CK come in the game after that play.
This. Agree 100%. Against a crappy Jets or Bills team, Harbaugh can get away with using Kaepernick in a wildcat but against a good coached team like the Giants, no way.

I have said this since last season and I'll say it again -

Harbaugh DOESNT have confidence in Smith period and I dont care how many times times he says that Smith is his QB. It's such bullcrap. There's a reason why Harbaugh went after Manning. It's because he knows that if he gets behind, Smith isnt bringing back the team to a win. If he did, he wouldnt keep taking Smith out for Kaepernick.

I'm just waiting until the Seahawks game. That will be the real test. If we lose, changes are needed. If we win, things will still have to be fine tuned and whatnot. I'm worried because as of right now, I can honestly say that im worried about us going 4-4 into the bye week. I may be the only one but if we play like we did against the Giants the next two weeks, I'll be shocked if we win either or both games.

Harbaugh needs to stop the gimmick crap. It DOESNT work unless you're facing a crappy ass team. Stick to the basics. And either let Smith play the entire game or quite honestly, move on, trade him and start Kaepernick.

People may think that doing that is the worse possible move but its not. The worse possible move is switching between the two during every game. Thats worse. Not only are you killing whatever momentum that you may have but you're also telling Smith that we dont have the confidence in you and then look what happens, interception after interception. UGH.

Oh well....one thing is for sure, Thursday's game against the Seahawks just became a million times more important than it was two days ago. UGH.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Like I said, ppl are making more of this loss than they should. .
Hmm, while I really WANT to believe this, it's tough because of who the opponent was. This was the team that prevented a 6th lombardi, this was a huge statement game. I almost put money on this one b/c I thought Harbaugh was going to come out and demolish this team. I could see this loss being a huge killer much more than I could see it being a rallying point...the Vikings game was a wake up call, this was a rape.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hmm, while I really WANT to believe this, it's tough because of who the opponent was. This was the team that prevented a 6th lombardi, this was a huge statement game. I almost put money on this one b/c I thought Harbaugh was going to come out and demolish this team. I could see this loss being a huge killer much more than I could see it being a rallying point...the Vikings game was a wake up call, this was a rape.
There are no 'statement' games in October. Too much football left. We'll see the Giants down the road. That will be the real statement game. I like us better when our back's against the wall anyways. This team has a edge to it when ppl doubt us. We've lost that edge this year. The Vikes was a hiccup. A blowout like this....at home, is more in tune with a gut-check. Another loss against either the Hawks or the Cards will be a wake up call. I expected 6 losses this year. We're ahead of schedule in my eyes.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not about playing scared, its about being smart with the ball. Were we scared when we played the Bills? No, but we were smart with the ball. We valued the football last year. Up until yesterday, Alex valued the football. His 8/1 TD to int ratio spoke to that. All I'm saying is Alex doesn't need to go and think he has to become Brees because he's down a TD and start forcing the ball. Thats not what he's good at. Take what the defense gives you, and if we have to punt it, we punt it. You don't help out their offense by giving Eli Manning short fields. All three of those throws were just bad decisions. One was a bad throw and a bad decision. That first Rolle pick was especially dumb. How do you look off one safety than turn your head and just throw blindly into coverage without locating the other safety? Just a horrible decisions on Alex's part and something he doesn't normally do.
First off, let's not compare Buffalo to New York. Mark Sanchez looked like a Hall of Famer against them. What Alex did in that game essentially means nothing. Or rather, it's not special.

Second, yes it's becoming apparently that Alex isn't good at just going into pass mode. Which is a sad reality. You need that guy if you want a chance at a Lombardi trophy. This team is trying to win a Super Bowl without a franchise quarterback, and it's hard for me to envision it happening.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team isn't good at passing mode.

Other teams use it and practice it a lot more than us.

We are mixing in jumbo packages and read option stuff.

Cleveland did OK vs the Giants with whatever stuff they used. We are wanting to zig and zag down the field.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
The team isn't good at passing mode.

Other teams use it and practice it a lot more than us.

We are mixing in jumbo packages and read option stuff.

Cleveland did OK vs the Giants with whatever stuff they used. We are wanting to zig and zag down the field.
Cleveland got their asses kicked what are you talking about?

And sometimes it isn't just about practicing passing all time. How many teams have had a "just passing" offense yet still sucked? Remember Todd Haley's "tenure" with the Chiefs? All of those exotic passing formations and what not. They still sucked dick. Sometimes you need talented players with good instincts. It comes down to execution. Average joes off the street could practice a certain play a million times, doesn't mean they'll be good at it if they're inserted into a game. Why? Because they lack talent.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-15-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
First off, let's not compare Buffalo to New York. Mark Sanchez looked like a Hall of Famer against them. What Alex did in that game essentially means nothing. Or rather, it's not special.

Second, yes it's becoming apparently that Alex isn't good at just going into pass mode. Which is a sad reality. You need that guy if you want a chance at a Lombardi trophy. This team is trying to win a Super Bowl without a franchise quarterback, and it's hard for me to envision it happening.
I disagree. We went into passing mode last year when we were down big to the Eagles in the second half. Came back and won. We went into passing mode down late versus the Lions last year also, came back and won. And of course we all saw what happened late against the Saints in the playoffs. We've shown flashes. We haven't shown consistency with it and there in lies the problem. That's still part of the offense we need to work on and get better at. But I never have the feeling watching this offense, with Alex as the QB that were out of a game. Because normally, he isn't playing as bad as he was yesterday. Yesterday was a anomaly for Alex. Even when he was bad in the past, he wasn't 3 int bad. Yesterday was a case of Alex playing bad and that stupid WildKap screwing up the flow of the offense.

And where are the screen passes? I can't remember seeing a screen pass to a RB so far this year. The Giants front was very aggressive, should have incorporated some RB screens to negate that. And when we do screen, seems like we only screen on 3rd and a ton, never on early downs.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-15-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Well you have to keep in mind that all of those defenses you listed, the Eagles, Lions, and Saints are terrible.

And yes Alex hasn't been this bad and his passes from what I saw on the highlights (still finishing the complete broadcast) were really off the mark more than usual. The gameplan for the offense just seemed weird. I think the offense got a little too creative.

Quote:
Old 10-16-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest problem in my eyes was the lack of running game. Both Gore and Hunter wheren't used enough just like in the Vikings Game. Only 8 carries for Gore and 4 for Hunter just won't cut it. Getting the run game going early with your RB opens up the rest and makes life so much easier.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles defense was top 10 in the NFL last year, ness. I'll give you that New Orleans and Detroit are bad, though.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well you have to keep in mind that all of those defenses you listed, the Eagles, Lions, and Saints are terrible.

And yes Alex hasn't been this bad and his passes from what I saw on the highlights (still finishing the complete broadcast) were really off the mark more than usual. The gameplan for the offense just seemed weird. I think the offense got a little too creative.
Well the Giants defense wasn't great until we played them so it goes both ways....

And if I had one criticism of Jimbaugh/Roman is they get a little too 'cute' at times. Love the creativity but you have to know when to rein it in....sometimes they don't know when to say 'when'.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even know why I bother talking Alex Smith away from the 49ers section here. People there literally believe that Matt Stafford, Tony Romo, Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers have been better than Alex Smith this year. I don't know how to seriously respond to that
Old 10-16-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I don't even know why I bother talking Alex Smith away from the 49ers section here. People there literally believe that Matt Stafford, Tony Romo, Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers have been better than Alex Smith this year. I don't know how to seriously respond to that
I don't know why anybody would talk about Alex outside our fanbase for any lengthy period of time. 80% of football fans feel that Alex is a average-below average QB who was a waste of a #1 overall selection. There's no glory in arguing against those ideals because honestly that's pretty much been the case for most of his professional career. Even though other circumstances also played a factor in his marginal play, those are the facts. His good stretches are just that. And until he sustains a couple of seasons of good play, perception will be his reality. There's no point in arguing against that perception, no matter how right you think are. The average fan, even the average one here will never give Alex the benefit of the doubt. If he's playing great its because of some other variable. If he's playing like crap, "same old Alex Smith". It's ppl around here who still say Eli isn't a elite QB. Why even waste your breath. Alex could lead this team to a SB and ppl will still say we won it despite Alex, not because he was in some way one of the catalysts that propelled us to victory.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-16-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I came to this realization over a year ago. Any mention of Alex Smith in the NFL forum will instantly bring on the hate. It doesn't matter if you have great stats to share, or a story about Alex, or even if I mention that I have a tenant in one of my rental houses named Alex Smith, all it does is spark lame jokes and memes. I implore everyone to not even mention him anymore outside of these walls. And that, is quite sad.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Closed Thread