Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also where is Miles Austin? He's a good #2 WR to have no doubt, but if we are going to kill Dez for disappearing why not blast him? Yet there we were relying on Ogletree at the end of the game in crucial situations. Few other things:

I am starting to believe in the Demarco durability issues. He's such a violent runner, he brings it to the defender, and it results it a lot of bruises and nicks. I don't know that I can say I feel confident in him running that way and going 2-3 years without missing much time. He's a stud, our back of the future, but we have to take a back in rounds 2-5 we feel confident in at the least.

Felix Jones has the worst vision of any RB in the NFL. I hope everyone here is starting to realize that. Talent wise, yes he's got some. He can hit the edge, he's still productive. But did anyone catch the run where they broke it down during the game, Billick pointed it out. It was a stretch play to the right, but the seal was there for a cut back to the left and there was a huge hole to run through.

He just does not have that trait, at all, never has, and it's always been my problem with him. We never knew how bad it was until we got Murray in here and saw a runner with patience and vision, 2 traits that are way too underrated in a RB. Murray waits for the hole to open, sticks his foot in the ground and goes, it's not always where it was designed to go either. Felix just runs really fast to 1 area for better or worse. Our offense is going straight into the tank with him as our primary ball carrier.

I can't blame Dez for anything. The 2 pt conversion is an easy catch he's got to make, but the play he made on 3rd and 27 is the only reason we are even talking about these late game failures and I hate that we can't talk about that play as one that saved the game. Plus, he was the only thing we had going, along with Witten being clutch again.

We have got to get him involved, start using him more like a young Anquan Boldin. Learn what his strengths are. He needs the ball quickly, let him operate in space, DB's hate trying to tackle him, look at how he throws their arms out of the way. The mental lapses are still there, and frustrating, but we are starting to see him grow into a stud if we continue to let the offense go through him and let everyone compliment him.

Austin is great going deep with Dez underneath, Austin has just got to do more then what he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was a hard loss to swallow. We did everything we needed to do except kick a FG, cover a kick-off, catch a ball and effectively manage the clock at the end of the game.

I think that the Dez bashing is somewhat justified, but at the end of the day he's starting to play well and going through some growing pains. I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

Bailey needs to connect on that FG, plain and simple. That's what he gets paid to do.

The kick coverage, stay in your goddamn lane. That is simply just an undisciplined play by Albright. Billick pointed it out very well in the replay.

The time management at the end of the game is a mystery to me. I put this squarely on the shoulders of JG. Once he realized they were going to waste some time, he needed to call a time-out right away so that Romo had sufficient time to run 1 sideline play.

Fortunately for us the NFC East is a mess right now and were still in it.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, if there is a blame to go around... it's on Jason Garrett's head. I still can't get over the poor time clock management at the end of the game. Players will be players hustling and bustling between plays... but in that moment, the HC has the ability to call time outs from the sidelines.

It was 22 seconds when Dez went down and that play ended. We had a TO and we did NOTHING.

Dungy and Harrison talked about it....

Quote:
Tony Dungy: “There is no possible way that you can have 22 seconds, and one timeout, and not get another play off. I’m good with the call to Dez Bryant. Trying to go to him and makes something happen. But then he is tackled. No, the Cowboys have to get something going.”

Rodney Harrison (watching the video): “Look at the guys, look at the effort. These guys are absolutely just walking back to the huddle.”

Tony Dungy: “Jason Garrett said, ‘We wanted to run another play.’ Romo has got to have that already called. It should be already called. They should know what formation to get in.””

Harrison: “There is no sense of urgency here. What it says to me is that you don’t trust your quarterback. You should have two plays, in a two-minute offense, to walk up to the line and call either one of those plays.”

Dungy: “If it is taking too long, I’m the coach on the sideline. In 15 seconds, I’ve got to call a time out so I can get one more play off.”

Harrison: “You work on this three times a week. There is no excuse.”
Whether Garrett doesn't trust Romo, isn't having his team prepared or just simply doesn't understand the game of clock management, or whatever else it might be, it's on him! I swear this was the thing I was hoping would come to an end with the addition of Bill Callahan to aid Garrett. This is frustrating.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It kinda goes hand in hand back to how we called nearly every play with 1 second left on the clock for almost 2 quarters. What is the deal with that? Why not just run no huddle so you can line up with 30 seconds on the play clock and sort it out there? Makes no sense...

Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was reading PFF today. They gave their game ball in the BAL-DAL game to none other than Phil Costa!

This is what they said.

Quote:
If there was one player I didn’t expect to be writing about in glowing terms it was Cowboys C Phil Costa (+6.3). Costa was one of the biggest reasons Dallas was able to establish, and then lean on, the run all game long against the Ravens. Most of the Cowboys’ line played well in the game, but Costa was dominant in the middle, got the better of everybody the Ravens put in front of him, and kept a clean slate in pass protection.

He was particularly effective against Ma’ake Kemoeatu. He both blocked and turned him away from the point of attack on more than one occasion, but he was also able to get to the second level and dominate linebackers as well — as he did late in the first quarter (1:38) on a 13- yard run by DeMarco Murray. Costa got through to the second level and locked onto LB Jameel McClain, and then drove him down field to clear the path for Murray.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

If Bailey made that kick...
  • We'd be talking about how Tony Romo is a clutch QB at the end of games.
  • We'd be talking about how Dez had his best game of the season catching 13 of 15 passes his way and 2 TDs.
  • We'd be talking about how Felix Jones looks like his old self again.
  • We'd be talking about how Garrett was fearless in sticking with the run.
  • We'd be talking about how the OL only allowed 1 sack and generated 200+ yards rushing against one of the toughest run defenses in the league.
  • We'd be talking about how we dominated the Time of Possession, kept Baltimore's offense off the field, kept our defense fresh and came in with a great game plan.
  • We'd be talking about how the defense held Ray Rice to 63 yards rushing.
  • We'd be talking about how our Defense is currently the #1 ranked pass defense in yards allowed.
  • We'd be talking about how our Defense is currently the #2 ranked defense overall in yards allowed.

Ah what could have been.

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-15-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
texans_4_texas
Rookie

texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
  • We'd be talking about how Dez had his best game of the season catching 13 of 15 passes his way and 2 TDs.
  • We'd be talking about how the OL only allowed 1 sack and generated 200+ yards rushing against one of the toughest run defenses in the league.
  • We'd be talking about how we dominated the Time of Possession, kept Baltimore's offense off the field, kept our defense fresh and came in with a great game plan.
  • We'd be talking about how our Defense is currently the #1 ranked pass defense in yards allowed.
  • We'd be talking about how our Defense is currently the #2 ranked defense overall in yards allowed.

Ah what could have been.
You are are probably right that if ...
texans_4_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schefter reported Mike Jenkins is having an mri on his shoulder. Anyone know about this?

Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Murray's MRI came back as a foot sprain. Could be out this week

Old 10-15-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

Ah what could have been.

Isn't that funny? Instead it's all Dez' fault lol. Funny how that works. Last year it was he was disappearing in 2nd halfs, now if he doesn't make every single play that goes to him and we lose it's his fault. He's becoming an extremely polarizing player that has a microscope over everything he does.

Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Murray's MRI came back as a foot sprain. Could be out this week
Love him dearly, but I'm honestly going into the offseason thinking about RB as a mid round need. The way he's being used, Garrett is running him into the ground. Understandable with Felix either hurt or struggling, but we need to bolster the position. Especially with Felix a FA.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Love him dearly, but I'm honestly going into the offseason thinking about RB as a mid round need. The way he's being used, Garrett is running him into the ground. Understandable with Felix either hurt or struggling, but we need to bolster the position. Especially with Felix a FA.
I'm all about taking the Shanahan approach and stockpiling rb's. I know it was only one carry, but I'd like to see Dunbar get a few more reps in the next week or so.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nfl reporting that Murray may have ligament damage to go with sprain, already saying he will be out for panthers.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm all about taking the Shanahan approach and stockpiling rb's. I know it was only one carry, but I'd like to see Dunbar get a few more reps in the next week or so.
Dunbar looked better than Tanner and I still remember the flashes he showed in the preseason.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Nfl reporting that Murray may have ligament damage to go with sprain, already saying he will be out for panthers.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No thanks I'll have more Dunbar please :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I don't want to get all crazy here, but doesn't Dunbar remind you a tiny bit of what McCoy does for Philly? Smaller, shifty with good speed.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
He's alright, but I hate when we overrate our backups to the point where it becomes blinding. I'm often guilty of this. "Hooray, we got our guy in our 3rd rounder, Robert Brewster!"... "David Arkin at Center is our solution!".... "Mackenzy Bernadeau is a Mack Truck!" .... I actually sell myself on these hilarious ideas!!! Just to get hyped up about who we got!

If there's someone special available, you do not hesitate because of Dunbar.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets wait to crown Dunbar or any of the backs until we face a decent run defense. Baltimore doesnt just get a pass, because it's a Baltimore defense...they suck against the run.

I did like the confidence to keep running our backs in this one at least. Game plan didnt change when Tanner came in. I do like Tanner.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dunbar scares me, it really looked like he was gonna fumble when he got his only carry. Not sure i'm comfortable with him taking too many of em. Tanner looked good, even though he has no moves or wiggle, just kinda hit the hole and push until you get tackled kinda guy.

As for the clock management, the only thing i wanted to see there was a spike. Everyone talks about the timeout, but that timeout needed to be saved or else we would have been screwed and it would have turned into an even bigger gaffe. With 22 seconds on the clock, you need to hurry up and spike it. Run the ball once and call your time out. It's hilarious how people that play Madden have learned better clock management skills than some ******* NFL head coaches.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Dunbar scares me, it really looked like he was gonna fumble when he got his only carry. Not sure i'm comfortable with him taking too many of em. Tanner looked good, even though he has no moves or wiggle, just kinda hit the hole and push until you get tackled kinda guy.

As for the clock management, the only thing i wanted to see there was a spike. Everyone talks about the timeout, but that timeout needed to be saved or else we would have been screwed and it would have turned into an even bigger gaffe. With 22 seconds on the clock, you need to hurry up and spike it. Run the ball once and call your time out. It's hilarious how people that play Madden have learned better clock management skills than some ******* NFL head coaches.
I actually had the fumble fears when Tanner was running with the ball.

Time out... Spike... Be prepared to run another play right away...

So many options, so little moves.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I actually had the fumble fears when Tanner was running with the ball.

Time out... Spike... Be prepared to run another play right away...

So many options, so little moves.
Did you guys watch the overhead replay when it looked like Ogs and Austin were casually walking back? Something is odd here because that shouldn't have been the case. If indeed 2 plays were called, they would've hustled their asses back to the line and ready for the next play.

WHATEVER, I'm over it and moving on to Carolina.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Did you guys watch the overhead replay when it looked like Ogs and Austin were casually walking back? Something is odd here because that shouldn't have been the case. If indeed 2 plays were called, they would've hustled their asses back to the line and ready for the next play.

WHATEVER, I'm over it and moving on to Carolina.
Stuff like that never happens with the Patriots cause they have great leadership. ...and I'm not talking about ownership. I'm talking about the HC and QB. They keep everyone in check.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Betcha didn't know that the...
  • Dallas Cowboys Secondary is ranked #1 in the league in Passing Completions Allowed/Game.

Best: Cowboys with 16.2
    Worst: Redskins with 27.2
  • Dallas Cowboys Secondary is ranked #1 in the league in Total Passing Yards Allowed.

Best: Cowboys with 908 yards
    Worst: Redskins with 1970 yards
  • Dallas Cowboys Secondary is ranked #1 in the league in Passing Yards Allowed/Game.

Best: Cowboys with 181.6
    Worst: Redskins with 328.3.
  • Dallas Cowboys Secondary is ranked #1 in the league in 1st Downs Allowed by Pass.

Best: Cowboys with 48
    Worst: Redskins with 97.
  • Dallas Cowboys Secondary is tied for #3 in the league in Passing TDs Allowed .

Best: Cowboys with 6
    Worst: Redskins with 15.
  • Dallas Cowboys Secondary is ranked #4 in the league in Longest Pass Allowed with a 43 yarder.

Best: Cowboys with a43 yarder
    Worst: Saints with an 88 yarder.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our secondary is definitely improved those stats are somewhat misleading. We have faced the 31st ranked pass offense in Seattle, the 25th ranked pass offense Tampa Bay and 23rd Chicago.

The Giants are 4th in pass offense and Baltimore is 11th respectably, but we dominated in time of possession in those games. In NY the team rushed for 140 yards and held the ball for over 35 minutes. Same story in Baltimore rushing for over 200 yards and absorbing 40 minutes of the clock.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote