Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I appreciate that a non-biased observer can see that in his game. If he's able to bottle that consistently (BIG IF,) alot of the naysaying will become completely irrelevent.
I think if he could have done that consistently, he would have by now.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I think if he could have done that consistently, he would have by now.
No. He's faced some steep barriers to being able to do that throughout his career. Things are different for him now. I think he realizes the control he has over the situation at this point. And that, along with having the same offensive system for a consecutive year will do wonders for his level of play.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

another offseason and another Cassel vs random QB thread. last year it was who would you rather have Cassel or Freeman? now it's can Cassel duplicate Smiths success? look, Cassel is easily the weak spot on this 2012 Kansas City Chiefs team. if Cassel struggles, the Chiefs struggle. however, his success doesn't mean the Chiefs succeed. is it more likely, sure. can he put together another 3100, 27 & 7? absolutely. does that mean the Chiefs go 13-3 and make an appearance in the AFC Champoinship game (matching Smiths season)? that would depend on a ton of other teams and players. i think the AFC West this year is significantly better than the NFC West a year ago. possible injuries to the Chiefs defense and offensive playmakers would play a huge role. i think Cassel could easily duplicate 3100, 17 & 5. that doesn't mean the situations are even remotely close or would have similar endings.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers and the Chiefs are pretty comparably talented overall but I think the 49ers are the clear better team. Cassel could easily match/surpass what Smith did last year but I'm not at all confident in Cassel being healthy or consistent enough.

The Chiefs are going to rebound from a forgettable last season, but the 49ers were one of the best teams last year and should only get better on offense with a full offseason with the offense. I'm not fully confident that Charles, Moeaki, and Berry all comeback and be great players right away, although they got hurt early so they have more time to heal.

I strongly think that Harbaugh is a much better coach than Romeo, and the end results next year will reflect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe KC has the talent to bounce back and Crennel will get the best out of them.
The Broncos are tough at home because of the thin air but Peyton will be rusty and need time to get back into form against a very tough schedule. The home wins will keep them in contention but I seriously doubt we will see the old Peyton until possibly late in the season.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:06 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
The 49ers and the Chiefs are pretty comparably talented overall but I think the 49ers are the clear better team. Cassel could easily match/surpass what Smith did last year but I'm not at all confident in Cassel being healthy or consistent enough.

The Chiefs are going to rebound from a forgettable last season, but the 49ers were one of the best teams last year and should only get better on offense with a full offseason with the offense. I'm not fully confident that Charles, Moeaki, and Berry all comeback and be great players right away, although they got hurt early so they have more time to heal.

I strongly think that Harbaugh is a much better coach than Romeo, and the end results next year will reflect that.
I like the Chiefs depth a lot better. The 49ers were fortunate with injuries last season, and that rarely happens two years running. The Chiefs lost two Pro Bowlers in the first two games. This also does not happen two years running.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I like the Chiefs depth a lot better. The 49ers were fortunate with injuries last season, and that rarely happens two years running. The Chiefs lost two Pro Bowlers in the first two games. This also does not happen two years running.

J
They've been healthy for 4 straight years, not 1.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03...kably-durable/

Quote:
On further review, however, San Franciscoís injury-free 2011 season wasnít lucky. It was the continuation of a trend.

In 2010, the 49ersí defensive starters missed two games due to injury. In 2009, they missed 11. In 2008, they missed three games.

Yes, Justin Smith isnít the defenseís only iron man. Nose guard Isaac Sopoaga, for example, has missed two games since 2005. Linebacker Parys Harlson has started 56 of the Ninersí past 57 games. Safety Dashon Goldson has started 46 of 48 games since 2009 and linebacker Patrick Willis started 75 of his first 76 career games prior to last yearís hamstring injury.

What does this mean? For starters, trainer Jeff Ferguson and strength and conditioning coach Mark Uyeyama probably deserve a raise, a Rolex and a Caribbean cruise. And then thereís this: Donít expect that same turnover differential in 2012, but itís reasonable to expect one of the leagueís most dominant defenses to remain among its most durable.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs are almost there. They even scored more points than the 49ers this week, so I can definitely see the comparison.
Roddoliver is offline   Reply With Quote