Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Juan Castillo OUT as Eagles DC

Via twitter. Felt it was thread worthy. I'll try and find some links. But not really, you guys can do that. This was twitter telling me it. Happy birthday Sniper.

TOO BAD NOW YOU WON'T KNOW WHAT THE OTHER OL IS THINKING. SO JOKE'S ON YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good move by the Iggles. who will take over at DC for them?

will this help Vick not give the ball to the other team all the time?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Castillo will be in hot commodity for any team needing a great oline coach. The defense wasn't playing poorly this year but this move was long overdue, Sunday's debacle was only the tipping point. Bowles is a secondary guy with a good resume so hopefully he can figure that puzzle out.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And if worse comes to worse Bowles can just suit up at fs for us.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Castillo sucks but total panic move by the Eagles. What's going to change? They can't change their whole system midseason.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feel bad for CAstillo. Shouldn't have been the DC in the first place
Old 10-16-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Totally agree. Reid should fire himself for making that switch. Even the casual fan could figure out moving an Oline coach to DC is a dumb move.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does firing Castillo have to do with Vick's propensity for turnovers?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Couldn't agree with you more. By far one of the worst decisions by Reid in his time in Philly. I really feel bad for Castillo. Reid should be the one getting the boot here, not Castillo. However, I think that's going to happen come january anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...juan-castillo/

Link for confirmation.

This is about 10 months overdue. He never should have been brought back after last season.

Good thing that firing the defensive coordinator will fix Vick's fumbling problems. Oh wait....
Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

There's a simple solution to cut down on Vick's fumbles, unfortunately it would mean he'd probably have at least 3 broken ribs by now. Not to get this thread off track though. I feel bad for Castillo because he was almost set up to fail. I guess Andy felt like he would have to reward his loyalty at some point but making him the dc wasn't the way to go about it. He'll catch on somewhere soon as an oline coach and that team will be very lucky. I'm excited to see what kind of blitz packages Bowles can come up with because we've been lacking in that for a while now. Not gonna see a change overnight but if there was a good time to do it I suppose it's now when we're heading into the bye week. Big first test in week 8 against atl.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
There's a simple solution to cut down on Vick's fumbles, unfortunately it would mean he'd probably have at least 3 broken ribs by now. Not to get this thread off track though. I feel bad for Castillo because he was almost set up to fail. I guess Andy felt like he would have to reward his loyalty at some point but making him the dc wasn't the way to go about it. He'll catch on somewhere soon as an oline coach and that team will be very lucky. I'm excited to see what kind of blitz packages Bowles can come up with because we've been lacking in that for a while now. Not gonna see a change overnight but if there was a good time to do it I suppose it's now when we're heading into the bye week. Big first test in week 8 against atl.
The Eagles front 7 is not built for blitzing, unless you start playing some of your backup DEs at OLB.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the HC is on the hot seat so do anything you can to fix your team. This is a panic let's try something different and see what happens type of move. I think he was a poor hire to begin with.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
The Eagles front 7 is not built for blitzing, unless you start playing some of your backup DEs at OLB.
or Mychal Kendricks....
Old 10-16-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Couldn't agree with you more. By far one of the worst decisions by Reid in his time in Philly. I really feel bad for Castillo. Reid should be the one getting the boot here, not Castillo. However, I think that's going to happen come january anyways.
Just seems like a classic move where a team is underachieving so somebody has to be the scapegoat and they chose him

I mean, their D should probably be better with the talent they have, but their D hasn't been horrible or anything. It's been their offense that has killed them. They aren't scoring and they are turning it over WAY too much, most notably because of their QB.

Castillo was just put in a bad situation from the get go. Wasn't it noted that the last time the guy even coached a defense was back in the 80's for a HIGH SCHOOL team? Such a nonsensical move by Reid to put him in that role.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's even more asinine that Reid made the switch when there was no offseason for Castillo to implement the D. Anyway their losing because of Vicks this year. It's a panic/scapegoat move.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't get why they do not run McCoy more - the neglect of the running game as always been a huge issue in Philly that never seems to get fixed. Vick will never be a consistent QB - not sure why people still defend him like they do. He has been in the league long enough and given more than enough chances to learn how to play the position.

With the success of rookie QBs the past few years I am sure the calls for Foles will begin to get louder and louder.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ock-mike-vick/

Rumors are rampant that the Eagles will spend their bye week preparing Nick Foles for the starting QB job as well.

Reid's seat is so hot that he can't stand it.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Reid's seat is so hot that he can't stand it.
No one wants to be fired but he would be unemployed for a half hour.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
What does firing Castillo have to do with Vick's propensity for turnovers?
Yeah. That's what I was thinking. The eagles are 3-3 bc of there defense. If it wast for that they'd easily be 0-6 or 1-5.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Foles will get murdered with that OL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
No one wants to be fired but he would be unemployed for a half hour.
Possibly. I could see him wanting to take some time off though after more than a decade of coaching and having his son die last offseason.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Foles will get murdered with that OL.
Maybe he will make quick decisions instead of holding onto the ball and running around back their leaving himself open to taking unnecessary shots unlike Vick.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think the defense was that much of a problem this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

The defense hasn't been the problem...especially when you consider the amount of times the offense has turned it over and out them in a bad spot. With that being said, the defense has also far from lived up to their potential given the personnel. Way too vanilla compared to the normal identity of this team.