Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I operated under the assumption that Roos was a 2014 FA and if I had known that wasn't the case then that would've changed my approach in rounds 2 and 3. I likely would've taken Dallas Thomas in round two instead.
Easy mistake, man. I even thought Roos was a 2014 FA until mightytitan9 corrected me. Besides, at least you actually addressed the OL and pass-rush. That's more than I can say the actual Titans FO did last year.

We can just have it to where Matthews will take over RT for David Stewart in 2014, and we won't re-sign or activate the option for the additional year (although it could be a player option, so *shrug*). That, or perhaps Stewart could slide inside to RG/LG so Matthews could take RT. I've always wondered what Stewart could do inside, despite being 6'7. Or even vice-versa, since Jake Matthews is 6'5. Then put Alvin Bailey at the other OG spot. Both Leroy Harris and Steve Hutchinson need to be replaced anyway. Either way, I'll take a Matthews no matter where he plays, and I'm sure Bruce will be tempted to take his son. We already have C Kevin Matthews on the roster, lol.

So yeah, I suppose I overreacted. Knowing what we know now, Jarvis Jones and Dallas Thomas would have made for an excellent start. Then in the 3rd, CB's like Desmond Trufant or Tyrann Mathieu, DE's like Margus Hunt or Devin Taylor, or a DT like Sylvester Williams would be cool. Then in the 4th RD, you could stay with Leon McFadden (who looks like he could be another Alterraun Verner for us, which would be most welcome), or if you're feeling frisky, how about Le'Veon Bell? Neither Ringer nor Harper has been able to push for carries despite CJ's struggles, so I'd love to draft a big, powerful RB to become a legitimate #2 RB. At 6'2, 244, I feel Bell's power would be a great compliment to CJ's lack of such. I know Harper is a big back, but he doesn't play like it. And if I'm not mistaken, the 4th RD is insane value for Bell.

It's easy for me to judge a draft in hindsight. As you went about this, you had no idea who would still be available at what point. So I'll approve of you giving the Tits Jarvis Jones, Jake Matthews, Alvin Bailey, and Leon McFadden. You addressed two major needs in pass-rusher and OG, took a BPA OT for the future, and added a DB that fits the scheme. But if you had instead given them Star Lotulelei/Jarvis Jones, Dallas Thomas, Desmond Trufant and Le'Veon Bell, then I think every Titans fan on here would have sung your praises forever.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote