Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-15-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Controlling the pace of the game helps the defense stay fresh and playing at top level, i don't see why you'd knock them for that.

Also, just wow, i didn't know the Redskins were that awful in pass coverage.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No knock just showing that the offense dictating the pace played a role on the opponents stat line.

An important stat, the defense is ranked tied for 31st with 4 take aways and only one interception.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Our secondary is definitely improved those stats are somewhat misleading. We have faced the 31st ranked pass offense in Seattle, the 25th ranked pass offense Tampa Bay and 23rd Chicago.

The Giants are 4th in pass offense and Baltimore is 11th respectably, but we dominated in time of possession in those games. In NY the team rushed for 140 yards and held the ball for over 35 minutes. Same story in Baltimore rushing for over 200 yards and absorbing 40 minutes of the clock.
We're part of the reason why those teams are ranked so low. LOL.

Seriously though, we sometimes are too harsh on our guys when we give up a 3rd down or don't prevent a scoring drive. But look around, we aren't doing too bad in comparison to others. That's what my main point was.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get how we are ALWAYS towards the bottom of the league in creating turnovers. What is it with our defenses? This has been going on for YEARS and multiple DCs now.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I don't get how we are ALWAYS towards the bottom of the league in creating turnovers. What is it with our defenses? This has been going on for YEARS and multiple DCs now.
Safeties. It starts with them.

Then size up front to bat balls at the LOS helps.

We're too finesse on the DL... and we don't have playmaking Safeties.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Man coverage. Lots of man coverage. You played a lot of man under Wade, and a lot of man under Rob.

You're not gonna get a lot of INTs when you play mostly man coverage. And not many fumbles when you have 1 pass rusher.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
No knock just showing that the offense dictating the pace played a role on the opponents stat line.

An important stat, the defense is ranked tied for 31st with 4 take aways and only one interception.
And Sean Lee is responsible for half of those.

The lack of a pass rush outside of Ware is very troubling as well. Ratliff is back, so I'm hoping he can help. But outside of that we got nobody. Lee did put some good pressure on Flacco this week which was nice to see.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
And Sean Lee is responsible for half of those.

The lack of a pass rush outside of Ware is very troubling as well. Ratliff is back, so I'm hoping he can help. But outside of that we got nobody. Lee did put some good pressure on Flacco this week which was nice to see.
Honestly, I think there is some give and take... with the good pass defense, we're dropping our LBs back more and blitzing less.

Not having a pass rusher opposite of Ware has been our main gripe with Spencer. But our DEs need to step up and they haven't. For all the chirping that Hatcher loves to do, he doesn't stand out on the field enough. Ratliff has been out. Spears doesn't even suit up (thank goodness). Coleman is a decent run stuffer but pass rush is not in his arsenal. Can Crawford help one day? I hope.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm Rob Ryan, this week I stack 8 in the box and make Cam Newton beat us in the air this week. And I do it consistently too. Even if he burns us once or twice. I have no faith that Cam can consistently beat us in the air.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If I'm Rob Ryan, this week I stack 8 in the box and make Cam Newton beat us in the air this week. And I do it consistently too. Even if he burns us once or twice. I have no faith that Cam can consistently beat us in the air.
In the past we have struggled against running QBs... but this year I think things will finally be different because we have fast LBs. No more Bradie James, Keith Brooking, Zach Thomas, Scott Shanle...

Oh and did you hear Jason Garrett blame the crowd noise for the reason why they mismanaged the end of the game clock?
Old 10-16-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
In the past we have struggled against running QBs... but this year I think things will finally be different because we have fast LBs. No more Bradie James, Keith Brooking, Zach Thomas, Scott Shanle...

Oh and did you hear Jason Garrett blame the crowd noise for the reason why they mismanaged the end of the game clock?
Garrett needs to be fired. He's no different than Wade was. No discipline, bad clock management, play calling has been average. We have no identity and STUPID STUPID mistakes at the WORST times. It's getting harder and harder to watch. How many game have we lost now just because he can't manage the clock? It's ridiculous!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Betcha didn't know that the...
  • Dallas Cowboys Secondary is ranked #1 in the league in Passing Completions Allowed/Game.

Best: Cowboys with 16.2
    Worst: Redskins with 27.2
  • Dallas Cowboys Secondary is ranked #1 in the league in Total Passing Yards Allowed.

Best: Cowboys with 908 yards
    Worst: Redskins with 1970 yards
  • Dallas Cowboys Secondary is ranked #1 in the league in Passing Yards Allowed/Game.

Best: Cowboys with 181.6
    Worst: Redskins with 328.3.
  • Dallas Cowboys Secondary is ranked #1 in the league in 1st Downs Allowed by Pass.

Best: Cowboys with 48
    Worst: Redskins with 97.
  • Dallas Cowboys Secondary is tied for #3 in the league in Passing TDs Allowed .

Best: Cowboys with 6
    Worst: Redskins with 15.
  • Dallas Cowboys Secondary is ranked #4 in the league in Longest Pass Allowed with a 43 yarder.

Best: Cowboys with a43 yarder
    Worst: Saints with an 88 yarder.
No question the defense is better, but we've got to get better situationally and we've got to force some turnovers.

It's been 11 games since a DB had an INT.

After the first drive of the game, which took 7:41, Balt had a TOP of 12:47 and they scored 21 points in less than 13 minutes. That's not good.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Garrett needs to be fired. He's no different than Wade was. No discipline, bad clock management, play calling has been average. We have no identity and STUPID STUPID mistakes at the WORST times. It's getting harder and harder to watch. How many game have we lost now just because he can't manage the clock? It's ridiculous!
Couldn't have said it better. When the game is close, and pressure is boiling over, whatever idiotic thing we could possibly do we find a way to do. I know I wasn't the only one who had a terrible feeling in the pit of their stomach knowing the game was going to end bad. All we needed was 3 yards to get Bailey inside of 50, and heck even running another play to center it would have helped a ton.

Garrett's press conferences are also maddening. If I have to listen to him use the term 'football team' or 1 of his robotic computer responses after a question I think I will lose it. He doesn't have to be Rex Ryan, but sometimes we want to hear ownership. You had your chance to learn about this last year vs Arizona, yet same thing this year.

It wasn't a rookie mistake to let the play clock roll, it was an idiots mistake. He freezes up on the sideline in those instances and has no clue what to do. He's book smart but last week signified that he's not a Head Coach at all. He's probably best going back to a QB coach for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Rob Ryan for head coach!!!

Old 10-16-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rob Ryan for head coach!!!
Why not? He's a candidate, we keep our D rolling right a long, and we just need an offensive mind. Since JG will be gone we need a great mind on that side of the ball. Rob Ryan as our HC with Norv as the OC? Yessss Pleaseeeeee!

Quote:
Old 10-16-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Couldn't have said it better. When the game is close, and pressure is boiling over, whatever idiotic thing we could possibly do we find a way to do. I know I wasn't the only one who had a terrible feeling in the pit of their stomach knowing the game was going to end bad. All we needed was 3 yards to get Bailey inside of 50, and heck even running another play to center it would have helped a ton.

Garrett's press conferences are also maddening. If I have to listen to him use the term 'football team' or 1 of his robotic computer responses after a question I think I will lose it. He doesn't have to be Rex Ryan, but sometimes we want to hear ownership. You had your chance to learn about this last year vs Arizona, yet same thing this year.

It wasn't a rookie mistake to let the play clock roll, it was an idiots mistake. He freezes up on the sideline in those instances and has no clue what to do. He's book smart but last week signified that he's not a Head Coach at all. He's probably best going back to a QB coach for awhile.
Couldn't have said THAT better too! lol.

I'm starting to think all that presnap motion that's causing so much penalties is the direct result of Garrett not being able to successfully TEACH our players how to run his plays. If I have to see another Illegal shift or Illegal motion or Delay of Game penalty....
Old 10-16-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Couldn't have said THAT better too! lol.

I'm starting to think all that presnap motion that's causing so much penalties is the direct result of Garrett not being able to successfully TEACH our players how to run his plays. If I have to see another Illegal shift or Illegal motion or Delay of Game penalty....
Or is it Romo overanalyzing things presnap? I watch other QB's like Brady, Manning, Brees, etc and they make changes, but it seems like Romo is making TOO MANY changes.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

MRI's on Claiborne and Jenkins came back negative. I believe the MRI on Murray is just a sprain with minor ligament damage. So he's going to be a day to day type of injury after this week.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Or is it Romo overanalyzing things presnap? I watch other QB's like Brady, Manning, Brees, etc and they make changes, but it seems like Romo is making TOO MANY changes.
It's like Romo doesn't even care if guys have their feet set. He's gonna call hike on his own terms. LMAO.

I thought it was pretty interesting to see Romo waive off Garrett on that 4th down call that he ultimately ended up calling a TO on. You can just tell that our guys aren't on the same page. The offense is too messy. They gotta clean up their act.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

It's weird though. Garrett has been here how many years with Romo now? I lost count. Dez has been here 3 years, Austin like 5? Witten same with Romo and his time with Garrett. If anything the chemistry on offense should be smooth sailing. It's baffling that it's such a cluster****.

It made sense with the D last year. New scheme, new DC, no off-season, no time in the scheme, it all made sense. What's the excuse for offense though?

Quote:
Old 10-16-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It's weird though. Garrett has been here how many years with Romo now? I lost count. Dez has been here 3 years, Austin like 5? Witten same with Romo and his time with Garrett. If anything the chemistry on offense should be smooth sailing. It's baffling that it's such a cluster****.

It made sense with the D last year. New scheme, new DC, no off-season, no time in the scheme, it all made sense. What's the excuse for offense though?
The excuse is there is none. We should be smooth sailing like the Texans offense. The stuff Kubiak calls are deep in the playbook and you can tell. Some slick stuff.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While there are plenty of problems that have been talked about here and most are very legitimate, there is one issue that has not been mentioned much (at least that I've seen) and absolutely should be talked about.

Bailey's got to hit that damn kick. Last season, the top 10 kickers in the league (Bailey was #9), hit a combined 33 of 43 from 50+. That's 77%.

Dude's got to start hitting big kicks.

How diff would we feel if he would have hit the one sunday and last year in AZ?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
texans_4_texas
Rookie

texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
While there are plenty of problems that have been talked about here and most are very legitimate, there is one issue that has not been mentioned much (at least that I've seen) and absolutely should be talked about.

Bailey's got to hit that damn kick. Last season, the top 10 kickers in the league (Bailey was #9), hit a combined 33 of 43 from 50+. That's 77%.

Dude's got to start hitting big kicks.

How diff would we feel if he would have hit the one sunday and last year in AZ?
Good point.
texans_4_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Part of the reason why it's so difficult to get the reads called pre-snap is because two of our top three receivers are functioning retards. Ogletree barely knows what to do in the original play call, much less a hot read. Same with Dez.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
texans_4_texas
Rookie

texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas

Quote:
It's like Romo doesn't even care if guys have their feet set. He's gonna call hike on his own terms. LMAO.

I thought it was pretty interesting to see Romo waive off Garrett on that 4th down call that he ultimately ended up calling a TO on. You can just tell that our guys aren't on the same page. The offense is too messy. They gotta clean up their act.
Well, waiting till one second on the clock every damn time to snap the ball creates a boiler room full of pressure on the players.

I blame the QB and OC for that.
texans_4_texas is offline   Reply With Quote