Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What were your thoughts of Alex Green? :)
He's quite a sexy man. Played good as well.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He looked good for his first start. I'd like to see a little more physicality and toughness in his runs since he's not a small back and he needs to cut down on trying to bounce it outside for the "big" run and just be happy with cutting up field to guarantee the extra two or three yards.
His frame is big but he doesn't have the power in his leg drive to be that kind of runner. Unless he commits to being that kind of thick legged back, you're going to continue to see him try to use his vision and speed.

His pass blocking is pretty dang good though, eh?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
His pass blocking is pretty dang good though, eh?
Outside of one play I didn't notice bad things about his ability to pick up the blitz in pass protection so that's obviously a good thing

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers placed RB Brandon Saine on IR(torn ACL) and have claimed RB Johnny White off waivers from Buffalo
Old 10-15-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DJ Smith is lost for the season with a torn ACL, as expected. He and Saine done for the year

they'll know more about Perry and Shields and their availability this Wednesday

MM said Perry looked good today and that things are better than they thought it would be. Said the replay didn't look good with how he fell but were fortunate

Also just said Alex Green is their lead back and isn't concerned about "rep counts" with him any longer. Said Green is past having any rep counts

Quarless/Zombo are returning this week from PUP and MM thinks both are ready to return. Sherrod is still behind the other 2

Last edited by BloodBrother : 10-15-2012 at 05:17 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnny White

Height:
5-10
Weight:
College:
North Carolina
Experience:

In 2 seasons, bits & pieces behind Fred Jackson & CJ Spiller, J-White has had 20 carries for 72 yards.
He's also had 6 solo tackles on special teams, which will be his role at first.

Was selected by the Buffalo Bills in the 5th round, 133rd overall in last year's (2011) NFL Draft.

Anutha Brutha with dreads so he'll blend right in with dozens of othaz on this team. http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=...ng&w=350&h=254

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1304293096

Here's what one analyst had to say last April after the Bills drafted Johnny:
2011 NFL Draft Grades are in for the Buffalo Bills that managed to find value deep in the trenches of the NFL draft.

The Bills already have a good duo of running backs in Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller. Adding another one such as Johnny White is fantastic considering where they took him.

The Bills went into the fifth round looking for the best possible athlete. Johnny White lacks size and speed, but he has a lot more to like.

White is a tremendous worker. He gives you all he has on every down, not that the Bills will feature him. He has great instincts and will find holes.

He also adds a weapon in the passing game.
You can't discount what he gives you with great hands and the ability to gain yards after reception. The Bills add another role player to an improving offense.

Johnny White #20 of the Buffalo Bills flips the ball to a official after scoring a third quarter touchdown next to Colin Brown #74 during a pre season game at Ford Field on August 30, 2012 in Detroit, Michigan.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously this team is really starting to roll with the dread theme. Before we know it Rodgers might have them as well. Lol

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Seriously this team is really starting to roll with the dread theme. Before we know it Rodgers might have them as well. Lol
Yeah, rumor has it that's why they felt Grant was expendable and preferred to roll with Alex Green & bring in the dreaded Benson. Now White.
Who's next? Ricky Williams?

By the way, I think almost all hits into the fronts of the knees (and backs, sides many times) are cheap shots. See the one on Cushing, the one on Adrian Peterson last year, the ones Delmas puts on etc.

But I don't find anything cheap, dirty with the hit Duane Brown put on DJ Smith, seen here, which ended his season. It was bad luck that the right foot got stuck in the crappy fake grass. And DJ was caught off-guard... have to always be ready for a hit until the play is well over, and that includes just off the sidelines as well.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 10-16-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ricky wasn't terrible last year... So it might be worth it.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Yeah, rumor has it that's why they felt Grant was expendable and preferred to roll with Alex Green & bring in the dreaded Benson. Now White.
Who's next? Ricky Williams?

By the way, I think almost all hits into the fronts of the knees (and backs, sides many times) are cheap shots. See the one on Cushing, the one on Adrian Peterson last year, the ones Delmas puts on etc.

But I don't find anything cheap, dirty with the hit Duane Brown put on DJ Smith, seen here, which ended his season. It was bad luck that the right foot got stuck in the crappy fake grass. And DJ was caught off-guard... have to always be ready for a hit until the play is well over, and that includes just off the sidelines as well.
Collinsworth was referring to a new rule which apparently makes that hit questionable. I'm not familiar with the rule, but yeah it was more just bad luck that his foot stuck in the turf.

I thought the earlier block on Pickett in which he was engaged with his blocker when another lineman cut at his legs should have been called. I thought that was the definition of the chop block. Collinsworth said it was legal. Fortunately he was not injured.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems fairly dirty to me. It was behind a play that was basically over and Smith wasn't involved at all. I don't like it, if the RB wasn't already tackled its a little different.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This whole injury situation has to drive up what Hawk really means to this team, right? I have been as disappointed as everyone else with his play at times, but the guy just stays on the field. Period.

I was definitely one of the ones who was very open to Hawk being on the cut list this year, but now he's a guy I am very glad to have on the roster.

Hopefully he can keep up at least some of that level he was playing at against Hou.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Hawk has actually been pretty decent this season. He's looked better vs the run and is making more plays at the LOS than usual. He obviously is a huge liability in coverage and always will be

He's a solid player who has done a good job of staying on the field and healthy. That means something. Still though, for this 3-4 D to take it to the next level, they'll need to find that stud ILB who does it all.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Hawk has actually been pretty decent this season. He's looked better vs the run and is making more plays at the LOS than usual. He obviously is a huge liability in coverage and always will be

He's a solid player who has done a good job of staying on the field and healthy. That means something. Still though, for this 3-4 D to take it to the next level, they'll need to find that stud ILB who does it all.
I agree with all of this. He seems to be an un-athletic player that has better than average awareness. He's done a real good job of sniffing out plays, but if he just had some more talent he would be able to make some more big plays.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking though some old football cards and found a few De'Mond Parker cards. What if this guy hadn't gotten tore his ACL? Check out the highlights. Imagine him and Ahman Green a few years back.

Last edited by Hawk : 10-17-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Hawk has been very unheralded.
So has James Jones.
These were 2 guys I saw many so-called fans saying we needed to get rid of.

In news:
The Packers have signed 2 players – including a Green Bay native – to their practice squad.

GM Teddy Thompson said the team signed wide receiver Jeremy Ross and defensive end Drew Vanderlin to the practice squad.

Vanderlin is a 6-foot-3, 288-pound rookie out of Michigan Tech. Vanderlin, a graduate of Green Bay Southwest High School, is ranked 2nd on Michigan Tech’s career sacks list with 20. He earned all-conference honors twice and was named the team’s defensive lineman of the year as a junior and a senior. Vanderlin participated in the Packers’ rookie orientation camp on a tryout basis in May. He will wear number 97. That was John Jolly's old number.

• Ross is a 6-foot-tall, 215-pound 1st-year player from the University of California. He has spent time with the New England and Indianapolis organizations, spending the final 13 games of the 2011 season on the Colts’ practice squad. Ross finished his college career ranked second in school history in punt returns, with a 15.2-yard average. He will wear number 10 for Green Bay.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

#UpsetAlert ?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I think any time we go on the road we need to be on alert. Granted we did go into Houston and grab a huge victory last week, but prior to that we dropped games at Indianapolis and Seattle and even last year we lost at Kansas City in our last road game.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think any time we go on the road we need to be on alert. Granted we did go into Houston and grab a huge victory last week, but prior to that we dropped games at Indianapolis and Seattle and even last year we lost at Kansas City in our last road game.
Well we didn't really lose against the Seahawks. But still it was very close and the Seahawks almost won. We can't look past the Rams in any way. They are a decent team who could beat any team if its a goof day.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, Hayward is really looking like one hell of a draft pick.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Woodson broke his collarbone, out six weeks

Old 10-22-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Greaaattttt.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Well, he is old

Good news is the next 3 weeks shape up well with them facing the Jags and CArds and then the Bye week. I think Woodson's presence on the field will be missed moreso than his play at this stage in his career.

If they get Shields back this week or next, I think they can manage just fine
Old 10-22-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

my main concern is I hope Dom doesn't go with more zone coverage because of this
Old 10-23-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This is a big blow but at this point in his career it probably is a bigger blow to the communication and his leadership of this D.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher