Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 7 Discussion Thread

Thursday
Seattle @ San Francisco

Sunday
Tennessee @ Buffalo
Washington @ NY Giants
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay
Dallas @ Carolina
Baltimore @ Houston
Cleveland @ Indianapolis
Green Bay @ St Louis
Arizona @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New England
Jacksonville @ Oakland
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati

Monday
Detroit @ Chicago

HOPEFULLY the Steelers find an end to their road woes this season. Seattle/SF, Baltimore/Houston, GB/STL, and Detroit/Chicago are the games I'm looking forward to. I think the GB/STL game will be closer than people think. I'm also interested in seeing how Baltimore does without three and possibly four of their top defensive players.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would make me very happy if we throttled the Jets. NOT saying it will happen, but I want it to.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay!! We might actually win!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Yay!! We might actually win!
Don't you want a qb? Root for losses. Lots of them.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's unreal what Big Ben and the offense is doing on third down. They are converting a league high 52% of their third downs. The next closest? New England at 47%.

Edit: The defense is giving up an almost league worst 49.2 percent of first downs on third down. That is what's killing this team. Oakland is last with 49.3 percent.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Steelers play the Vikings in London in 2013. Booo.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least its not a home game for you.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well time for Osi to put his money where his mouth is.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Well time for Osi to put his money where his mouth is.
Osi backed off the Bob Griffin comment a long time ago. And has given him a lot of props this week.

It's a nonstory. I'm more concerned about Tuck's washed up behind being able to set the edge and defend against RGIII when he scrambles to his right.

It wouldn't be a terrible idea in my eyes if we put JPP at LE, Kiwi on RE on base downs, and brought Tuck and Osi in on 3rd down to rush the passer: Tuck inside, Osi outside with Kiwi inside and JPP outside.

I know that won't happen though and I'm gonna see RGIII run right around Tuck like he was a tree stump.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Bears come out charged after the bye week. I have a feeling the Lions are going to be rolling after the way they finished the Eagles game though.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Steelers play the Vikings in London in 2013. Booo.
How is this not great news? It's a road game for the Steelers and now I have the best excuse I can think of to jet off to London and Dublin.

Can't wait. Very excited to hear this. As soon as I heard the Vikings were hosting a game I was hoping it would be the Steelers.

As to this week, Troy out yet again. Just can't manage to stay healthy. We really suffer when either he or Clark misses the game. No depth at safety and don't have the corners to man up to try to hide it.

AJ Green horrifies me. Just imagine what he could do to Ike who is having as bad of season as any corner Ive watched.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 10-16-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't know how we're gonna stop bob.

i also didn't know how we were gonna stop cammy cam though.

i also expect the giants passing game to go captain insane-o
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really looking forward to Sunday. My early game is Was/NYG which should be a great, entertaining game. Then the Jets/Pat should be a decent game. I don't expect the Jets to win but always look forward to their matchup.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i don't know how we're gonna stop bob.

i also didn't know how we were gonna stop cammy cam though.

i also expect the giants passing game to go captain insane-o
Bob can be stopped. i think the giants d-line is going to get after him. most of his passes are completions over the middle of the field. just contain him in the pocket and stop the running game.

Eli should torch the skins secondary.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The giants should easily win though. They will be able to drop atleast 40 and im not sure we can keep up.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The giants are gunna come out really flat and have to come back to win it. With how terrible that skins D is right now, I think we'll pull it off, but Washington's gunna get us out of the gates.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We always follow up a great game with a terrible one. It's the giant way.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Thursday
Seattle @ San Francisco

Sunday
Tennessee @ Buffalo
Washington @ NY Giants
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay
Dallas @ Carolina
Baltimore @ Houston
Cleveland @ Indianapolis
Green Bay @ St Louis
Arizona @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New England
Jacksonville @ Oakland
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati

Monday
Detroit @ Chicago

HOPEFULLY the Steelers find an end to their road woes this season. Seattle/SF, Baltimore/Houston, GB/STL, and Detroit/Chicago are the games I'm looking forward to. I think the GB/STL game will be closer than people think. I'm also interested in seeing how Baltimore does without three and possibly four of their top defensive players.
Seattle is in a great spot. Absolutely NO pressure on them. If they lose, which they are expected to, they're still 4-3 without a brutal schedule ahead. If they keep it close, that'll be the 3rd time during the 49ers great run the past two years that they've competed with a top team. And if they win, they're looking at a potentially huge season.

And there's a ******** of pressure on the 49ers after a crushing defeat because a loss would put them potentially in 3rd place and they'd still have to play at Seattle later.

A couple of thoughts:

1) Real big game for Buffalo. On paper they should win, and that would set them up nicely for a run at the playoffs. A loss would be DEVASTATING.

2) The loser of Dallas/Carolina is probably out of it in a tough NFC. A lot at stake there.

3) Houston needs a W (and Baltimore CAN afford a loss so the ridiculous but sometimes correct 'they need it more' situation applies here) to solidify themselves as legitimate. A loss and all of the sudden they start questioning whether or not they can play with the big boys. And that would be a totally legitimate self-evaluation in that event.

4) St. Louis is in a good spot to steal a game.

5) If Arizona loses in Minny, their season officially becomes on slipping-away watch.

6) No one will see the Jets keeping it close on the road against an angry New England team but the offense is actually playing well, Cromartie's balling like crazy, and there's much more pressure on the Pats. Reminds me a little of two games: Houston/Jets on MNF this year and beat-up Giants/Pats last regular season.

7) CLE/IND and JAC/OAK are fun games. I hope TRich plays. Luck's arrow is pointing down after his first truly subpar performance and Weeden's is pointing up with Josh Gordon assimilating nicely. Oakland has to be a little sick right now but their schedule really softens up and their goal should be to finish at 8-8 or 9-7.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

Damn the redskins almost had josh Gordon. Rg3 was pushing hard
Old 10-16-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay no Chiefs to watch this week. I need a week break before our next beatdown. But bring em on, I want a new coaching staff and QB!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All NFC vs NFC and AFC vs AFC this week.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK... Mr Brady, can you and your offense not totally **** the bed in the 4th quarter this time? Please?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers better win this next game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...it-concussions

This explains so much.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our defense played up to their potential for once in the regular season. K won't be surprised if fewell has a brain cramp and.Bob looks like a HOFer. Its going to take a couple regular seasons before I trust the defense and Fewell.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote