Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-16-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No it doesn't. I've seen Eli do it for 8 years now. They just have to stay disciplined. There's no excuse for false starts.

And situational awareness is on both the coaches and players. Austin needs to hurry up back to the huddle. He has to be aware of that.

I'm very impressed with this defense. The LB core is much improved, Carr and Clairborne really boosted that secondary. The football fan in me would love to see a DLmen and Safety in the offseason.

The Giants fan in me hopes you ignore those positions and get a running back or whoever is flashy on the board at the time.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
texans_4_texas
Rookie

texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No it doesn't. I've seen Eli do it for 8 years now. They just have to stay disciplined. There's no excuse for false starts.

And situational awareness is on both the coaches and players. Austin needs to hurry up back to the huddle. He has to be aware of that.

I'm very impressed with this defense. The LB core is much improved, Carr and Clairborne really boosted that secondary. The football fan in me would love to see a DLmen and Safety in the offseason.

The Giants fan in me hopes you ignore those positions and get a running back or whoever is flashy on the board at the time.
It only makes things worse. That is just a fact.
texans_4_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans_4_texas View Post
It only makes things worse. That is just a fact.
Depends. A lot of times defenses disguise their coverages until the last couple of seconds so if you get a hint with 5 seconds left on the clock, if you can make the adjustment and hike it with 1 second left, it helps you.

It hurts you bc defenses can time their launch better if they know you have no choice but to let it go at that exact moment, so it's a give and take.

But the OL needs to stay in their stance. Don't care what's going on around you, you gotta stay in your stance.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Depends. A lot of times defenses disguise their coverages until the last couple of seconds so if you get a hint with 5 seconds left on the clock, if you can make the adjustment and hike it with 1 second left, it helps you.

It hurts you bc defenses can time their launch better if they know you have no choice but to let it go at that exact moment, so it's a give and take.

But the OL needs to stay in their stance. Don't care what's going on around you, you gotta stay in your stance.
13 penalties. 10 on the offense. 6 of them presnap. 3 of them Illegal Shift.

13 Face palms for 13 Penalties.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's bad coaching. Bad preparation. Poor discipline. Especially coming off a bye. There's no excuse for that.

And some OL players are penalty prone. They try to compensate for their lack of speed by trying to beat the hike and get hit with false start a lot. I've seen this first hand with Petitgout. Those type of players, you just gotta bench em. They are what they are.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's bad coaching. Bad preparation. Poor discipline. Especially coming off a bye. There's no excuse for that.

And some OL players are penalty prone. They try to compensate for their lack of speed by trying to beat the hike and get hit with false start a lot. I've seen this first hand with Petitgout. Those type of players, you just gotta bench em. They are what they are.
Here's our reason.

"Good job. Good effort."
Old 10-16-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ogletree got hit with an illegal motion penalty once that looked like bs. He was already set when the ball was snapped, but whatever. I don't know if the cadence is changed when Romo makes his reads at the line, but our players are stupid. Just really, really dumb.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Ogletree got hit with an illegal motion penalty once that looked like bs. He was already set when the ball was snapped, but whatever. I don't know if the cadence is changed when Romo makes his reads at the line, but our players are stupid. Just really, really dumb.
Which is even more of a reason why i'm not on the "Garrett lost the game" bandwagon. A 51 yarder isn't a gimmie by any means, it should be in a starting FG kickers range though, you take a presnap penalty by Witten/Free or Ogs right there and it pushes most kickers out of their range. Kickers are just finnicky as hell, look at the Arizona kicker making it from 61, and then missing a chip shot in OT.

The penalties are drive killers...and maybe that falls squarely on JG and the coaching staff, but in that specific instance, yea they maybe could've ran the ball for a couple yards to make the kick easier...but I'm not convinced at all they could've gotten the snap off without drawing a penalty.

That's sad:(

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 10-17-2012 at 07:55 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YO, can we talk about the upcoming game instead of all this negative stuff. What are they keys to victory against the Panthers?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not allowing 3rd and longs to be converted.

Think that's going to be the key to the game(and most games). Cowboys just have issues getting the offense off the field. If they can stop Cam from running around, I think they win pretty easily. Panthers never stick to the running game, so it'll be about containing Cam/Smith.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
YO, can we talk about the upcoming game instead of all this negative stuff. What are they keys to victory against the Panthers?
Lol, well we would love to not talk about the negative stuff but we do the same stupid stuff every week which is why we keep talking about it. I have been annoyed with penalties on this team easily within the last 8 years or so as a major problem, I would love to see where we have ranked in penalties since that time.

For Carolina all we need to do is completely blanket Smith, and mix up the coverages. Give Cam something to think about. I'm not worried about the D though, it's the offense. We already looked bad, now with Felix starting it'll get even uglier.

Anybody wanna bet he finishes the game injured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lol, well we would love to not talk about the negative stuff but we do the same stupid stuff every week which is why we keep talking about it. I have been annoyed with penalties on this team easily within the last 8 years or so as a major problem, I would love to see where we have ranked in penalties since that time.

For Carolina all we need to do is completely blanket Smith, and mix up the coverages. Give Cam something to think about. I'm not worried about the D though, it's the offense. We already looked bad, now with Felix starting it'll get even uglier.

Anybody wanna bet he finishes the game injured?
If we handle it the way we should, he won't finish injured. Split the carries up and give Tanner and Dunbar some carries.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Panthers defense is soft as cream cheese, if Felix doesn't finish this game with 100+yfs for my fantasy team, he's never gonna do anything in his life and i hate him.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Dunbar is a better runner then Felix, sucks that 1 was a UDFA and another was a 1st rounder, so we know who'll get forced the ball. It's all a moot point because Felix will be on the sideline getting checked out by the trainers anyway and we'll get to see a little more of Dunbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

This is the time of the year where all teams that have more than 2 losses grossly overreact about their teams performance. In today's NFL as long as you can stay close to .500 football come December, you can easily make a run and get to the show and win the super bowl.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is the time of the year where all teams that have more than 2 losses grossly overreact about their teams performance. In today's NFL as long as you can stay close to .500 football come December, you can easily make a run and get to the show and win the super bowl.
When was the last time we made a run in December? Anybody?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
When was the last time we made a run in December? Anybody?
Quit living in the past. I honestly believe that if our defense can hold up and be a top 5 defense we can make a run. Yes Baltimore's run defense sucks, but we made strides running the ball last week. I'm confident that we'll work through the mental errors. I know that the team maybe hasn't doing anything recently for me to put much faith in them, but hey I gotta hang on to something.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
texans_4_texas
Rookie

texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas

Defense has not acquitted itself that well either.

In both the Chicago and Baltimore games, they did not get big stops in the second half. Instead they allowed TDs/Points.

So plenty of blame to go around.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
texans_4_texas
Rookie

Quote:
Fair enough, but not if you want to win the division and get home field.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Not allowing 3rd and longs to be converted.

Think that's going to be the key to the game(and most games). Cowboys just have issues getting the offense off the field. If they can stop Cam from running around, I think they win pretty easily. Panthers never stick to the running game, so it'll be about containing Cam/Smith.
We are #1 in the league in not allowing 3rd down conversions. We just think we suck because we're watching our team with tunnel vision to what goes on outside of us.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think Dunbar is a better runner then Felix, sucks that 1 was a UDFA and another was a 1st rounder, so we know who'll get forced the ball. It's all a moot point because Felix will be on the sideline getting checked out by the trainers anyway and we'll get to see a little more of Dunbar.
Hahaha Felix has soured you BAAAAAD. Funny thing... I'm totally with ya. LOL.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Defense has not acquitted itself that well either.

In both the Chicago and Baltimore games, they did not get big stops in the second half. Instead they allowed TDs/Points.

So plenty of blame to go around.
Why aren't you banned again yet, Bob? And i'm surprised you've gone 7 whole posts without bashing Dez, Jerry or singing Bill Parcells' praises.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
texans_4_texas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Why aren't you banned again yet, Bob? And i'm surprised you've gone 7 whole posts without bashing Dez, Jerry or singing Bill Parcells' praises.
Lots of material to cover.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Lots of material to cover.
All of it, meaningless.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Garrett on Mackenzy...

“He probably played his best ball game against Baltimore,” Garrett said.

“Big part of that rushing attack, big part of the protection that we had against them and having the success that we had on offense,” Garrett said. “And you know, he’s just learning and getting better each and every day. His approach is the right one. There are certainly some things he needs to clean up. We see that on the tape. But he works hard to get better at it, and again, he probably played his best ballgame against Baltimore.”

I know we all loved the rushing attack on Sunday. Let's hope it continues.