Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 10-17-2012, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lineup help ploz!

PICK 1 QB:

Cam Newton vs. DAL
Big Ben @ CIN

Pick 2 RB: 1PPR + Return Yards

Adrian Peterson vs. ARI
Alfred Morris @ NYG
Felix Jones @ CAR

Pick 2 WR: 1PPR + Return Yards

Reggie Wayne vs. CLE
Dez Bryant @ CAR
Randall Cobb @ STL
Mike Williams vs. NO
Sidney Rice @ SF

Pick 1 TE: 1PPR

Jason Witten @ CAR
Martellus Bennett vs. WAS

Pick 1 FLEX: From remaining RB/WR/TE

Thanks people!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roethlisberger
Peterson
Morris
Wayne
Bryant
Witten
Cobb/Jones ... toss-up for this one. return yards might swing it toward Cobb
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I have Peyton on a bye. Do I start Dalton vs Pittsburgh or try to drop him for Hasselbeck vs Buffalo?

Also, great problem to have, but who should sit out of Foster, Peterson, Richardson, and Spiller?
Dalton is the higher upside but bigger risk. If you've got a solid lineup that will give you good numbers he's a nice play for the big game. Primetime game, too. But Hass has a great matchup and represents the safer start. I doubt we see him go over 250, though. Dalton has been throwing INTs but he's also consistently throwing over 300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Dez Bryant @ CAR

or

James Jones @ STL

Standard Yahoo league.
Dez. The Rams CBs have been excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Should I try and trade Torrey Smith? the last two weeks his catches have gone down, and he hasn't seen many targets. Would like to get a WR or RB who has already gone through a bye week to replace Torrey as my Flex player.
It's always worth shopping him. If you can improve somewhere else, do it.

OT - I see some similarities to Rivers/VJax circa 2007. I drafted both of those guys that year expecting a big breakout (same as I figured for Flacco/Torrey this year) but was one year ahead of the curve. I still think we will see that jump and maybe it's just next year for Flacco/Torrey. Flacco may be on the outs for me, though. He has too much going for him to make it this year with the offensive philosophy focusing on passing, the emergence of Pitta & Smith and the all-important contract year.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Lineup help ploz!

PICK 1 QB:

Cam Newton vs. DAL
Big Ben @ CIN

Pick 2 RB: 1PPR + Return Yards

Adrian Peterson vs. ARI
Alfred Morris @ NYG
Felix Jones @ CAR

Pick 2 WR: 1PPR + Return Yards

Reggie Wayne vs. CLE
Dez Bryant @ CAR

Randall Cobb @ STL
Mike Williams vs. NO
Sidney Rice @ SF

Pick 1 TE: 1PPR

Jason Witten @ CAR
Martellus Bennett vs. WAS

Pick 1 FLEX: From remaining RB/WR/TE

Thanks people!
Bolded. I do like Williams in a game that should force plenty of passing, but not enough to play him over Morris or Jones in the flex.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bye week's killing me. Need a WR:

Shorts vs Oakland
DHB vs Jax
Sidney Rice vs SF
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go with DHB Scotty.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lately I have been just trying to rape who I am playing by stealing the top players on waivers at positions they have people on byes.

I love playing dirty.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
bye week's killing me. Need a WR:

Shorts vs Oakland
DHB vs Jax
Sidney Rice vs SF
DHB. I just added him last night (don't need to start him) and this morning read that he was on the field more than any other WR for Oakland. He probably still needs time to get back in synch with Palmer but he is a much better option than Shorts (who never sees the field despite putting up huge plays when he's in ???) and I've never been a Rice fan. He's too fragile and that offense doesn't pass much. That one is likely to be a defensive battle, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Lately I have been just trying to rape who I am playing by stealing the top players on waivers at positions they have people on byes.

I love playing dirty.
I always respect the block. Nothing dirty about it. Pay attention to your team and don't allow it to happen.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
DHB. I just added him last night (don't need to start him) and this morning read that he was on the field more than any other WR for Oakland. He probably still needs time to get back in synch with Palmer but he is a much better option than Shorts (who never sees the field despite putting up huge plays when he's in ???) and I've never been a Rice fan. He's too fragile and that offense doesn't pass much. That one is likely to be a defensive battle, anyway.

I always respect the block. Nothing dirty about it. Pay attention to your team and don't allow it to happen.
I am trying. I just picked up Cutler a week early to avoid such a thing.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I am trying. I just picked up Cutler a week early to avoid such a thing.
It's not always easy. I had a guy block me by taking Hass and I had to add and start Sanchez. 17 vs. 12 points, but I still won (against Shane lol) thankfully. Locker's injury is hurting me in a few leagues. Missing his bye week start FTL.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's not always easy. I had a guy block me by taking Hass and I had to add and start Sanchez. 17 vs. 12 points, but I still won (against Shane lol) thankfully. Locker's injury is hurting me in a few leagues. Missing his bye week start FTL.
Next week is going to be a little more rough because I have 3 byes. I just picked up Gordon as a block but I might have to drop him next week to get a defense and a kicker.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Next week is going to be a little more rough because I have 3 byes. I just picked up Gordon as a block but I might have to drop him next week to get a defense and a kicker.
I hear you. I have Atlanta's kicker and DST so I have to deal with that nonsense this week. The only other issue I will have is week 11 when Harvin and Peterson are out. I'm in first place but have terrible depth. Amendola was my go-to bye week guy and he's broken through all the byes.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only thing is shorts is now starting and will see more time. But i'm leaning DHB. Hoping he busts out a big play.

and IBC, I LOVE doing that, it's great
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick 2:

Alfred Morris vs NYG
Darren McFadden vs Jacksonville
Doug Martin vs NO
Rashard Mendenhall vs Cincy

Pick one:
Anyone left over from the RBs
Josh Gordon vs IND

1 point PPR

I'm leaning towards Morris, DMAC, and Martin, though Gordon is intriguing me.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
the only thing is shorts is now starting and will see more time. But i'm leaning DHB. Hoping he busts out a big play.

and IBC, I LOVE doing that, it's great
Obviously I haven't seen a Jags game (who has?) but I don't know what it is they're seeing in Robinson that keeps Shorts on the sidelines. Or in Thomas that had him ahead on the depth chart until this week. He clearly has a good chemistry with Gabbert and is good after the catch. IDK, it's irrelevant until they produce something better than the anemic numbers they've managed so far. Oakland can't block for **** in the run game so I'd bank on Palmer & DHB. Gabbert & Shorts sounds like a punch line and that's about what it is in the game right now.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Pick 2:

Alfred Morris vs NYG
Darren McFadden vs Jacksonville
Doug Martin vs NO
Rashard Mendenhall vs Cincy

Pick one:
Anyone left over from the RBs
Josh Gordon vs IND

1 point PPR

I'm leaning towards Morris, DMAC, and Martin, though Gordon is intriguing me.
10 characters

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
10 characters
I concur. Gordon is intriguing but he's still a very raw talent that is currently a one-trick-pony. He's not a wise start over the RB talent you have.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Default Thoughts?

Pick one for my flex spot in the league I mentioned "not needing to start DHB."

0.5 PPR

DHB vs. Jax
Gibson vs. GB
Blount vs. NO
B.Bolden vs. NYJ (not sure of his injury status yet b/c, well, it's BB.)

Old 10-17-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pick one for my flex spot in the league I mentioned "not needing to start DHB."

0.5 PPR

DHB vs. Jax
Gibson vs. GB
Blount vs. NO
B.Bolden vs. NYJ (not sure of his injury status yet b/c, well, it's BB.)
Gibson

also, thought on Vincent Brown once he comes off the PUP? i'm picking him up and dropping LSH because everything i'm reading says expect big things from him with Meachem having trouble picking up the offense.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Gibson

also, thought on Vincent Brown once he comes off the PUP? i'm picking him up and dropping LSH because everything i'm reading says expect big things from him with Meachem having trouble picking up the offense.
Worth the grab if you're dropping someone like that. Meachem looks like a guy who got paid and is now phoning it in. He could have put in a lot more effort on the few balls he had come his way against the Broncos.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what do you guys think of Jay Cutler this week? has had extra time to prepare, DET's d-line looked great against the Eagles run game and DET can score enough to keep it close. could he have a big weekend?
Old 10-17-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
what do you guys think of Jay Cutler this week? has had extra time to prepare, DET's d-line looked great against the Eagles run game and DET can score enough to keep it close. could he have a big weekend?
I think he's a good start. He's so up and down it's impossible to tell. Who else do you have?

Old 10-17-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
I think he's a good start. He's so up and down it's impossible to tell. Who else do you have?
I can pick anyone, it's just based on price.

here's the full list, I have $60,000 to spend total on 9 positions, $50,000 on 7 if you take out D and K

Old 10-17-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i'm starting schaub instead of getting cutler. i just got so sick of him
Quote:
Old 10-17-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I can pick anyone, it's just based on price.

here's the full list, I have $60,000 to spend total on 9 positions, $50,000 on 7 if you take out D and K

Cutler isn't on the list. Tough to not love Eli. He's got a great chance to be the #1 scoring QB.