Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
OK... Mr Brady, can you and your offense not totally **** the bed in the 4th quarter this time? Please?
I know its asking alot, but dear defense, if you could not allow teams to march up and down the field in the 4th thatd be great too. But yeah more importantly Brady, could you sustain maybe one drive in the 4th for once since that seems to be an issue the past three or so years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the teams in the AFC East are 3-3

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
All the teams in the AFC East are 3-3
I know. I had relatively high expectations for the Pats this year, not SB winners or anything but at least to make it relatively far in the playoffs. At this point I just don't see enough mental toughness for that to happen. Now I'll just be happy if we win the division.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I know. I had relatively high expectations for the Pats this year, not SB winners or anything but at least to make it relatively far in the playoffs. At this point I just don't see enough mental toughness for that to happen. Now I'll just be happy if we win the division.
At the most important position on the team, you've got Tom Brady. They have Ryan Fitzpatrick, Mark Sanchez, and a rookie. Guess who I expect to hold up better over the course of the season.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
At the most important position on the team, you've got Tom Brady. They have Ryan Fitzpatrick, Mark Sanchez, and a rookie. Guess who I expect to hold up better over the course of the season.
Which is why i said Ive reset my expectations or hopes to at least winning the division. as a pats fan, and I know its not nearly as bad as fans of other teams, but its so damn frustrating that weve lost three games by a total of four points, when we were winning two of them up until mid 4th, and another on a missed fg. I'm just not sure we have it in us to be an elite team this season, as it is we got very lucky getting to the SB last year.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-17-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which is why i said Ive reset my expectations or hopes to at least winning the division. as a pats fan, and I know its not nearly as bad as fans of other teams, but its so damn frustrating that weve lost three games by a total of four points, when we were winning two of them up until mid 4th, and another on a missed fg. I'm just not sure we have it in us to be an elite team this season, as it is we got very lucky getting to the SB last year.
Whatever the quality is that would make up championship DNA this team does not have. This year unlike many other years I would say that we're not lacking talent, and collectively I'd take our offense/front 7 (as in both together) vs. anybody else's in the league, however our secondary is just so horrifically bad. Our coaching staff and QB seem to panic whenever we're in the 4th and have a lead. Instead of going for our tried and true plays like Welker on an out route, a quick dump off to Gronk, or a Ridley run between Gronk and the tackles we instead opp for stretch plays which have the potential to lose yardage, Danny Woodhead up the gut in the I, or slants to Deion Branch against Pro Bowl caliber cornerbacks. Plus drops, missed FG's, dumb penalties, and bad special teams have sunk us.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of Giants fans were probably thinking the same thing at times last year and in 2007. We aren't totally similar, but I can't believe how we are writing ourselves off already. Bad start to the year for sure but we have the same record as everyone else in the division, let's try to win some games and see what happens.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually I take it back. Fire Belichick and bring back Pete Carroll. Paging Drew Bledsoe.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
A lot of Giants fans were probably thinking the same thing at times last year and in 2007. We aren't totally similar, but I can't believe how we are writing ourselves off already. Bad start to the year for sure but we have the same record as everyone else in the division, let's try to win some games and see what happens.
I don't doubt that we can win the Superbowl, but as things stand right now there is a long list of problems that have consistently sunk us that continue to plague us. I expect us to be the 2/3 seed when it's all said and done, and maybe even a SB birth is in the cards, but this team is becoming Cowboy-esque in the way that if finds ways to lose. This stigma is hard to lose once you have it, and I think that it is starting to weigh on the minds of the players in these close games. I think some victories where we make big plays late in the game vs. legitimate opponents like the Texans and the 49ers would help, but without doing so before the playoffs, I just have a hard time seeing history not repeat itself.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well it was a year where we had question marks. We promoted Gilbride and 2007 was his first full year. So how would Eli do once hufagnel was fired? Who is Spags? We liked his background but how would he do in his first year ever as a DC? We had fired Tim Lewis so we had changes. How would Gilbride and Spags do? That was the theme. How would Eli fare with no Tiki there distracting the offense by throwing people under the bus. 2007 was a magical year because it was unexpected. That's what makes that year special.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, it is a little silly to be writing us off after 6 weeks. It really isn't a stretch to say the Pats are still in an okay position to take the #1 seed in the AFC.

Houston have never in their history been a front runner and they just got man handled. Let's see how they go down the stretch.

Baltimore have serious injury issues and we still need to see if Flacco can lead this team when it gets tight at the end of the season.

The Pats are 2 games out of the #1 seed with the easiest schedule remaining. They have also lost 3 games by a combined 4 points as Jvig mentioned. Not to mention in the 3 games they lost they have really hindered themselves with missed field goals, poor clock management, poor play calling and some stupid and some questionable penalties.

Both starting safeties for NE were out at the end of the Seattle game. That led to Tavon Wilson and Nate Ebner playing. Wilson has played well in spells this season but isn't read for a starting role. Ebner has some real tools but let's remember that this guy never played defense in college. The mistake that Wilson made on the long TD was a stupid mistake. You gotta think that kind of thing won't happen again.

From now until a two game spell at the end of the season with SF and Hou NE will likely be heavy favourites in every game. If they get on a roll then there is a decent chance they can win out.

No team in the AFC scares from from the Pats point of view. The Texans look the most complete team, however they aren't invincible.

I am not stating now I think the Pats are favourites to get to the Superbowl, however I still have high hopes that they will and would not be shocked if they did.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have Eli and TC so I'm always confident we can win any game and turn the season around. You guys are the same with Brady and BB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
I'm not saying its impossible, and it certainly can happen but right now what ive seen from this team just doesn't sell me. Its early, we can get on a roll for sure, but as Cmarq stated, its reoccurring issues that are plaguing us right now. we havent been able to win close games against good teams in the 4th for a few years now, and its just tiring as a fan. Maybe we can catch on in the playoffs, but this team is not comparable to the giants one last year or a few years ago. They at least played up to their competition or down to it, and could pull off close games. Weve just been finding ways to lose, I like the cowboys comparison. We have the talent, but were killing ourselves when it matters and its been persistent for awhile now.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-17-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
We have Eli and TC so I'm always confident we can win any game and turn the season around. You guys are the same with Brady and BB
Must be nice having a head coach..... :(
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Man, I really feel for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I have a good feeling about this one. If you think Fitz is good now, just wait until the weather turns bad!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Man, I really feel for you.

I have a good feeling about this one. If you think Fitz is good now, just wait until the weather turns bad!
Hence why I said i know its not nearly as bad as expectations for fans of other teams poopy pants. I'm not that ignant

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-17-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hence why I said i know its not nearly as bad as expectations for fans of other teams poopy pants. I'm not that ignant
You should know that I have an attention span that can only be measured in nanoseconds.

I'm in the majority in thinking that the Pats still end up taking the division. So if you want to just demolish the Jets this week, that could be nice. Either result will probably please me, so long as the Bills win.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
You should know that I have an attention span that can only be measured in nanoseconds.

I'm in the majority in thinking that the Pats still end up taking the division. So if you want to just demolish the Jets this week, that could be nice. Either result will probably please me, so long as the Bills win.
The Jets are the only team i would be furious losing to so hopefully we show up for all 4 quarters this game.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-17-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets have been playing better. Tebow is making a nice impact on the fake punts. The Pats game is a good measuring stick game for them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i don't know how we're gonna stop bob.

i also didn't know how we were gonna stop cammy cam though.

i also expect the giants passing game to go captain insane-o
The same way we stopped Cam. The same way we stop Vick.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants' athletic DEs are the kryptonite to mobile QBs. It's all about being able to pressure the QB in certain situations and then also being able to contain them when they want to take off the most. That's where the mistakes come.

They don't always make the play but they mess with the QBs rhythm and the LBs can clean up missed tackles.

Both Cam and RGIII will be better for their health and effectiveness if they become almost entirely pocket passers and just use their mobility to buy time. Cam usually doesn't want to take off, not sure about RGIII.

If you have Felix Jones start him. He'll destroy the Panther's run defense. I'd also expect a good day from Romo. His type of mobility should be able to get around the Panthers' pass rush which is the only decent thing they have.

I have no idea what's going to happen on offense. I'll be livid if they try this read option against Ware and Lee. A good 3-4 defense isn't going to be beaten by that crap and DeAngelo never does well when he plays bigger LBs. UGH.

Last edited by ShutDwn : 10-17-2012 at 12:08 PM.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felix Jones will be injured before the game is out. I'm just alerting everyone now before you get excited over him in fantasy and end up angry afterwards. Lance Dunbar is a gem though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit man. I got Felix already. Is Murray gonna be out awhile?

Should I pick up Dunbar?
Old 10-17-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I agree, it is a little silly to be writing us off after 6 weeks. It really isn't a stretch to say the Pats are still in an okay position to take the #1 seed in the AFC.

Houston have never in their history been a front runner and they just got man handled. Let's see how they go down the stretch.

Baltimore have serious injury issues and we still need to see if Flacco can lead this team when it gets tight at the end of the season.

The Pats are 2 games out of the #1 seed with the easiest schedule remaining. They have also lost 3 games by a combined 4 points as Jvig mentioned. Not to mention in the 3 games they lost they have really hindered themselves with missed field goals, poor clock management, poor play calling and some stupid and some questionable penalties.

Both starting safeties for NE were out at the end of the Seattle game. That led to Tavon Wilson and Nate Ebner playing. Wilson has played well in spells this season but isn't read for a starting role. Ebner has some real tools but let's remember that this guy never played defense in college. The mistake that Wilson made on the long TD was a stupid mistake. You gotta think that kind of thing won't happen again.

From now until a two game spell at the end of the season with SF and Hou NE will likely be heavy favourites in every game. If they get on a roll then there is a decent chance they can win out.

No team in the AFC scares from from the Pats point of view. The Texans look the most complete team, however they aren't invincible.

I am not stating now I think the Pats are favourites to get to the Superbowl, however I still have high hopes that they will and would not be shocked if they did.
Good to see the Patriots forum is alive and well here.

The Seattle game is one that just got away from them. In my opinion a bad coaching decision to not go for the FG before the half and a really lazy effort on the second to last drive for Seattle, to say nothing of a really stupid personal foul by Spikes for clubing Russell Wilson.

I think they can be effective enough with their defense to be the team to come out of the AFC, there is just too much talent on offense that i don't see other teams stopping. I'd probably have to put them about 5th behind NFC teams but Superbowl is very doable.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Dammit man. I got Felix already. Is Murray gonna be out awhile?

Should I pick up Dunbar?
Murray is only gonna miss I'd guess 2 games. But depends how deep your league is, but as soon as Felix gets hurt Dunbar will be the pick-up of the week, he's a nice end of bench add until Murray is back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote