Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-17-2012, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tuck is much more disciplined in making sure people don't get around him. Sometimes too much so at a detriment to his pass rushing. It's Osi that I worry about when it comes to that. How many times did McCoy get around him and then Osi just smiles as he walks back to the huddle? That's the main thing I'm worried about this Sunday.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I thought Tuck had a real good game. He never got to the QB but he collapsed the pocket a ton form his side. Tuck is like a lot of people on this team. He looks mediocre most of the time, and rises to the occasion in a huge way in the big games.
Yeah this was my feeling as well. It's not a Tuck problem it's a Giants problem.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the coaching staff asks Osi to over pursue sometimes if that makes any sense. This way they know that the offense will be running towards his side most of the time and can adjust accordingly. There has to be a reason the staff allows him to do it all the time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Is it too early in the week to point out that Justin Tuck is washed up?

Think about it. The guy isn't great at rushing the passer, is always hurt, lost almost all of his speed (whatever he has left of it), and is coming off the books.

Do we even want to re-sign him? There's no doubt in my mind that his pricetag will far exceed his value on the field. And with Nicks, Cruz, and JPP to think about (not to mention KP), we need to save money somewhere.

I'm starting to think the right move is to let both Osi and Tuck walk. But I'd be shocked if we don't try to re-sign Tuck. And I have a feeling we'll regret that.

No, I mentioned it before too. He looks about done. You may get a game or couple from him but full time beast mode appears to be done. Personally is let both tuck a.d osj walk. I do want us investing more money in them. Maybe put Kiwi back on the line and see how he does.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
No, I mentioned it before too. He looks about done. You may get a game or couple from him but full time beast mode appears to be done. Personally is let both tuck a.d osj walk. I do want us investing more money in them. Maybe put Kiwi back on the line and see how he does.
I want to see Kiwi back on the line and to hopefully stay there permanently. As for Osi, I feel like his value is in being a situational pass rusher he's just awful against the run.

Anyway our drafts are all about value... if they're is a DE in round 1 or 2 who we like you best believe he'll be a Giant.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I want to see Kiwi back on the line and to hopefully stay there permanently. As for Osi, I feel like his value is in being a situational pass rusher he's just awful against the run.

Anyway our drafts are all about value... if they're is a DE in round 1 or 2 who we like you best believe he'll be a Giant.

Hopefully we go OL and continue to add and develop those guys. And no stupid developmental OL picks. That way has been a waste and epic failure. I want to see Ojomo play and see if he can add firepower to the team.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU and I drafted Michael Buchanan in the forum mock in round 2. physical freak. Total Giants pick
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Canty practicing. No Williams this week. I'd like to have a healthy trio of Boley, Williams, and Rivers eventually.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why no Williams this week? We need him this week!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He hurt his knee against the 49'ers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one thing: Baas has been AWESOME this year. It's great. BBD, looks like you MIGHT have jumped the gun on him last year haha.

and i'll eat my crow. here's looking at you forenci. Beatty hasn't been the worst player to ever step on a football field the last few weeks
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, I still hate him and Beatty. **** both of them.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i still hate beatty but baas has been an animal this year. got what we paid for thus far
Quote:
Old 10-17-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

BBD's negativity is a ******* eyesore. I guess you're such a homer with a ****** Knicks franchise you have to piss all over the amazingness that is the Giants?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Relax.

I'm just very critical of the Giants and know its a long season, so I don't want to get too excited in October.

Besides, I'm superstitious, and when I feel good about the team, they usually start playing poorly. So some of it is me feeding my own superstitions.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

And I'm gonna drink champagne like Bosh when we win the championship this year!

#KnicksChampionship
Old 10-17-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Tuck won 2 SB's. It's a little bit of a different situation than you guys had with Ellis.
My point had nothing to do with winning. I guess that just went over your head.

Dump Tuck. Nobody fears him. Not even Doug Free.

The Cowboys have had this problem over the years.... they don't want to let guys go when they need to.... at least Greg Ellis played half way decent... but Bradie James, Keith Brooking, Terence Newman, Marcus Spears, Martellus Bennett, Leonard Davis, Kyle Kosier... I could go on and on. Instead of dumping them before they run out of uselessness, they keep 'em around. I won't doubt for a second that they will do the same to Felix Jones this offseason.

Teams like the Patriots know how to do it right by trading their players for top value BEFORE they lose value in their stock. IMO, they are the model.

It will be interesting to see which way you go with Tuck.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
My point had nothing to do with winning. I guess that just went over your head.

Dump Tuck. Nobody fears him. Not even Doug Free.

The Cowboys have had this problem over the years.... they don't want to let guys go when they need to.... at least Greg Ellis played half way decent... but Bradie James, Keith Brooking, Terence Newman, Marcus Spears, Martellus Bennett, Leonard Davis, Kyle Kosier... I could go on and on. Instead of dumping them before they run out of uselessness, they keep 'em around. I won't doubt for a second that they will do the same to Felix Jones this offseason.

Teams like the Patriots know how to do it right by trading their players for top value BEFORE they lose value in their stock. IMO, they are the model.

It will be interesting to see which way you go with Tuck.
And you missed my point. It's just not that easy when you have a FRANCHISE player. You don't just send them packing.

As for Bennett thank you. I knew Coughlin, Pope, and Eli could make him into more than just a blocker.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And I'm gonna drink champagne like Bosh when we win the championship this year!

#KnicksChampionship
I will hurt you. You make me sad to show my face in the NBA thread.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Relax.

I'm just very critical of the Giants and know its a long season, so I don't want to get too excited in October.

Besides, I'm superstitious, and when I feel good about the team, they usually start playing poorly. So some of it is me feeding my own superstitions.
I always have been also but for whatever reason it's pretty much completely gone. I used have to my dumb little rituals on what jersey I'd wear or where I'd watch games or whatever but I've completely abandoned everything. And nothing has changed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never understood superstition. I believe in things I can't see, but for some reason I've never understood the rational of superstition.

What we say or do as fans has zero impact on the field.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I worked out to a lot of our games last year and depending on whether I was working out or in between sets/resting, the team either made plays or gave them up. It's why I watched the whole SB run on my own, I noticed it earlier in the year, but decided to save it for when we had to win.

Do I believe I actually influenced the games? No, I generally don't do the whole belief thing, but did I notice a weird pattern that I never the less treated as though it were real? Yeah, and it worked, so I don't really know what to say about it, but I'm an atheist who talks to god under the thinking that just cause I don't believe he/she/it exists doesn't mean he/she/it doesn't actually exist.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 10-18-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I always have been also but for whatever reason it's pretty much completely gone. I used have to my dumb little rituals on what jersey I'd wear or where I'd watch games or whatever but I've completely abandoned everything. And nothing has changed.
I don't know man. Mine are dead on. I don't even wear any Giants gear on game day. Don't even wear blue! Because every time I do they lose.

Never hear the game on the radio. Every time I do they lose.

I don't shave on gameday. In 07 I said I wouldn't shave until we lost, and we went on to win the SB, and from that time til now I have a ritual where I won't shave on gamedays.

I never gas up the team. When I do they start playing poorly.

I'll never go to a playoff game even though I have season tickets! Because every playoff game I went to, they lost.

When we beat Philly, I celebrate by going to Philadelphia and ordering a cheesesteak and eating it there with my Giants gear on. Haven't had a good cheesesteak in a long time...

Every jersey I've owned...the player got hurt. So I only wear their jerseys during the week, never on game day. And I try to avoid buying current player jerseys. Only retired guys.

So yeah. As you can tell...I'm pretty superstitious. I take it to the next level.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I broke my ritual for the first time in maybe 6 years last week and we f'ed up the 49ers. Normally I wear the same jersey until we lose, and then I switch it up. But I wore different jerseys without and loss and nothing changed.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

My superstition streak snapped at the playoff game last year. I vowed never to go to another Giants home playoff game because we lost the previous 2 I was at. Well I went to the Falcons game and we kicked that ass so everything went out the window.

I also would do the thing that Jughead just explained but that's no more also. I've changed jerseys after wins and we've still won and I've also kept the same jersey after we lost and then we won the next game. I'm just trying to enjoy this season more so than in the past and not get worried/worked up about everything little thing.

Where are your seats in the new stadium BBD?

sig by BoneKrusher