Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-18-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2 Prospects I like from Oregon/ASU game

Kind of sleepers, although I don't know how much longer the first one will stay under-the-radar.

Oregon TE/RB Colt Lyerla 6'5" 246 Sophomore
http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205125608

His NFL position is definitely TE but the Ducks have actually lined up the 6'5" Lyerla at halfback and given him the ball. He's like a faster, more athletic Gronkowski. He was a stud LB in high school.

Not that anyone from ASU's defense should be looked at tonight but I like what I've seen all year from ASU safety Chris Young.

Arizona State Chris Young SS 6'0" 232 Junior
http://www.thesundevils.com/sports/m...g_chris00.html

I first noticed Young two years ago as a Freshman at Arizona Western CC. USC was high on Jesse Williams (Alabama), Aaron Douglas (Alabama*died of a drug overdose), and Isaiah Wiley (USC) but I told the guy from WeAreSC that besides Williams, Young was the most impressive player on the field. As a sophomore, he was named the Western States Football League Defensive Player of the Year, the Arizona Community College Athletic Conference Co-Defensive Player of the Year and a first team All-American after racking up 111 tackles (30 for loss), 8.5 sacks, five fumble recoveries, four forced fumbles, two interceptions and six defensive touchdowns.

He's a strong safety only but he's very physical and doesn't get lost or hurt his team in coverage. Mid to late round type player.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
PeterMurray
Rookie

PeterMurray is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PeterMurray is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PeterMurray is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PeterMurray is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PeterMurray is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PeterMurray is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PeterMurray is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PeterMurray is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PeterMurray is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PeterMurray is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PeterMurray is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lyerla reminds me of Aaron Hernandez with the way he can line up all over the field and be a very versatile weapon. I think he will be used in the right way somewhere at the next level.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lyerla got banged up late in the first half for the Ducks, supposed it was nothing more than taking a hit on the knee and he's fine.

In the Oregon offense you aren't going to get as many looks as you would for other schools. I kind of like the Gronkowski comparison for Lyerla for his ability to get the ball at it's highest point. He's clearly got more speed than the two Patiot TEs.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Lyerla is a different style player than Gronk. Lyerla is not as long or as skilled a blocker, although he is very physical and a better blocker than most college TEs. He is probably faster than Gronk, but I doubt he is the complete receiver that Gronk is. I still like Lyerla a lot, though, and I expect him to have success in the NFL
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote