Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 10-18-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mwahaha love sniping everyone for Elam. Extremely physical player, nice build, great athlete, elite with the ball in his hands and should help as a returner. I almost took him in the first, can't believe he fell to me in the 2nd. Then I considered taking Easley in the 2nd too, and he fell to me in the third xD. Easley hasn't been healthy at all this year but the dude is an elite athlete inside. Incredible quickness and power. Where he plays would kind of depend on Wolfe's development, Easley had the body to play end or tackle, though I like him more at tackle, so he'd probably play there with Wolfe at end, and the two of them at DT in nickel with Doom and Von outside. Bostic has the ideal body for a mike and is a ridiculous athlete. Extremely explosive. Still learning to play linebacker, but hopefully with DJ, Von, Woodyard, and Irving, Bostic can develop a bit while being a 2 down guy early. Feel really good about the defensive additions at each level.

Oh and I also drafted an elite back for Manning in Lattimore. SEC speed baby!

Also if this were an offseason I totally would have overpaid Welker to replace Stokley in the slot.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting thoughts on Welker, DG. I'm sure he would be productive with Manning but I also wonder if Manning would be willing to revise his offense significantly this late in his career in order to incorporate Welker's massive route tree. Peyton's offenses have always relied on a handful of plays focused on perfect execution; some speculations put the number of plays in his playbook at 15-20. I'm not sure how much of an overhaul he would be willing to put in to incorporate the element of unpredictability Welker provides; would all of Welker's creative routes be utilized or would he be wasted in that scheme?
Old 10-18-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasted to an extent, because he'd be asked to do significantly less overall. I wasn't picturing him as the 100 catch a season Welker, but more as just a way to get Stokley the **** off the field. He'd be used differently, and he wouldn't put up stats in such volume, but I think he'd still be extremely effective. I think some elements of Welker would be incorporated, but it wouldn't be a massive overhaul into an option route offense. Welker would be used as a complimentary guy (especially as he ages) rather than the #1. Welker's best attribute has always been to get open and catch the ball, which would still be the primary focus with Manning, even if he isn't running as complicated of a route tree.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-18-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wanted Elam and/or Short to fall in the 2nd, but I'm super dooper happy with Buchanan

Also, **** the eagles for getting khaseem :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Wasted to an extent, because he'd be asked to do significantly less overall. I wasn't picturing him as the 100 catch a season Welker, but more as just a way to get Stokley the **** off the field. He'd be used differently, and he wouldn't put up stats in such volume, but I think he'd still be extremely effective. I think some elements of Welker would be incorporated, but it wouldn't be a massive overhaul into an option route offense. Welker would be used as a complimentary guy (especially as he ages) rather than the #1. Welker's best attribute has always been to get open and catch the ball, which would still be the primary focus with Manning, even if he isn't running as complicated of a route tree.
I think he'd work in the role you envisioned, but his routes are really what makes him such a great receiver. He actually drops a pretty high volume of passes and his ability to get separation is largely due to his ability to diagnose defenses and find soft spots, plus running routes like the circle. It will probably take a #1 type of contract in order to lure Welker from the Patriots; if he's getting short term offers where he's paid like a third receiver, he may as well stick with the Patriots.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas Cowboys
R1 - Eric Reid, FS
Cowboys have had issues at FS since Darren Woodson left.

R2 - Dallas Thomas, G/T
Plan is to start Thomas at RT. Doug Free is owed a $7M salary next year and he's not worth it.

R3 - Jesse Williams, DT
Rob can move Williams around at NT or DE along his 3-4 front, but will mostly play NT and push Ratliff into more playing time at DE.

R3 (Mike Jenkins trade) - Andre Ellington, RB
Felix could only return if he comes cheap. Ellington looks like an upgrade as a compliment to Murray.

R4 - John Simon, OLB
Envision him as a versatile backup OLB or ILB as Rob loves to move people around. Wouldn't put it past Rob to use Simon even at DE at times.

Comments welcomed.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No comments? Haha ok fine.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dallas Cowboys
R1 - Eric Reid, FS

R2 - Dallas Thomas, G/T
Plan is to start Thomas at RT. Doug Free is owed a $7M salary next year and he's not worth it.

R3 - Jesse Williams, DT
Rob can move Williams around at NT or DE along his 3-4 front, but will mostly play NT and push Ratliff into more playing time at DE.

Felix could only return if he comes cheap. Ellington looks like an upgrade as a compliment to Murray.

R4 - John Simon, OLB
Envision him as a versatile backup OLB or ILB as Rob loves to move people around. Wouldn't put it past Rob to use Simon even at DE at times.

Comments welcomed.
I thought Reid, Williams, and Simon were all really nice picks, and I'm amazed that you were able to get something for Mike Jenkins. Dallas Thomas seemed like kind of a reach (not a big fan of his inability to sustain blocks) but I could imagine Dallas being interested in him.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I thought Reid, Williams, and Simon were all really nice picks, and I'm amazed that you were able to get something for Mike Jenkins. Dallas Thomas seemed like kind of a reach (not a big fan of his inability to sustain blocks) but I could imagine Dallas being interested in him.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I'm hoping the Phins sign Jennings/Bowe irl so we can draft Reid in the first.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think there is a high probability of you guys addressing WR in FA. But I hope you don't snipe Reid away from Dallas.... More than likely, Dallas will have a worse record than Miami and still pass on Reid.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

You should draft Warmack anyway.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-18-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You should draft Warmack anyway.
I wouldn't want him at 14 though.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So was BB planning on grading us?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
I wouldn't want him at 14 though.
You should.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-18-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
So was BB planning on grading us?
I just don't have the time or energy for that kind of thing anymore. If anyone else wants to take a crack at it, then they should by all means.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I just don't have the time or energy for that kind of thing anymore. If anyone else wants to take a crack at it, then they should by all means.
That's more than fair. I just wasn't sure if that was the plan.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys
R1 - Eric Reid, FS

R2 - Dallas Thomas, G/T

R3 - Jesse Williams, DT

R4 - John Simon, OLB

Comments welcomed.
Reid was my backup plan for Te'o so I love that pick and now that Dallas team is a true no fly zone. The Rob Ryan D really needs a big man at the NT Williams really fits the bill. I'm OK with Ellington

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You should.
I don't really agree, but I know a lot of guys think spending a high pick on OG is important. It would have the be the latter part of Round 1 before I would even consider spending a 1st round pick on a Guard.

When Parcells came to Dallas, he brought the philosophy that immediate needs on the interior OL should be solved through FA and the draft should be used to develop future starters. Rookie OL are just not typically prepared to step in right away and solve a need that's immediate. So maybe you solve the need in the long term, but you still struggle to get the improvement you sought out going into the offseason.

But imo, drafting Tackles in Round 1 is fine cause teams usually lock them up before they hit FA or else they cost a mint to sign. Guards and Centers get big pay days, but not normally on the same level as Tackles. Finding a bargain is not out of the ordinary. Plus, 1st round Tackles have a relatively low bust rate. So I'm all for taking Tackles high in Round 1.

I just don't feel the same way about OG and C. Yeah, I think Dallas needs upgrades on the OL. That's been obvious. But honestly, the only guy who hasn't shown signs of improving right now is Doug Free. Warmack would be a great get, but at the cost... not real thrilled about that. If the Cowboys could get a playmaking Safety I think that would put that unit over the top. We're last in the league in generating turnovers. It sucks.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd definitely be cool with that. Ross' obsession with WR could see us double up with one of them plus a high pick but Clemons is average at best and is a FA so a stud FS would be awesome.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Sign Jennings, draft Reid, package some of the extra picks to move up for Eifert (if necessary), draft a CB in the 2nd, LB or DE in the third. Would be money. We'd have to fire Ireland to have any chance of this happening, but it would be awesome!

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-19-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets landed:

1) Chance Warmack
2) Stedman Bailey
3) Brennan Williams

Via trade brought in Paul Kruger, Jacksonville's 4th next year, and Baltimore's 6th (in two separate trades, but all for the Jets' 4th round pick this year).

Kind of looks like a case of trying to build around Mark Sanchez, but that's not really the case. Think 'Canes would agree we would have loved to land Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith, just never really had a shot at either and didn't want to draft a QB for the sake of drafting one since that can set a team back (Sanchez). From there just tried to make the best of the situation for a team with a ton of needs this offseason.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't really agree, but I know a lot of guys think spending a high pick on OG is important. It would have the be the latter part of Round 1 before I would even consider spending a 1st round pick on a Guard.

When Parcells came to Dallas, he brought the philosophy that immediate needs on the interior OL should be solved through FA and the draft should be used to develop future starters. Rookie OL are just not typically prepared to step in right away and solve a need that's immediate. So maybe you solve the need in the long term, but you still struggle to get the improvement you sought out going into the offseason.

But imo, drafting Tackles in Round 1 is fine cause teams usually lock them up before they hit FA or else they cost a mint to sign. Guards and Centers get big pay days, but not normally on the same level as Tackles. Finding a bargain is not out of the ordinary. Plus, 1st round Tackles have a relatively low bust rate. So I'm all for taking Tackles high in Round 1.

I just don't feel the same way about OG and C. Yeah, I think Dallas needs upgrades on the OL. That's been obvious. But honestly, the only guy who hasn't shown signs of improving right now is Doug Free. Warmack would be a great get, but at the cost... not real thrilled about that. If the Cowboys could get a playmaking Safety I think that would put that unit over the top. We're last in the league in generating turnovers. It sucks.
You'd do better with quality guards and terrible tackles than with quality tackles and terrible guards. The Saints with Nicks are a perfect example. The DEs are a non-factor if you can step up in a clean pocket.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Eh, Saints system had a lot to do with that. A truely awful OT limits your offense a lot more than an awful OG. That said, I'd rather draft an elite interior guy (like Womack), than a good OT.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-19-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
You'd do better with quality guards and terrible tackles than with quality tackles and terrible guards. The Saints with Nicks are a perfect example. The DEs are a non-factor if you can step up in a clean pocket.
Haha, yeah that became the popular discussion that people liked to talk about last summer. I'm not gonna argue for it either way. But I still don't think it's smart to draft OGs high in Round 1. Not even the "best OG since Chad Hutchinson" in DeCastro went high. The Guard position is on the lower end of the pay scale when it comes to Franchise Tag players. If you're looking to use your money the best you can within the salary cap limits, I think it's smarter to target high priced positions in Round 1.

...and to add to that... if you can get a proven vet vs a rookie, I just think it's better to go with free agency to fill an immediate need at C or OG.

If your going do find a guy you want to develop, then that's fine outside of Round 1...but not in Round 1.