Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-27-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Backup OL need to show something to keep draft needs to minimal.

Cutting Pace and Scott to create good cap room to invest in both G via free agency is a good possibility but needing of LB will be skyrocketed.

It is tough to prioritize draft needs. No wonder, nobody has balls to do Jets mock.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith? My god!

Tavon Austin is a must if Grimes and Powell handle RB duty just fine.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarvis Jones in 1 and Jonathan Cooper in 2 please. Michael Williams, the Alabama TE, a little later.

Also, cut Scott and restructure Pace. Pace is a good player who wears the stigma of being a well paid NFL player, which is against the rules unless you're a QB or Ware/Suggs. Give him the Bryan Thomas role and he'll do it better than Thomas.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54087

I missed the opportunity but I probably wont get invited anyway. It was made by Derza and Hurricanes. Who else?

1st Round selection (12th overall): OG Chance Warmack, Alabama.

If Jets held any pick inside the top 15, the pick should be a play maker. It is too way high for Guard.

2nd Round selection: WR Stedman Bailey, West Virginia.

I like it. I think he can play outside at next level. I can see him making Holmes expendable after 2013 season.

3rd Round selection: OT Brennan Williams, North Carolina.

He is known for technique but he is strong enough for run blocking. I don't know where will he fit as Sparano is a sucker for a mauler. He could be a surprise for LT job as I think he will be at next level.

4th Round selection: Traded Away.

I have no idea what is the return but I am stick to draft only. Jets opted to trading 4th round pick away before they had a chance to land Landry Jones, a quarterback from Oklahoma, or Bruce Taylor, a pass rusher from Virginia Tech.

Personally, I probably don't go after them either but I would love to get Kniles Davis, a running back from Arkansas, or Blidi Wreh-Wilson, a cornerback from Connecticut.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just Derza and I, Yoto. For the 4th round, we traded away our pick to move down 13 spots and obtain a future 4th rounder. Then we traded away the 4th, for Paul Kruger and a 6th.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Just Derza and I, Yoto. For the 4th round, we traded away our pick to move down 13 spots and obtain a future 4th rounder. Then we traded away the 4th, for Paul Kruger and a 6th.
In that case, I am not sure if Kruger is an ideal for pass rushing job but SOLB will be needed to fill if his back checks out good.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of curiosity, what playmaker would you have wanted to see drafted in the first round Yoto?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lattimore....... oh wait ......... I'm not Yoto .......... just saying .......
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Lattimore....... oh wait ......... I'm not Yoto .......... just saying .......
I love Lattimore but I would be extremely hesitant to take him in the first round. He is a bit injury prone, and he's gonna have a lot of mileage on those wheels before he even gets to the NFL. That's very concerning to me. Not to mention that RB's generally not good values in the 1st round.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-19-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah that's cool Old School...I think 'Canes summed up my thoughts nicely there. I'd also like a bit more of a big play threat for going RB that early. There just weren't many playmakers I thought were good values at that point and Warmack filled a huge hole and will help in pass pro and the run game.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Out of curiosity, what playmaker would you have wanted to see drafted in the first round Yoto?
Dunno. I just can't go back and randomly pick any "passed on" playmaker. The fans' value regarding prospects is variously overblown. Robert Woods may be an ideal if his high ankle checks out good, meaning his explosiveness and speed could return.

In this mock, I would prefer Te'o to Warmack easily but I am pretty sure you and Cane protect Harris and Davis' stocks as starters.

Definitely no RB in any of top 20.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I love Lattimore but I would be extremely hesitant to take him in the first round. He is a bit injury prone, and he's gonna have a lot of mileage on those wheels before he even gets to the NFL. That's very concerning to me. Not to mention that RB's generally not good values in the 1st round.

Mike Gillislee and Gio Bernard are very fresh on wear and tear. I don't know if they actually have a shot for 1st round money but they look like they are.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

DaMontre Moore, DE out of Texas A&M. He is a junior but if he is eligible for this mock, he should be a consensus for that first round pick.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

So in a year where the Jets are likely to have no starting OLB, safety, guard, running back, or tight end heading into the offseason you really think ILB is the move? Not to mention the issues at quarterback and right tackle, the fact that ILB isn't a critical position in the 3-4, and the fact that bringing in a more talented receiver would probably help the offense. I just don't get it. It's not like Harris and Davis are Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman, but they're each certainly better than what the Jets are going to have at 10, 11 other starting spots heading into next season.

Moore wasn't eligible for the mock, Bernard I like and would love the Jets to land on day 2 in the real draft but also wasn't eligible.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
So in a year where the Jets are likely to have no starting OLB, safety, guard, running back, or tight end heading into the offseason you really think ILB is the move? Not to mention the issues at quarterback and right tackle, the fact that ILB isn't a critical position in the 3-4, and the fact that bringing in a more talented receiver would probably help the offense. I just don't get it. It's not like Harris and Davis are Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman, but they're each certainly better than what the Jets are going to have at 10, 11 other starting spots heading into next season.

Moore wasn't eligible for the mock, Bernard I like and would love the Jets to land on day 2 in the real draft but also wasn't eligible.

That is a joke. I had him in my draft mock. Humor failed. I need to practice harder.

For a playmaker in the first round, it is either quarterback, running back, pass rusher or big time wide receiver. Whoever fills one of those position is more logical than taking G in top 15.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
That is a joke. I had him in my draft mock. Humor failed. I need to practice harder.

For a playmaker in the first round, it is either quarterback, running back, pass rusher or big time wide receiver. Whoever fills one of those position is more logical than taking G in top 15.
BPA at those spots was Bray - Lattimore - Lemonier (maybe, pass rusher was fairly subjective but the best ones were gone) - Woods. So the value was tough there, Woods was the one we thought about most.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I don't blame you. Warmack is a sure thing.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

LOL at Shane's 2 round mock. two of Jets posters wanted Te'o in the first round. I guess we should to Derza a good-bye.

It is not uncommon that juniors from all universities in Texas choose to stay for a senior campaign but what about BYU? My stereotype for Mormon people is that they dedicate their time to education and goodsy services.

WR Cody Hoffman, TE Kaneakua Friel, and LB Kyle Van Noy look good.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quanterus Smith.. Remember him? He got 5 sacks in the game against Florida Atlantic. Unfortunately, he has disappeared more games.

Lattimore seeks the medical redshirt. If not, Jets should get him as UDFA.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

If there is no Chance Warmack for Jets then who is next better G? I don't want to see Slauson start anywhere at the LOS next season.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
If there is no Chance Warmack for Jets then who is next better G? I don't want to see Slauson start anywhere at the LOS next season.
Barrett Jones would be the next guy, although he'll probably be a C at the next level. After them 2, there's a fairly big drop to whoever is number 3.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Barrett Jones would be the next guy, although he'll probably be a C at the next level. After them 2, there's a fairly big drop to whoever is number 3.
Maybe few OT can work out as G like Brian Waters.

Last edited by YotoJets007 : 10-29-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Dallas Thomas would fit that mold, he's played some at both spots. Not a bad prospect though I only watched one game of his and would like to see more. Seemed like a solid day 2 option.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Dallas Thomas definitely crosses my mind. Him or Brian Winters could be nice day 2 pick. Both are a little bit lite for run blocking scheme.

How about LaAdrian Waddle? Much heavier and stronger for Sparano's system. Where do you think he would go?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

First 3 round picks:

1- QB Mike Glennon, North Carolina State.
2- OL Dallas Thomas, Tennessee.
3- OLB Jaime Collins, Southern Miss.

Is it a good start or what?