Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'm not touching a QB that can't read real defenses in the top 5 unless he has physical tools that make jaws drop.

Geno Smith is a 3rd rounder in most draft classes. He's mediocre at almost everything, but people are blinded by the numbers he's putting up in a high school offense.

I just hope WV gets to play a good defense before the year is over (lol@Texas). If they play LSU in a bowl game and Geno doesn't look like ****, then maybe I'll change my mind.
I think Kansas State is a good test tonight. They're defense is very good, but I do agree. Big 12 defenses are really rare to find in terms of good and solid. Texas Tech really wasn't a good defense, as they didn't play any one really. People will make the argument they had the #2 pass defense. But who'd they play? They're not 49-14 good.

Geno Smith, many will forget, as many will start nit-picking his game just as much as they do to Matt Barkley's. Look at the talent. Bailey and Austin are explosive WRs that do turn a lot of slants and crossing patters into scores. Lot of YAC for those WV Wrs.

I still think Geno Smith is a 1st round pick, but there still, IMO, is no sure fire #1 QB prospect. I think between Smith/Barkley/Wilson, it's a toss up and all probably will be picked with in the top 12-15 picks, maybe higher.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote