Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-19-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
texans_4_texas
Rookie

texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I guess my point is that stats like "3-7 in the last 10 games" are pointed and specific stats to show a bias. I could say "JG is 6-2 in the month of November" so it looks up for the Boys to make a run. It completely disregards a # of factors. The fact is the Cowboys are a .500 team.

Anyways, stats are stats....no biggie.

My overall point is that I think we're in a true rebuild right now, and we're just not as talented as Boys fans tend to think. It's that simple. You can only do so much in a couple offseasons... We had the slowest LB's in Brooking and James, one of the worst secondaries in Cowboys history, and horrible DL Depth, and we've already mentioned the terrible OL. There's only so many picks and FA's you can pickup in the offseason.
They've thrown first round currency at the OL, 1st round currency at the secondary, targeted FA's for both.
There just too many holes in the boat to fill at once. JG surely can get the blame for the OL, but then do you give him credit for the Defense improving? Or is he only responsible for the offensive side of the ball? If it's just offense, then what's the average pts scored in that "2-7 in the last 10 games" stat you threw around earlier. Cause the Defense was responsible for a few of those losses if I can remember correctly.

THE COWBOYS AREN"T AS TALENTED AS YOU THINK!

Fix the talent....and they can compete. Right now they're fielding a team with talent, but not a talented team.
Period.

I'm not even trying to defend JG here, I'm just saying the overreaction going on right now at 2-3 is kind've ridiculous. Let's let the season play out.
This team is not losing games b/c of talent. It is losing games due to poor execution. It has been doing so for years.
texans_4_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is, is that weve seen this before. When he took over for Wade he got a pass. Last yeaer he got a pass. This year NO MORE PASSES! Top 2 in the NFC in turnovers. Dead last in the NFC creating turnovers. The Cowboys average the most penalties per game in the NFL and can't tell time with the game on the line. Its time to stop making excuses for him and holding him accountable. Time management and STUPID penalties have nothibg to do with talent. It falls directly on JG. If we are still talking about it a month from now, times up IMO..

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
The problem is, is that weve seen this before. When he took over for Wade he got a pass. Last yeaer he got a pass. This year NO MORE PASSES! Top 2 in the NFC in turnovers. Dead last in the NFC creating turnovers. The Cowboys average the most penalties per game in the NFL and can't tell time with the game on the line. Its time to stop making excuses for him and holding him accountable. Time management and STUPID penalties have nothibg to do with talent. It falls directly on JG. If we are still talking about it a month from now, times up IMO..
If I remember correctly we were one of the most penalized team in the league also under Wade and Parcells. Parcells said something like "I don't teach penalties".

And I can't blame Garrett for the turnovers.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
If I remember correctly we were one of the most penalized team in the league also under Wade and Parcells. Parcells said something like "I don't teach penalties".

And I can't blame Garrett for the turnovers.
Wade was fired for these very same reasons. Apparently YOU can't blame Garrett for anything. If your happy with mediocrity, then your probably in bliss right now. I, on the other hand, am sick of it. I want Garrett to succeed, I wanted to give him the benifit of the doubt, but the same stupid **** happens week after week after week. Garrett talks a good game but clearly his players dont hear what he preaches. Either that or Garrett cant get them in position to succeed. There is a problem either way.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 10-20-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all love to be positive, and I'm sure we'll have plenty of positive moments going forward this season, but right now, people shouldn't be at fault for calling out the truth. Last week our guys played good enough to win. It was the lack of discipline and game clock mismanagement that really killed us. Sure we failed in some areas of execution, but nothing really outside of the normal give and take that has to be expected with playing this game. You don't win every execution battle. This loss was a direct reflection of bad coaching. Garrett's gotta have his players playing with more discipline and he's got to do a better job with the last seconds of the game.

We haven't put on a good ass whoopin' in a long time. We really need to do something like that soon. Hopefully it comes this weekend against Carolina. I think we can do this.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sergio Kindle is on waivers until Monday. Any chance we claim him?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I was a big fan of his at Texas. His story is a little sad.

I don't think that if he had anything left that the Ravens would release him. Cheering fir him to make it though.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Not even a waning interest. Ravens have zero pass rush at OLB and cut him. That in itself is enough to bring pause. Off the field issues in college and the pros? Huge red flag. Add in that he's one more flight of stairs away from a coma (sorry couldn't resist) and it's not an enviable situation.

Keep Butler, Wilber, and Alright for this years depth and use a late rounder on another high potential rusher to replace the odd man out next year. Assuming Spencer is resigned of course.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Not even a waning interest. Ravens have zero pass rush at OLB and cut him. That in itself is enough to bring pause. Off the field issues in college and the pros? Huge red flag. Add in that he's one more flight of stairs away from a coma (sorry couldn't resist) and it's not an enviable situation.

Keep Butler, Wilber, and Alright for this years depth and use a late rounder on another high potential rusher to replace the odd man out next year. Assuming Spencer is resigned of course.
Ravens also once cut James Harrison.

Not saying that Kindle is Harrison but saying a player isn't any good because a team let him go isn't always accurate. The league is full of successful 2nd chance stories.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Wade was fired for these very same reasons. Apparently YOU can't blame Garrett for anything. If your happy with mediocrity, then your probably in bliss right now. I, on the other hand, am sick of it. I want Garrett to succeed, I wanted to give him the benifit of the doubt, but the same stupid **** happens week after week after week. Garrett talks a good game but clearly his players dont hear what he preaches. Either that or Garrett cant get them in position to succeed. There is a problem either way.
I'm not fan of a change at HC at all. I want Garrett to stay for the next ten years and build something. It's useless to start again every 2-3 years. I get fans want to win now especially Cowboys fans, but sometimes you need to be patient. We have not won the SB recently but we also haven't had 2-5 wins seasons. We will turn the tables, just like the 49ers. But I'll stick with Garrett.

For the turnovers argument, that interception was totally on Romo. It took 3 points from us and gave 7 to the Ravens. It really came at a bad time.
I said props to Romo for leading us to two scoring drives in the last few minutes. I'm not bashing Romo, I have always been a huge fan of him. But I think that he needs to do more. And he did last week at the Ravens.
Lots of penalties were BS calls, I'm not even sure about those illegal shifts in the red zone.

In Bob We Trust

Old 10-21-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano;3157433[B
]I'm not fan of a change at HC at all. I want Garrett to stay for the next ten years and build something.[/b] It's useless to start again every 2-3 years. I get fans want to win now especially Cowboys fans, but sometimes you need to be patient. We have not won the SB recently but we also haven't had 2-5 wins seasons. We will turn the tables, just like the 49ers. But I'll stick with Garrett.

For the turnovers argument, that interception was totally on Romo. It took 3 points from us and gave 7 to the Ravens. It really came at a bad time.
I said props to Romo for leading us to two scoring drives in the last few minutes. I'm not bashing Romo, I have always been a huge fan of him. But I think that he needs to do more. And he did last week at the Ravens.
Lots of penalties were BS calls, I'm not even sure about those illegal shifts in the red zone.
I want that too. Just not at the cost of losing games we have no buisness losing. Watching us play shows we are not a well coached team. Turnovers, penalties, clock management. It all goes back to a bad, or at least not a well coached team IMO.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm not fan of a change at HC at all. I want Garrett to stay for the next ten years and build something. It's useless to start again every 2-3 years. I get fans want to win now especially Cowboys fans, but sometimes you need to be patient. We have not won the SB recently but we also haven't had 2-5 wins seasons. We will turn the tables, just like the 49ers. But I'll stick with Garrett.

I'm pretty forgiving on guys who show improvement. Bernadeau had his best game last week and Costa looked like a brand new player. Immediately off thier backs because they showed that they are getting better. Garrett making the same mistakes is the real reason for my ire. Hopefully the Cowboys start to play smarter football.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JG calling a GREAT game and Romo has been on point. We certainly are missing Murray though. Felix doesn't hit the hole and his hands aren't even close to Demarco's.

We should definitely have some take-aways Cam has already thrown some heaters into coverage.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Good looking drive that only ends up in a FG. sigh.

Hopefully it's just a good start. I wish Romo would have thrown it into the endzone instead of hoping Austin would run it in from a short underneath route.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
JG calling a GREAT game and Romo has been on point. We certainly are missing Murray though. Felix doesn't hit the hole and his hands aren't even close to Demarco's.

We should definitely have some take-aways Cam has already thrown some heaters into coverage.
Except for missing a wide open Miles Austin in the endzone so we had to settle for a FG.

It'll go overlooked, but that is a critical play and is exactly the type of result that kills us.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Finally A Turnover!!!! Wooohooo! Mooo!!!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooo Claiborne INT, huge play!!
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just fvcking cut Costa already.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At some point we have to blame the players right?
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I hope we can keep running with Cook. I can't imagine Costa was that big of a difference maker, but we're about to find out, huh?
Old 10-21-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly how I feel. WE've tried the new coach every 3 years thing. It doesn't work...
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Damn Romo missed Austin for a TD on that 91 yards drive, and then Austin fumbles and we have a 7-3 game...

In Bob We Trust

Old 10-21-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Exactly how I feel. WE've tried the new coach every 3 years thing. It doesn't work...
7-3 score feel good? I hope we don't lose today. How we only have 3 points against Carolina is baffling.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not fan of a change at HC at all. I want Garrett to stay for the next ten years and build something. It's useless to start again every 2-3 years. I get fans want to win now especially Cowboys fans, but sometimes you need to be patient. We have not won the SB recently but we also haven't had 2-5 wins seasons. We will turn the tables, just like the 49ers. But I'll stick with Garrett..

This is crazy. I can't believe some of you guys want this same output for 10 more years. You don't keep a coach for 10 years just to keep one, it works when you have a good HC to keep around, not just to do it. If you guys are ok with mis handling late game situations and numerous penalties for the next 10 years then sure, but not me.

The reason why the whole "new head coach in 3 years" thing hasn't worked is because the coaches we picked aren't good Head Coaches at all, it's not a coincidence. It's not the process that is broken, it's the selections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On topic of the game, why in the world do we hate Dez so much? For a team that struggles mightily in the red zone, we get down there and don't even attempt 1 pass to Dez? A jump ball, slant, back shoulder fade, not even one attempt? I get that he dropped the 2 point conversion, but he's also our most dynamic weapon on offense who excels in those situations, but we don't even take a shot.

He was targeted once in the 1st half, and I know he was open more then that. I'm not advocating force feeding him the ball, but why do we utilize him on **** like returning punts when he's already coming into the game injured, but in terms of the offense he's nowhere to be seen. There is still a disconnect there, maybe it's his own fault Romo doesn't trust him because he's hardly ever the first read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote