Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So Josh Smith to the Lakers next year???
I personally thought we should have made the move for him this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
That fatty probably shouldn't be putting all of his weight on his knuckles.
Goddamnit Metsox this isn't UCLA Kevin Love, he's not fat anymore.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I think he's in Sacramento next year.
That'd be pretty slick. Are you guys one of the teams with Max cap room to spare?

BTW, who are all those teams next season?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Goddamnit Metsox this isn't UCLA Kevin Love, he's not fat anymore.
He's just less fat. Still fat though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That'd be pretty slick. Are you guys one of the teams with Max cap room to spare?

BTW, who are all those teams next season?
Yes, Kings have a ton of cap room. It's just a matter of whether or not the organization will be willing to spend it. The development of Cousins and Tyreke will determine that. If 'Reke shows he can play off the ball in a more limited role offensively, and Cousins becomes even more of a beast, i think we'll be comfortable throwing money at a vet. If we're having the same problems we did last year, i'd rather just save the space and allocate it differently next year.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Aldridge would be a better fit for the Lakers than Josh Smith.

and nobody will want to play in Sleepy Time Arena. Sacramento is gonna become the new Bobcats.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

and nobody will want to play in Sleepy Time Arena. Sacramento is gonna become the new Bobcats.
As do I, but before I knew he was a FA a few years down the line I liked the idea of Smith in LA more so than Gasol. The frontcourt defense would be insane.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

We have Demarcus Cousins. Your argument is invalid.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you all think?

Rockets UNDER 30.5
This is one of the worst teams in the league. That line might move down so I should take it now. Lin is overrated, Martin's made of glass, not very efficient, and very one-dimensional, and the young guys have some talent but it probably won't translate to many wins.

Warriors OVER 35.5
If Curry and Bogut play 130 games combined, this should be easy. Klay Thompson could break out, Lee is solid, and I like the addition of Jack.

Other early leans:

Pacers UNDER 51.5
They're good, but I don't trust their point guards and they're all health risks. Paul George will get a lot of hype but he'd have to turn into a 20ish PPG scorer to take them to the top of the East. I like him but I don't see that happening. Granger's arrow is pointing down.

Sixers UNDER 47
It might take some time for Bynum to assimilate and losing one of the best bench scorers in the NBA is a big hit. As is losing a great team player and defender in Iggy. I believe it comes down to Jrue Holiday taking a leap forward and I just don't see that happening.

Nuggets OVER 49.5 (-150)
They're very deep and very talented. And VERY athletic. Probably the easy No. 3 seed in the West and I can't really envision a scenario in which they don't win 50 games????

A weird one is Phoenix @ 33.5. I can't figure it out with all the new faces.

The other weird one is Toronto @ 32.5. I like the rookie Vala and Lowry is good but the rest of the team is so pedestrian.

Some other unders I thought about:
Blazers
Jazz
Grizzlies

Thoughts?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You should have thrown huge money at the Pacers' under back when it was still at 57 or something ridiculous like that.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
We have Demarcus Cousins. Your argument is invalid.
Yes, you have him NOW.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
Yes, you have him NOW.
After this season, he'll sign an extension. I doubt he turns down sixty million dollars staring him in the face.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now Nowitzki's out for 6 weeks. We're running out of white big men.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sonovabitch is he getting knee surgery?

He should've gotten it done weeks ago and be back in time for the regular season ugh I don't know why he waited so long.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
sonovabitch is he getting knee surgery?

He should've gotten it done weeks ago and be back in time for the regular season ugh I don't know why he waited so long.
They just got done with the knee surgery.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah at least our november schedule looks pretty easy and we have Elton Brand to sit in as starter this year while he'll be out.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrence Jones is gonna **** all the other rookies in the ass when it comes to ROY!!!!!!!!

#Rocketsin3013
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to be a much bigger college basketball fan than I am now. So I remember the hype around Dequan Jones back in the day when he first went to school. Straight busted. But hey, rook is looking solid everytime he gets in there for Orlando. I think he makes this team. He was a big time prospect, nice to see him doing well. He's incredibly athletic, can play the 2 and 3, he's been a more than solid defender. Hustle guy. I like em.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Dwight Howard expected to play tomorrow in the Lakers pre season game against the Kings.

Quote:
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
Not only will Dwight Howard likely play Sunday but Mike Brown will try to play the Lakers' starters their regular minutes.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I personally thought we should have made the move for him this year.
With Dwight, it makes more sense to have a 4 who can stretch the floor a little more than Smith, especially within that Princeton offense. A guy like Love would be the ideal fit. Great weak-side rebounder and a good mid-range shooter that would allow space for Howard to operate on the block.

Probably not a popular guy in terms of fans clamoring for his services, I'd take a hard look at DeJuan Blair. He intrigues me as guy paired with D12 during stretches. Maybe not neccesarily as a starter but a solid rotational piece. He's as efficient of a PF that there is in the league in terms of points/rebounds versus minutes played. With added minutes, he could be a double double guy night in and night out.

Not alot of options at PF, outside of trades though. I like Milsap but not sure if he and D12 would mesh. I still say if Jordan Hill can keep improving on that mid-range jumper, he'd be a great fit along side Howard. Just need to get some depth at the 4 and 5 that would allow Hill to start down the road.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I just have a feeling that offensively we will see some of the same problems with Pau and Dwight as we did when Bynum was there. Dwight and Bynum both need to be in the paint, and thats where Pau is most effective, people talk about his mid range game which is solid for his size and what not but hes not the type of 4 who would compliment guys like them well. Jamison is the right idea, but hes far from his prime.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dwight Howard expected to play tomorrow in the Lakers pre season game against the Kings.
No Mike....you know what you have in the starters. I need to see you use guys like CDR and Earl Clark with the starting unit. No need for guys like Nash and Kobe to play starters minutes, wtf? Howard, of course but the rest just played plenty versus the Kings last night.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to see the Knicks this season. Melo. Stat. Chandler. Kidd. Felton. Shump.

Get some.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Completely off topic, but I've seen a couple of recent articles about Antawn Jamison as a hall of famer......******* REALLY?
Old 10-20-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Goudelock still on the team? If he is how has he looked? I liked him tbh.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I've heard he's somewhat of a longshot.